Pasadena, TX
San Jacinto Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Jacinto Community College

San Jacinto College is a small school with great benefits.

San Jacinto College is a small school with great benefits.

If i could tell myself one thing when i was a high senior, it would be to go to a university. I started out at a community college and even though i do love it there, i always wonder how awkard it will be when i transfer. Since most kids in my high school already went away to college i feel some what left behind. Even in a year when i do transfer to a university, most of the kids my age already had to go through the change i was doing at the moment two years ago.

The most frustrating thing about San Jacinto College is the parking.

Kelli

If I were able to talk to myself in high school again, I would tell myself not to listen to the counselor that told me my test scores were too low and to not even consider going to college. With her telling me that, it crushed my dreams of going to college. Then 6 years later I started going to college to better myself. No one ever said school was going to be easy, but if I would have went against the counselor's remarks I would not have given up in school. Because of her telling me that, I just stopped caring. My test grades slipped. I never attempted the SAT, because in the back of my mind, were the little words, I'm not good enough. Well I showed her, I am now in college, and pursuing my career! I will graduate college if it's the last thing I do.

I believe the best thing about my school, is the growing opportunity anyone can have. The counselors there are incredibly helpful helping you choose your major, and guiding you towards which classes you should be attending so you are not taking and paying for unneeded courses. For those either fresh out of highschool, or in my case, been out of school for quite some time, the teachers are very understanding, and most of them will go out of their way to insure you undrstand the material that is being discussed.

The absolute worst thing about my school is the crim in the parking lot. I know everywhere has crime now a days, but the cars are still being broken into. I know the police are doing their jobs, but I just wish there were just a few more survalencing the parking lots at all angles. Even having unmarked and out of uniform police offers would work. You never know if you are going to run into one.

San Jacinto offers a program for a piloting program which is unique to other schools. This is why I chose San Jacinto for my schooling.

If I could go back in time, I would let myself know that responsibility was more important than anything. I would tell myself to take more responsibility in everything that I participated in. For example, I would work hard in everything (schoolwork) as hard as I did in tennis. I accepted a major role in tennis when I was a senior, but I should have applied myself in other aspects of my life and schoolwork.

The most frustrating thing about San Jacinto is that I don't feel like I have any school mates that have any ambition to succeed.

Melanie

While my school is only a small two year community college, it's one of the most respected schools in my area. Most graduating seniors attend San Jacinto college before transferring to a larger four year school. The campus is very open and a great place to absorb knowlege.

One of the benefits of attending San Jacinto is that many of my classmates attended high school with me. Many of the other students attened neighboring high schools.

Where would the world be without second chances? Whenever a mistake is made, there is often an opportunity to right it. Sometimes though, there isn't the chance for a redo, more often than not, you have to live with your decisions and move on. If I could go back to my senior year with the information and experiences I have now, I would tell myself that it's okay to not have all the answers all at once. I would let myself know that even though you're not sure what you want to do with your life it doesn't mean the world is going to pass you by. You can take time to think about things and just slow down. Even though everything is going to feel like it's coming at you at once, it's okay to just take a breath. Unfortunately, this isn't possible, there is no redo. All I can do is take that advice and make sure to apply it to my life now. Hopefully I'll be able to look back in two years and know that I won't need a do-over.

Josh

The best advice i would give myself is to save every penny i earn. Focus on what I really want and what i am going to need. I would also tell myself to prepare for the future sooner because it gets tough and their are a number of things that can go wrong along the way. Again i would say, SAVE, SAVE, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

Travis

Cheaper tuition for the same educational purposes and goals, along with helpfull teachers and administrative staff. Small class room populations, acess to all the tools necsessary for success. Small campus allows easy mobilty.

Assuming i had a time machine i would be a very happy person for other purposes, considering forshadowing college transitions I would tell myself not to get in any financial contracts, from car payments to cell phone payments. Falling into these contracts lessens your college choice mobilty and decreases your finiancial budget for college, something that is never a good choice. Along with this I would tell myself to fill out every possible scolarship and financial aid application in site, this will increase the oportunity for a free ride through your first years of college. Along with planning for a less stressfull financial college future I would tell myself that attending a less prestigious community college will not lessen my opportunity for a successfull future, it might be a smart choice in an outstanding financial strategy for completeting the first years of college. And last i would tell myself to have fun and enjoy myself as a college student because it is going to be the best years of my life.

I tell my prospective college friends that San Jacinto college has a cheaper overall tuition compared to any other comunity college or university. I also tell them the class room experience is top notch, in otherwards you are recieving a quilty education. I' ve recently discovered that the coricumlum of San Jacinto college class rooms is the same of a more prestigious expensive University of Houston.

Nisi

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior, I would tell myself to take more math classes and to take AP classes. I would tell myself to apply for many scholarships and to not miss any deadlines for college applications. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to dump that loser I was dating because he will cause you to lose focus on school. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a highschool senior I would tell myself to join more clubs and learn to be a part of a group, instead of being a loner. Unfortunately I cannot go back, so I will finish my education and pass my knowledge to my children so they can have a great college experience which will then lead to a good life for them.

I wish that I would have known more about the clubs at my school

GO TO COLLEGE!!! I took about a three year break from school, and I regret it now. That is the worst thing that I could have possibly ever done. I could have an amazing career right, but instead I am having to work two jobs to pay the bills.

I would have to go with parking, but that is at any college.

All of the teachers are very nice, they will work with you when/if you need it. A great learning enviroment.

Audrey

Definately try harder, give it your ALL and don't be scared of change. Life is a risk itself and to succedd you must do anything and evrything it takes. Start the procces as soon as possible it's never to early don't waste any time and do NOT procastinate. Ask everyone and anyone as many question as you can think of don't be hesitant to look dumb because "the only dumb question is that that is not asked." You are capable of doing anything, all you have to do is set your goals, follow them and conquer them.

Anyone that wants to get an education. The scheduled they offer is flexible and meets any educational needs.

No one fits in this actegory. Everyone or anyone can attend.

Brandi

San Jacinto College is clean, fun and very easy to find your way around.

San Jacinto College is clean, fun and very easy to find your way around.

Pick a degree and stick with it. Once you get a job making good money you can always go back and get a different degree. Also, apply for more scholarships while in high school.

That I had the option to take more night classes than I orginally thought were available.

San Jacinto Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.