Stockton, CA
San Joaquin Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Joaquin Delta College

Neavane

My school is best known for their koi pond. It is a beautiful thing to see when I am walking to class. Another thing the school is know for is their nursing and cooking program. They are known to be one of the bests and most afforadable.

If I were to go back to my senior self in high school, I would literally do nothing. Because of the choices I made in high school, I am progressing well in college. I think the only thing I would tell myself not to do was have a boyfriend and get those grades up because colleges really do look at grades and gpa. My gpa in high school was average to below average and all the scholarships and things I wanted to apply for before going to college, required good grades and a 3.0 to 3.5 gpa. I wish I had focused more because then I would be stressing as much right now. Another thing I would tell myself is to NOT sign up for the Cal Grant because I learned that the grant is not even worth using at a community college. Not only was I upset hearing about that, but now I will have less of my Cal Grant to use when I transfer to a 4 year.

Students who are undecided about what they want to do later in life or are just out of high school are urged to come to San Joaquin Delta College. Everything here is more affordable and you are promised to to get what you want, whether it is a certificate or transfer to a 4 year within 2 years or less. This campus will prepare you for what is up next in your life.

Tyler

Everyday, I look in the mirror wondering if I could have done something different in my life. Having to leave a university because of money problems was a bad feeling enough. The times that I want to say to my high school senior self would be more motivating than anything that I have ever heard before. The first piece that I would say to my younger self is to not be a fool. It sounds great that you want to go to a university directly out of high school, but if you can see what your life looks like right now, you will see that it is probably the worst decision you have ever made. Because of the money that you lazily neglected to search for, you are now in a community college and are way behind in your work. Everyday you hear your friends talking about how great their universities are and how great college life is. Even though your family says everything will work out, you still beat yourself up everyday because of that one decision. You really should have started at a community college first and finished at least your associate's degree first.

For me, I wish that I had known how difficult getting into a class was. When I started Delta College, I had difficulty getting into a simple math class. The large amount of students that attend this school makes getting on the wait list alone difficult because there are several other students trying to enroll the course as it is. After two semesters, I finally learn that I had priority registration options through the disability center on campus that I did not know about. If I had learned this before, I would have been able to get into the courses.

The problems that I currently face with my school is getting enrolled into the courses that I need to prepare for my intended major. Every time I try to enroll in a prerequisite course, that course requires another prerequisite. On top of that, that prerequisite to get into the next course is either not available for the semester that I am currently enrolled in, but if it was available, there is only one teacher available. With one teacher available, this makes it more difficult to even enroll in the course.

Leah

One of my classmates works full time and goes to school full time while still maintaining a 3.0 G.P.A.

San Joaquin Delta College is known for it's diversity. There's students that attend and commute from the whole San Joaquin Valley and past it as well. It also has a wide range of the student's ages that attend. Some are actually high schoolers to people in their fifties as well. It's a nice aspect because being a student at Delta College you're able to learn and meet a variety of people and grow from them.

If I had this opportunity I would give myself quite a bit of advice, but these two would be the most influential. My first advice would be towards applying to colleges. It would be not to hold back and be afraid of the outcome or the future. Also, to think of it as a new adventure. I'd give myself this advice because I held off applying for the main college that I wanted and I didn't get in because I waited too long to submit my application. It is one of my biggest regrets in life, but you can only move forward. My second piece of advice would be, even if you lose one dream, don't stop dreaming! Dreams change, life changes, and a person does change. After everything changes, life goes on. It doesn't stop, no matter how horrible things get. Continue on and see what life has in store, it just might be a surprise. It was for me, I never thought two years ago of even considering be a Baker. Five months from now I will be working towards that and I can't wait.

katie

Well, first off I would have to go back and tell myself as a sophorme in high school to stay in high school. Second, I would tell myself that college is so much easier. All the cliches that were in high school are not there. Being in college is going to help you improve yourself. Furthing your education in college will help you get all those things you want out of life like your nice car, that big nice house you always dreamed about, going on nice vactions, and most of all the knowledge that you need to suceed in the career that you choose. If you have the chance to go to college and you dont that would be the bestest mistake of your life!

The best thing I feel about my school is the teachers! Each semster I have taken I have had great teachers. I took a GED program and my teacher was awsome. He really cared about making sure we understood what he was teaching us. Then I take a criminal justice course and my teacher would always give us examples, when he was giving us lectures, which I feel helped me remember alot of stuff.

I would have like to known how packed my school is! In the morning when I try and find a parking spot it is so hard, to find parking its takes about thirty mintues There is so many people that you can get kind of overwhelmed at first, but than you get use to it. Always the class sizes change so much from high school to college. It goes from about 30 kids to 80.

San Joaquin Delta College is a community college located in Stockton, California and caters to those of any age looking to pursue an education in hopes to receive their associate degree or planning to transfer to a University.

As a senior in high school, it is vital to keep your head in the game. You are allowed some fun, but absolutely no room to slack off on school. With your extra time, get a job and save up! This will be tremendously helpful when you're in college. You can use the money toward books and college supplies. Also, think about your future and what you might like to pursue as a college major and possible careers. This will help gear you in the right direction when choosing classes and extracuriccular activities. Don't think of your next step to a community college as a step down or a relaxation period. You're grades and dedication is just as important there as it is in high school. Again, maintain a job and keep up your grades upon transfering. Think of your two years at Delta College as a mid-step and it is helping you save money so you can transfer to a university of your choice. Delta College is a strong choice on your part so remain focused and determined. You'll do just fine.

