Stockton, CA
San Joaquin Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Joaquin Delta College

Bryan

Do not give in to high school senoritus! No matter how well you have done the first three years, if you slack off, even after getting accepted, they can turn you away. Senior research papers in particular can not be shrugged off. Also; apply apply, apply for scholorships. Even if you decide to go to a community or junior college, a money buffer becomes badley needed with the purchase of books and the looming approach of a four year school. Related to that is the pursuit of community service. Yes it's a pain. It feels nice to help the environment or less fortunate people, but it feels better to watch TV, right? Know that doing a bit of extra service for the community opens up many oppertunities you wouldn't otherwise have for scholorships and internships. So with that in mind, the warm fuzzy feeling from helping the environment feels just a bit better knowing that the time you volenteir out dorrs is infact a potential couple hundred an hour in school money....potential being the key word.

Anyone who wishes to save money while still getting a decent two-year education in a community college should consider this school. As with most California schools, the there is a small issue with overcrowding, but any serious student who applies on time should be able to get in the classes which are usually not too large. Teachers, tutors, computer labs, and everything else is very accessible.

You save money! Community colleges do not really lack anything in terms of education for the first two years. There are a fair amount of teachers with PhD's who have worked in various real world jobs, and because it is a smaller school, they are more accesable. It is like a private college, only, as I said, you save money!!

Harry

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior I would tell myself not to lose focus of what my goal is in life. College is the center stage of your academic life and this is where you need to and must shine as bright as you can to be noticed above all others. Yes college will be a tough journey but remember every road worth traveling is a rocky road for a period of time. Understand that sometimes you will fall but do not lose sight of what kind of person you are, you do not quit and you do not come second to none. Get back up on your feet, brush the dust off, and continue your academic journey. Soon enough the ground will level out and you will find your place in this world. In today's reality, dreams are never achieved by standing still. You must run as fast as you can to chase that dream and when you finally do, you can look back at your life and say "I did it."

The best thing about Delta College is the assistance from all of the professors of the college. Each professor goes way beyond the call of duty when a student needs more assistance in a particular area of their studies. Never will a student feel discouraged by needing a little bit more help than others because the professors truly do care about each one of their student's performance in the class. The main goal of the professors is to help each student succeed; failure is the farthest thing from any professor's mind when it comes to their students.

Any type of person who has the drive and will power to succeed in life should attend this school. Not only with this college but any college you must have the desire to make something of yourself otherwise you will be just running around in circles dreaming of living the life you wish you could rather than make that dream turn into a reality. Delta College is meant for every kind of person no matter their sex or race for in Delta each person is equally viewed as a student who wants to make something of themselves.

Tricia

A very beautiful and landscaped campus, which makes it a pleasure to walk around or even study there.

Treat high school much more important. Once you are out of high school, if you choose not to go to college, you may not have another chance. Life gets away from you and before you know it, it has been 15 years and you have four kids and you don't have a degree. Now you want to go back and get your degree while raising a family. Although I am sure you can do it, it makes it so much more stressful and trying. Do what you can while you are young and have so much more energy. Your children will also have someone to look up to. You will expect this (going to college) of your children, so why not do it for yourself while you can!

Anyone who wants to furture their career should go to college. I think SJ Delta College is a great place to start. Maybe you have to work while you go to school, they have plenty of evening classes or even online classes. Great place to obtain your AA degree . It's also a great place to help you decide what degree you would like to pursue after that. It's centrally located and easy to access. With a school like SJ Delta College near you there is no excuse why you didn't pursue a degree.

Dana

Collage is the greatest gift you will ever receive. I know that right now high school feels like a chore and you just can?t wait to get out but collage is different. On the very first day of my first collage class the teacher said the greatest thing I had ever heard. He said ?I?ll be here teaching. Come, don?t come, I don?t care.? That is when it struck me, it is all about me. I am not doing this for my parents or teachers or even for good grades but for me. Since that day every bit of effort I have put into collage has come back to me in self respect and the understanding that I am a better person today than I was yesterday. If you have mediocre (or even lousy) grades please go visit your local junior collage. You will find that for just $26 dollars a unit the teachers and staff are doing everything they can do to give you the greatest gift a person can give, an education and all you have to do is say ok I?ll give it a shot.

