San Jacinto Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Jacinto Community College

Nancy

I recently graduated from the Medical Radiography Program and am now pursuing a certificated in Computed Tomography. The school itself offers variety of opportunities and classes to expose to each and every student. It library and tutors assist students with their studies or to just provide a quiet place for them to escape to. Overall I'm loving my community college, also because it is much cheaper in comparison to universities.

Stanley

It is a great school, on a beautiful campus and many remote locations and classes offered. Plenty of activities, sports, and tutor helps, with a great library on Central campus especially. Nice people and good attitudes! People come from all over to play on the sports teams and there is a good solid education happening with plenty of intellectual potential and many life-long benefits. :) It really is a nice place,

Autumn

San Jacinto Community College is and outstanding college. It is a neighborly college and has three locations which makes them very accessible to multiple areas. The campuses are very clean and easy to find your way around. The professors are nice and always available to help. The other students are kind and will also offer you help if you need it. This is a very nice campus and I would recommend going to San Jac to any one.

patricia

I think it is a great college. The professors are very nice and available most of the time when students need help on class work or other. The computer lab is amazing it is very quiet very good place to print out information. The library is very helpful most of the books needed for research can be found there. Great college overall.

Abby

I honestly love the school. The counselors are wonder at helping us out. We receive free Microsoft Office and it helps a ton. This school offers so much for it only being a community college and I'm thankful I can go.

Leslie

It’s a great community school to go to if you still want to be with your parents still or not able to afford a university. Faculty and staff help you a lot when you have questions and the teachers are a great help there is even on campus jobs when you want to work a part time job to pay for the classes.

Liza

It is my first year at any college so the experience is unforgettable. The teachers aren't rough and more than willing to speak to you one on one when they can. They may be a little less strict on your work as I've seen, because a lot of the classes are requirements and the goal is to pass the class. Putting in as much effort you want to get out. The flexibility is insane and very useful.

Desiree

I am always in class so I am unable to get a true college experience while I am attending here. I have been to the student center for lunch, and I feel the prices could be improved for the quality of what you are getting (the taco bell down the street is more affordable).

Aliyah

I love San Jac of course we all know the stigma behind going to a local community college and initially I let it get to me , but after my first day the professors were all very attentive and kindly San Jac has way more accommodations and resources than I was anticipating. For example they offer free tutoring in every class , the librarians are hard at work and these librarian are just a helpful and wise as you're professors would be the counselors are very kindly and walked me through everything I needed without making me feel kind of dumb ,but instead they were very reassuring. On top of everything I love about San Jac the price can't be beat!

Judith

San Jacinto is a great Community Collge for someone who is interested in getting their basic required classes in order to transfer to a state university. It is also great for people who want to pay less for their education or for those who have a family to support. It has great counselors and professors who would be delighted to guide and help you.

Ruth

So far I really love the school. Everything they have online is easy to access and the teachers are easy to reach. What I don't like as much is that so far, as to my knowledge, there is no nurse here to attend someone that were to get hurt or sick while they are here taking classes or playing sports. My sister used to attend here and she was happy with how things were easy to access. I would highly recommend this school to someone that wants to get their basics done quickly.

John

Overall I think San Jacinto Community College is a great college to go to. I have had amazing professors and they all have been very willing to help me. the administrators and other San Jacinto College employees are very helpful in pointing me in the right direction and also making sure that I receive the help that I need, and that best suits me and my needs. The counselors are very helpful and understanding and help you to figure out what classes you need to take instead of wasting your time on classes that do not count for your degree plan.

unique

the school overall is ok, where the financial aid department, is the wortst I have ever seen. They are rude and yet get irritated very quick as though it is your fault.They are highly pick and conniving. but that is not the overall school. in my opinion I like the flexible classes and payments.

Ana

My Composition professor was late every day last semester, at the point in which I woke up at 8:30 (Time lecture actually started) and got there at 9 and sometimes he was not even there yet. He always blamed it on traffic, but I think he did not want to wake up early, Who cares, right? I am still paying him for something he is not doing.

Hailey

There are some great teachers at San Jacinto but there are also others that I'm shocked are teaching people. If you need to get paperwork done, get there early because the line can get long and it goes slow. Also, the parking is pretty great and most likely you'll be able to park close to your class.

Carson

It's Legit

Karina

Overall, the college is very affordable and if you need any help students and faculty are more than willing to help. The only problem is that some counselors are not on the same page and tend to mix up information, which then causes a lot of frustration for many students.

Niquee

San Jacinto Community College is an extremely, amazing college to be apart of because there are multiple opportunities here for many students of different diversity's. Normally, at universities, you have to be rushed to pick a major and pay for classes that you will and will not need to actually take. At least with San Jacinto Community College, you can take classes at your own pace and pay less for school tuition. Also, with San Jac, you can stay until you complete your associates degree or certification course; whichever you would prefer.

