Stockton, CA
San Joaquin Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Joaquin Delta College

Natalie

I would have told myself to take more time and not rush into things. Weigh out the pros and cons of the schools you're applying to. Decide what would be the best option for you personally, not what you think SHOULD be done. You don't have to immediately decide what you want to be, relax.

I wish I had known that most college students are not sure precisely what they want to do. High school students are so stressed about figuring out what they want to do with their life. I wish I had known how to relax and let things come as they will. College is the time to learn how to be an adult and find yourself.

I brag about the interchangeable options the school provides for people who are not sure what they want to do.

monica

I honestly do not know what Delta College is known for. People who have attended generally say it is a good school.

San Joaquin Delta College is unique because i thought i was going to go away to a university. Instead i am at a community college and it is really great. I am getting my general courses out of the way, which is a great way to save money. At Delta i also have the opportunity to grow up a bit more before i leave to be on my own.

If i had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself in high school i would definetly do it. I would tell myself that i need to pass all of my classes and try to take any college courses that are available. This would be the main advice to myself because classes and class materials such as textbooks are very expensive. The opportunity to get college credit is available at most high schools and it should be taken advantage of. At the time i was in high school I did not realize how much even going to a community college would cost. Now that i am attending it is fusrtating that i have to retake classes because i did not pass with an acceptable grade. Spending some extra hours doing work and studying is worth not having to take the entire course over. It would be amazing to have the ability to go back in time and do things right. Unfortunetly, we cannot, which is why i would recommend that high school students do their best and challenge themselves.

Mayra

My school has many great classes that are offered. The instructors are very great and they do care about seeing you succeed!

If I could give myself advice, I would probably tell myself to not be a procrastinator. I would talk to a good counselor and have them set a plan for me so I could graduate school like the people my age are doing. I would always study before tests and make sure that I would do my homework completely. I would not get myself into credit card debt, so I wouldn't have the necessity of working two jobs, therefore not giving me much time or energy to be a good college student.

The worst thing about my school is probably that many classes get filled up very quickly. You need to see a counselor as soon as possible so you know what classes to take, so they will not get filled up and then you will be left without the classes that you need to move on.

Erika-Alexandra

If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, there are a few things I would tell myself. The fist thing I would say is to decide already what career path I would like to take. This way, it is easier to know which classes I need to take once I get to college. Another piece of advice, is to have a general idea of which Universities I would later on like to attend. Many Universities require prerequisites for a specific major, so it is important to take those classes which will also be required. A suggestion that I would give myself is to visit counselors frequently so that an educational plan is made, and everything is being accomplished as it should. The last and most important instruction that I would give myself is to perform exceptional in every class, and to do all schoolwork regardless of its difficulty. This will payoff in the end, and it will make me very successful.

The worst thing about my school is that classes get full too fast. It is a disadvantage for many students when this happens because those who are on the waiting list do not always get in. Then they end up taking a class that they did not want or they must wait for another semester to take that class. This can sometimes lead to a delayed graduation because they must spend a longer time in the school than they had anticipated.

A person who should attend this school is an organized and responsible adult. They must take their studies seriously and be hardworking in every class. This person must also be able to balance work and school in order to be successful. It may become easy to get behind, so it is important that that the student stays on track.

Rashell

Hello Rashell, I want you to know that attending college is possible. There is Financial Aid, and scolarships that you could apply for, and recieve. There is also a work study program that you could earn cash and go to school at the same time. What I suggest you do, is talk to a counselor at your high school, and make an arrangement to talk to a college counselor to discuss your options. You can make your dreams come true. And no, your grades are not too important in determining your enrollment in college. The key thing is to know your options and not assume them. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it, and don't give up.

During my attendance, I liked the wide range of online classes. The classes that I took online towards my degree, or transfer, helped me to become able to attend to my children and further my educational goal.

What I wish I would have known before attending college, is that going to college does not necessarily require a lot of money, or the best grades. And that there are programs that help people of a low income background. If I had known this, I would have gone to college straight out of high school when I graduated in 1998, instead of joining the Army, just to get a MGI Bill. I had lost hope about ever attending college. That was until the year2006. I found out abour Financial Aid, and that I do qualify for scolarships.

Qu'el

If I known what I know now I would have got good grades thru high school. My 9th grade yr spellman wanted me to come to their school. I thought this was such a great honor. Some how I lost track of my goals in 10th grade & my gpa dropped to a 1.38. I ultimately had to do good the rest of high school. Had I stayed focus I could have had a 3.0 or 3.5 when I graduated I ended up with a 2.7. If I had to do it all over I would have never let life alter my plans & stayed dedicated. I graduated in 2005 its now 2010 & I am just now going to college. Life goes by fast so I wish I would have listened to my parents because ultimately they are there to guide you & see that you do not have any short comings.

Stephany

I think my school is known for its small size. Most classes have a maximum of 30 students, and professors are usually available to help students in need.

Because I attended Middle College High School on the San Joaquin Delta College campus, I already knew what college was like and had no need to make a transition. During my senior year in high school, I focused on veterinary sciences because that was my interest. However, because of the drop in the economy, no veterinary offices are hiring now that I have received my veterinary assistant certificate; nurses and other medical professions seem to be the only available careers. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to hold off on veterinary science for the time being and concentrate on nursing now. Other than that, I really couldn't tell myself much more.

I think that the worst thing about my school is that some required classes are not available for long periods of time. Some of my friends have been trying to get into a required course only to find out that it has been cancelled because not enough people were enrolled.

Tavy

A community college where is oped to everybody, every one can atten san joaquin delta college at any age range. have a good service that peoples needed, and a good enviroment place...

free education.. excellent service and near home

I know that college is hard than high school i would tell myself try my best and word hard on it.. its take 4 years to finish college its the same amount of year like im in high school.. so i won't give up and works through thos 4 hard years.

kam

If, I would go back in time and I would tell myself to not worry so much about the majors of choice take the courses that i would enjoy the most and have the most fun at it. I would tell myself to learn every available discipline as possible. Also, recommend take educational programs outside the insitution. I would definaetly explore more books on Business Entrprenuer and Investing side to keep myself inform the world economy. I would be more discipline in my habits in the classroom and never miss a class and be involve in class participation. I would definately ask students to be study partners to learn .

Harkamaljit

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself not to be ahead of the game all the time because sometimes being ahead causes you to do more work than you need to. I would participate more in extracurricular activities such as sports and academic clubs. I would do more community service and volunteer at hospitals to get more hours on my application. Outside of school, I would do more activites with friends such as going to homecoming games and other school games, participate in functions such as evening rallies, and by dressing up in school colors to show school spirit at any game or rally. Finally, I would tell myself to ease up the load by taking few advanced placement classes and enjoy senior year!

I wish I had known to pick my classes ahead of time because as school was about to start all classes were full even the waiting list so I couldn't get into some of my classes. I had to walk into my english class just to be enrolled in the class.

Those that have a higher opportunity of going straight to a university and have good grades and scores on their SATs and ACTs to get accepted to any university.

San Joaquin Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.