Those who are not willing to attend class and work to get their education should not attend Delta College. Those who plan to drop their classes after a few weeks and just enroll for insurance purposes should not attend because they are not there for the appropriate reasons.

Marisol

Delta College is known for being one of the best Comunity Colleges. They accept every person who is willing to further their education and they make it easier for everybody. Delta provides financial help, day-care, and many more services to help students complete their education. Delta is also very known for having great programs and learning communities.

If I was able to go back in time and talk to myself as a High School Student I would have told myself many things I did not realize before. I would tell myself that in High School everything is given to us without a problem and without a cost and that I must take advantage of that. I would tell myself the classes, assignments, and teachers are a lot easier to deal with than in college, and for that I must excel in everything. I would also tell myself that the change from being a High School student to becoming a College student is very drastic and I would have to start prepairing myself for the changes that were to come. To start a savings account to help pay for my expenses and possibly begin the search for a job. If i was able to talk to myself knowing the things I know now, my college life would be a lot easier, therefore if I come across the opportunity to talk to a High School student and tell them everything I just mentioned I would do it without a doubt.

The worst thing about my school would probably be the class cuts that have been going on. This has been a major problem for many of us because some of the courses that have been cut are classes we need. Many low basic skill classes have been cut and these are classes that many students at Delta College need. However due to the crisis this is understandible.

derrick

If i knew the things i know now about life and college and what i would have to prepare myself for. I would make sure I get better grades that i had so that i could of attended a 4 year college right after high school. And how to apply for scholarships and why it would be gud for me to do so. Also i would of taken my sat because that would of been another reason for me not attending a 4 year university. Another thing that i would make sure i know is to exceed more in basketball, because to me thats the only reason why im outta of the street and actually trying to do something with my life instead of not going through and getting a better higher education. Also i would try and of done more community service cause not only would it of helped me for colleges but also as a person to helping others in need. And thats what i would make sure i know to try and make my future better.

The thing i do love about delta is the basketball team, i am on the team as a red shirt and really look forward to playing next year. There program of athletics has a grate group of coaches and players and people there that will help you in what ever you would need help in. Its more if a family type thing and keeps me busy. The basketball team is the most exciting thing at my college and thats what i brag about most.

The most fustrating thing about my school is that the kids are from my same area i am, and theres nobody new for me to really meet. Also the kids and people act as little kids and have seemed not to mature yet. I would of liked to talk to a couple of new people from different states and maybe even countries but my community college that i attend doesnt have that. But thats the most fustrating thing about my school.

Courtney

The advice I would give myself would be to join interest organizations and tackle my education opportunity full force. I know now that taking any time off from school just makes the transition that much more difficult, and that communicating is vital to college life. As a senior in high school I knew the importance of pursuing school, but I did not realize that there were billions of people who would die to be in the position I was in. I would tell myself that there was no time to waste, and that the first step was taking a class that looked interesting. I would stress that it is not only an advantage but a privilege to have the opportunities that I have. Lastly I would advise myself to study hard and to have fun.

The kind of person that should not attend San Joaquin Delta College is someone who is not interested in applying themselves. However we have a great staff that is always willing to help anyone with any questions or concerns for matters related to the school. They also offer education plans and pamphlets to make the experience more helpful for anyone interested in tending this school.

When I boast to my friends about school, I mostly brag about my high scores on tests or homework assignments. I also am known to brag about special events that may have happened.

Robin

My school is a diverse campus wtih people from all around Stockton and its surrounding cities who want to get an educationm, get an AA degree, or transfer to a 4-year university in order to get a good job in the future to support themselves and their families.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to not be afraid about entering college as the experience is well worth it. I would encourage myself to tackle speech (no matter how much warry I am talking in front of people) as it is an experience that I will learn from and afterwords become a better student and a better public speaker. Another piece of advice I would give myself is that I can make new friends and meet new people in college and have fun doing so. There is no reason to be afraid in talking to others during, before, or after classes or to other students in the loundges. Walk into college with your head held high and tackle whatever comes your way because you can accomplish the goals you set yourself towards.

The best thing about San Joaquin Delta College is that they have teachers and faculty who care about and want their students to succeed in school. My experience with that is from my communication studies 1A teacher who helped me and my classmates succeed in our dreaded speech class and accomplish our goals of speaking in public as well as in front of each other.

claudia

Claudia focus forget about social life. Forget about fitting in and hanging out if you could only see out of all those friends who stuck through now you would be so ashamed of yourself. Education is power and all it takes is passion to recieve it. I understand 6 am is not exacly the time you want to get up but if you only knew how much that little differance of getting up everyday will make. I know you are going through very tough times right now getting pregnant at age 15 having a mother who is not so fluent in english. You feel alone you feel like this maybe is not for you, trust me it is you are going to be a strong women out of all this and this will only make you that much stronger dont give up on yourself and dont be scared to take that extra step it will all be worth it someday. It will be you one day sitting in the office of a CEO you will be your own manager you have so many plans for yourself now its just the time to fight for what you want.

"Man" there are so many things but most importantly do not i repeat do not fall behind talk about getting left behind. The teacher will not wait for you nor will the days on the calandar if there is one thing i wish i had known would be that. Oh and should i mention come to school everyday this is no longer high school.

I passes accounting with struggles but after a while it came naturally. I mean come on now who can say that about accounting i actually love accounting i love having to work a little yet not to hard and the organization of it. I feel so privaledged to be able to say that.

San Joaquin Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.