Mia

I really enjoy San Jacinto College. I never wanted to attend a community college but it has been the best thing so far for my future. Everyone at San Jacinto is so friendly and willing to help. I really like the area in the campus as well as outside the campus. There are many places to explore in the area and quick access to food places. I love San Jacinto.

Celine

San Jacinto College is home away from home. It is a place where everyone is accepted irrespective of our various diversities. The social life

Hephzibah

My overall opinion of San Jacinto Community College is that it's one of the best colleges you can find. The professors are very accessible and are always ready to help when you need them. The library facility is always on point and the books there are easy to understand.

asia

i love it. they cater to alot of programs. my main program being pharmacy, they are supposed to be known for a very good medical program. i start in the fall. am excited to see everything they have to offer. i would really appreciate this scholarship it would help out with the financial side of things.

Monique

My overall opinion about San Jacinto Community College is that this is a great college. As a student, you can explore different degrees and certificate programs until you figure out what career path you would actually feel comfortable in. With this college, your classes are way cheaper than what you would normally pay at a university. Also, the books are cheaper, the food is great, the professors are extremely helpful, and the school is all for helping student succeed.

San Jacinto Community College is such a great opportunity for those who want to earn an associates degree or become certified in a specific field for better opportunities in the workforce. With affordable tuition and excellent music faculty, San Jacinto was the prime location for me to get my associates degree and prepare me to transfer to a four-year university.

Jesenia

San Jac is a perfect place to start your academic career. Its very affordable and there are so many resources, staff is always willing to help and hours are very flexible. Counselors are always available and very well informed, no only does San Jac provide all the necessary skills to obtain excellent education, but also the necessary skills to immediately join the work force.

Mark

San Jacinto college has changed my life in so many ways i began studying at San Jacinto college when I was in the 11th grade. I was a part of a program called MECA which allowed me to get a bachelors degree alongside my high school diploma at a discounted price. I am so thankful for having San Jacinto it has made my life so much easier and has given me many new friends.

Amy

Since San Jacinto has three separate campuses-- North, Central, and South-- I mostly know South, as that is the closest location to me and I attend that one. However, I have been to the Central campus. Most emergency college emails are about something happening at Central, so any time I have to go there, I'm constantly fearful for my life. I've been at San Jac for about 9 years now, but I'm returning after a few years' absence. Not much has changed in that time. They renumbered all the buildings when they added a few new ones, so we returning students were just as lost as the new ones who asked for directions. I've had amazing teachers that I adored, and I've had terrible teachers that made me want to torch their house (I didn't). Overall, the school is okay, but nothing to write home about. It's a place to get a degree and South campus is relatively safe.

Brandon

It has been great here at San Jacinto college. I enjoy the atmosphere, as everything is accessible. Even though this is my first semester i feel that things are getting with each day that I go to class. The professors are good to, they explain the material thoroughly and help with problems that you may have. The only problem I have thought, is not with the school just the students. Especially the high school students they just don't seem to enjoy class like me. Other then that everything is great.

Sofia

San Jacinto College overral is a great college to start your basics! If wanting a fast career field San Jacinto is your best opportunity for it. Events usually happen for students to get along and involve, as well as student services they are everywhere. This school provides with any needs you can get. Enrolling in classes is affordable for starters!

Monique

My overall opinion if San Jacinto Community College is it is very reasonable when it comes to paying for classes. San Jacinto is one of the top 5 community colleges in the world. San Jacinto is the best community college because the professors are extremely helpful and they will make sure that you succeed.

Quan

I feel like the campus is a good starting point for me coming out of high school. It lets me slow everything down and evaluate what i really want to do with my life. The campus is very small so everything is close. Again, this helps me because i don't have trouble finding anything. Overall Its a good starting spot.

Scout

I think San Jacinto is a great school to get started at if you aren't quite ready for a four-year university. I had a wonderful experience at the school and I was given several opportunities for success. The professors in the honors program are incredible and willing to go out of their way to provide their students with opportunities to help in their academic career. For example, professors in the honors program encourage students to write research to be submitted to the National Conference on Undergraduate Research as well as the Texas Folklore Society, different opportunities through the Webb club, and so on. I had such an incredible time at San Jacinto Community College and I would recommend the school and its' Honors Program to anyone considering community college as an option.

Crystal

In the time I have been attending it has been an ok experience. The only complaint I have is that they do not give you warning or anything to let you know that your payment is due, which they claim they send emails. I find that it is a way to scam students for more money, money that I do not have and am in need.

Gisselle

San Jacinto college is not only affordable but it also brings a high quality of higher education. The professors of this university are very accessable, clear, and very determined to have their students engaged and learn the material being taught. The campus itself is very simple but also very welcoming to the students. Throughtout the school year, there are many events for students to participate in which brings them closer to their peers and professors. Overall, this college would be a place I would highly recommend for someone to start their journey to higher education.