The campus at SJ Delta Collage is extremely conducive to learning. There are lots of great public areas for interacting with your fellow students and just as many quite areas to be on your own or study. The builders included a number of features that add to the atmosphere of calm including a lot of open space and a waterfall in each building.

The teachers and staff are eager to help but you have to also be your own advocate. You should be assertive about what you need and don?t hesitate to ask questions. In this budget crunched time get your classes early and once you get them put in the work to succeed. If you drop a class now you may not get another chance.

Sopheap

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I wouldn't tell myself anything because if I told myself to do something different, then I wouldn't be where I am at today. I wouldn't be the person who I am, and I wouldn't have gone through the obstacles that I had overcame. By going through those tough times, it made me become a stronger person, and learned how to appreciate the things in life and realized how important education is. I've come to accept how things turned out because there are times when things just doesn't go the way you've planned it; but I am now working harder everyday to achieve a goal that I had once set.

What I consider the best thing about my school is all of the different programs that are there to help the students achieve their goal(s).

What I conisder the worst thing about my school is the parking.

Alicia

My sole purpose of attending Junior College was because I wasn't the best "student" in high school. Junior College helped me to learn to balance my social life and academic life. In high school, my social life consumed most of my life and I gave academics no effort. Community College gave me time to change my ways and have academics consume my life. I would also tell myself to look at the college I want to transfer to and to contact that school directly. I took classes that weren't necessary and prolonged my stay at communtiy college.

The worst thing about my college is that it doesn't offer a variety of classes in the political science area. My major is American Studies and Politics, so I really wished the school could offer more classes that explore this area. Currently the college only offers three classes that touch the subject.

I brag that all my professors have a true passion to teach. They are more concerned with their students understanding the material and making sure we enjoye our learning experience. Professors have a true understanding and respect for the students; which is really appealing to young adults - who doesn't love respect and understanding. However, nothing trumps professors who give you their PERSONAL cell number, so that you can reach them ANYTIME. A professor who really cares portrays it in the way they make themeselves accessible to their students.

Kathryn

Delta College has two amazing programs. Many theater majors transfer to larger universities, and recieve a bachelors in their related emphasis. Likewise, many people transfer to Delta specifically for the Nursing program, which has a longer wait list than most universities.

Having been able to attend college classes while still enrolled in high school, there's one thing I would like to go back and pound into my head: "TAKE THE CLASSES, DUMMY!" I didn't realize how great it would be having priority registration, and my books and units paid for. I could have finished high school with my Associates degree finished, without spending a dime of my own money. I wish I could go back and make myself realize how important this option was.

The worst thing about attending San Joaquin Delta College is the impacted classes. If you do not register right when registration opens, you have absolutely no hope of attending classes the following semester.

stephanie

A lot of people who went to my high school mostly go to that community college, so that gives you your friends and will never be alone.

If I had to go back. I would tell myself to sign up for more scholarships, and to get my classes early. I would also try my best to get myself in a four year college with a scholarship, that way I wouldnt be here in the same city. During my senior year i had to do a project, and i wished that i put more hours and more time into my paper. I was happy to pass and recieved an A, but my points good have been better.

I have easy classes that are interesting. I also have morning classes which gives me the rest of the day off to relax.

Schuyler

I would tell myself to work really hard, and take at least 15 units to start off. I didn't schedule my classes throughout my two years at Delta College as well as I could have. I would tell myself to be sure to see a councellor at Delta before I sign up for my classes. Also I would tell myself to study hard and try for straight A's, it's always good to set high goals. Also, it is important to not overload yourself.

adriana

My school is a underground society of undiscovered ,hardworking talent waiting to reach to the next level of greatness

My school is well known for science and liberal arts because they strive for excellence in everything they do .

If even the opputunity to go back in time I would tell myself that college life isnt always what is cracked up to be. You can be living the life, living in your dream city and not take things seriously,but in a blink of an eye that could go away ,your dream can be put aside all because you decided to let distractions run your life. You have to have a strong mind and a strong heart. Don't rely so much on your parents to take of you while in college,strive to be indepedent and have a strong voice in what you want the course of your life to go. Always believe in yourself and also to not be afarid of taking that leap of faith towards the college life because its easy to make up an excuse to not take that chance. Always have guts ! because without any guts you'll remain in the same little bedroom you've been used to you . Follow through with your plans and never lose yourself in the process.

San Joaquin Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.