Stockton, CA
San Joaquin Delta College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Joaquin Delta College

Jill

One of the best community colleges in the state, yet filled with people who don't want to be in school at all.

It's a community college and the only option in the area. However, despite the circumstances, it's very efficient.

Listen up, Past Self! I don't know if you can fathom this, but your Delta College GPA is more important than you know. In other words, don't skip out on that Art History paper in Ms. Barrows' class that you were practically born to ace! Also, don't make the fatal mistake of confusing Beethoven with Bach in the presence of Dr. Bowen--he WILL fail you, and it WILL set you back quite a bit. It would be wise if you took more time to work on scholarships, and I'm pretty sure that if you tried hard enough, you could handle a part time job. That money you COULD be currently earning and saving is the only thing holding you back at 20 years old. If you were smart, you would take it upon yourself to begin learning German, because if you got that head start, we would be studying the history of visual culture in Berlin right now. Realize that UCSC is where you belong, and don't waste time with other schools. You have lots to do, so get crackin'! Oh, and one more thing: LOSE THAT BALL AND CHAIN BOYFRIEND OF YOURS!

Steven

Delta is a launching pad for your future and a place of opportunity.

Delta is a launching pad for your future and a place of opportunity.

I waited until I was 27 to go to College. Admittedly, my reluctance to go to college had a lot to do with the social anxiety that I experienced in high school and my inability to work within a highly structured environment. If I had known how different college life would be, I would have went to college immediately after high school. In college you are actually treated like an adult, you are responsible for showing up and studying. You aren?t being forced to do things and disciplined for not doing other things. This treatment makes you think about your progress in terms of yourself and what tangible effect it has on your future. College campuses embrace every type of life style and culture. There are groups and organizations of like minded people, making it easy to fit in. High school has fewer social outlets and creates stress for those who feel left out. If I knew how different college would be as high school senior, then I would have been a lot less apprehensive about going.

Delta is a wonderful school. It has the highest unit transfer rate in the state of California, many of the professors have their PhD?s, the facilities are state of the art, and there is an eclectic mix of students and culture represented on the campus. The only people who shouldn?t attend Delta College are those without the drive and determination to succeed. Unfortunately, California is going through a tough budget crisis, colleges and State Universities are losing programs and resources left and right. It would be to everyone?s benefit if only serious students attended this fine college.

Kristine

Though Delta College isn't like those big fancy universities, its still a place that has helped me take a step back from the chaos of my unknown future and has guided me to where I want to go and to become who I want to be.

Looking back now, I didn't know much back in high school. I worried so much about insignificant things and knew so little of what my future had in store for me. The piled up expenses, the countless study hours, and the worried thoughts of trying to figure out what you want to do for the rest of your life. I didn't think it would be so tough, I wasn't prepared at all. Looking back I wish I was more informed, more prepared; that I already knew what I wanted to do in life and how exactly I was going to get there. Though it may look scary now, don't be afraid. While it may seem others are passing you by, don't fret, as long as you perservere you will get there too. Just do your best, make good choices and learn from your mistakes. I know it wont be easy but someday in the future, you will look back and see how far you've come. Years may pass and friends may come and go, but you will never forget all the memories, good and bad. Its your life, be ready, and take the leap.

Carolyn

My classmates were materialistic, the school looked like the show "Laguna Beach" threw up all over it, and you weren't cool if you didn't drive a hovercraft.

Keep doing your best. Try out for Basketball. So what if you have a bum ankle? Talk to people who you think are "out of your league." Break up with that loser. Think about what really makes you happy and what you could see yourself doing forever. Please, stop being so hard on yourself, there is life outside of these walls.

I really wish I could have seen High School in a different light. Yes, I did my best, academically, but I didn't realize that there was another world outside of my graduating class of 300 students. I made it the most miserable time of my life. It was very hard for me to make friends. Other than that, I wish I could tell my "past self" to lighten up, maybe not be in such a rush, and really think about what occupation would make me happy in the long run.

jazzmine

One of the qualities I enjoy about my school is that it's a smaller campus. I feel the teachers are way more personal with the students and that gives students a more comfortable atmosphere allowing us to do our best. Another thing that I admire is our office staff is persistant and very helpful compared to other office staff that I've encountered. What I love the most about my college is that all my closest friend's attend it!

Oh my gosh! If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would be doing so much better right now. The first thing I would tell myself is to really sit down and think long and hard about your choice of college. Making too fast decisions can land in an learning enviroment that's not really fit for your lifestyle. Another thing I would advise is to set goals and stick to them step by step. When you have something to look forward to, the time seem's to go by faster. Make sure you have applied for financial aid, scolarships, and other free grants just incase you run into some unexpected college fee's. Try to have atleast a guarenteed part-time job for extra college living needs. Last but not least go into college with your mind not set on having fun but furthering your education and carving your success in life.

Well being that most of my friend's attend my college, there's not too much to tell them. But we always have a gang of things to tell eachother. What we love most about our college is the sincerity of our teacher's intentions to teach and help us to get ahead in our education.

James

The unique thing about Delta College is the wide array of cultural influences that are represented at the school. Because the student body is made up of multiple cultural backgrounds, the college is able to introduce and share the unique cultural differences amongst the student body. This is a wonderful way to learn about the cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles of the student population.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go to school right out of high school. I didn't start college until my 30th birthday and although my life experience has helped me in my schooling, I can not help but think that a good deal of my time was wasted on things less important than my education. I have learned that the key to success is a quality education and I would tell myself that the people who work for the college system will do everything in their power to make sure that I will succeed. I would myself that although college is rather difficult, it is also extremely rewarding.

I wish I had known how cooperative the administration and staff of this college was. If I had known how much help the staff at Delta College would be in preparing me for the next level of my education, I would have gone to school 10 years ago rather than waiting until I was in my 30's to start my post high school learning.

Julian

I would tell myself not to let anything get in the way of my education. When I first started college it was going smooth until the work started pilling up, and I thought it was too much because I wanted to go out with my friends. Now I know that school should have been my top priority, and the parties go at the end of the list after all my work is complete.

It has a comfortable learning environment and they work with you around your obstacles in life.

I wish I would have known that I didn't need to take out student loans just to go to college.

Christopher

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself three things: pay attention, take advanced classes, and socialize. The biggest aspect of my life that I regret is not taking high school seriously. Even though I graduated with decent grades, I did not absorb the amount of information I should have, and that has had a direct impact on my college education. Taking advanced classes would have furthered my knowledge, especially my analytical skills which are very important in college. Finally, I would tell myself to make friends with a diverse group of people instead of that single group of friends you have known your entire life. This would have given me a more in-depth perspective of different educational paths, career paths, and even just "life paths".

Academically, I wish I had a stronger foundation in mathematics prior to attending San Joaquin Delta College.

The most furstrating thing about this school, currently, is the state-mandated budget cuts. This destroys the schedule of classes, making it very difficult to find a class at the time you need.

Kassandra

My classmates are nice.

My classmates are nice.

I would tell myself "Kassie, STOP WORRYING!" I stressed myself out way too much. Things are going great now. College life is wonderful! I wish I enjoyed life more in high school instead of being scared about the future. I would also say take a deep breath every once in a while. It helps me feel better.

I have a difficult time figuring out who to call or email about a situation.

San Joaquin Delta College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.