San Jacinto Community College is an amazing college to start of your future educational career. It has a huge campus, amazing facilities, and a welcoming community. If you become a student at San Jac take advantage of the many tools they give you like the Tutoring centers, study rooms, the library, career services, and counseling. The work staff at San Jacinto are also very helpful and timely when it comes to schedules, course drops, and fasfa. The campus is actually quite big, but easy to find your way around. I have had very few problems with teachers, but the one time I did, the head of the department was able to help me no more than a week later. The bookstore typically has what we need and the teachers are very understanding about books. There is food available on campus and a Starbucks inside of the bookstore. Overall the college is amazing. I did not expect to like community college so much, but it was an amazing experience and I was able to do all my basics at a cheap cost and even manage to save money in order to attend university. I very much recommend community college to high school graduates and San Jacinto Community College as a school of choice.

Devin

It's a great school with lots of opportunities and great professors for the most part. I had a great experience there and saved so much money getting my Associates's degree. You get out of it what you put into it., so get involved, pay attention, and make the most out of the convenience and opportunites provided to you at a cheap cost.

Alex

Depending on which campus you go to it is a different atmosphere at all three north, south, and central. I have only personally gone to central and south campus central campus is better of the two. Central campus has more of college feel to it rather than south which one still feel's like there in high school still. The professors are helpful over all there of course are those who could be better. There are a variety of degrees as well as certificates available to everyone interested. Cost is cheap compared to a university most classes will also transfer to a university.

The admissions experience wasn’t great, but once meeting the professor. It got a lot better, provide me with a lot more information.

Briana

It honestly wasn't too bad of a school. I appreciate all I've learned and experienced. The staff cared and wanted there students to succeed. If you ever struggle and need someone to talk to the actual counselors are amazing resources to go to. Ask for help when need.

Velma

Very good junior college. Small classes, teachers that are focused on teaching, and very little distractions from academics. no on campus housing, but lots of places to live outside, but nearby the campus. Very nice student bookstore and cafeteria. Always has fresh food and snacks for on the go. Lots of tutoring centers and other student help centers

Agustin

Overall great school to go and do your two years to receiver your associates and then continue on wherever you want to follow next. never once regretted going here out of high school, great professors that care about you cost is amazing almost affordable for any one looking for a collage education. if i could go back coming out of high school i still would have chosen to go there instead of Baylor right away.

Tyler

Overall, my opinion of San Jac is one of respect and admiration because the professors and college go above and beyond to help you during your time there. It is a nice gap for those who weren't ready to be on their own but also have some sense of college life before they transfer and achieve their bachelor or masters degree. I will look back at my time as a student and simply smile because of all the special people I met and positive experiences I went through. Sincerely. Tyler Mostello

Carissa

San Jacinto Community College is a great college to start on your career path. The administrators are very helpful in helping students start their career. They're also tons of activities held on throughout the campus that students can find in the halls. The students enrolled at San Jacinto Community College, are also proactive in their classes and in various clubs.

oscar

First college to attend overall its amazing.They make it easy to understand how its likes a freshman right now I'm glad I made a good decision.Theres always people to make new friends or ask questions about classes.Staff is amazing they helped me so good setting up my classes.

Xavier

Nice academic place of study to get your beginning steps done to further on your journey.

Erica

San Jacinto Community College is a basic community college intended to help students get what they need to succeed. There is not a ton of activities or Greek life available to join, but the academics are good and the teachers care. The small class sizes make everything much more personal and make it easier to communicate with the professor. They offer just about all the basic classes that I need and have made things simple overall. I was very satisfied attending San Jacinto.

Angela

San Jacinto is a great school that has helped me get one step closer to achieving my goals of becoming a doctor. As of right now I am in High School but taking college classes and getting credits to transfer in the fall. The classrooms in the new science building are phenomenal and i really enjoy taking classes there!I am extremely exited to graduate this spring and be proud to say San Jacinto helped me for the better.

Jacquelyn

I like the college as a whole but I think their food and staff can be improved if the students cared enough to complain. For example I would report my english professor because hes late to every class and sometimes he talks about absolutely nothing for an hour and a half but i'm too lazy to find out who to talk to about it.

Jasmin

Its great for anyone who is on a budget. Anyone who wants to be in Houston that would be a great college to go to. Many food places to go to if anyone hungry during campus. Also there are not so good professors in campus i would recommend to search who is your professor to be prepared.

Brian

It's a good community college to save money and transfer. What they have available and the way of executing their limited programs and services is incredible. A good location for locales to come and be educated. It is limiting in some aspects you would normally find in a university, but it is a community college so its understandable.