San Joaquin Delta College Top Questions

Faiqa

its not terrifying

I wish I had known how expensive the required books are in the bookstore.

Salma

I wish I'd known the buildings and the teachers better. Some teachers are better than others, despite their subjects, and looking them up is the best option for getting a good education.

For me, I wish that I had known how difficult getting into a class was. When I started Delta College, I had difficulty getting into a simple math class. The large amount of students that attend this school makes getting on the wait list alone difficult because there are several other students trying to enroll the course as it is. After two semesters, I finally learn that I had priority registration options through the disability center on campus that I did not know about. If I had learned this before, I would have been able to get into the courses.

katie

I would have like to known how packed my school is! In the morning when I try and find a parking spot it is so hard, to find parking its takes about thirty mintues There is so many people that you can get kind of overwhelmed at first, but than you get use to it. Always the class sizes change so much from high school to college. It goes from about 30 kids to 80.

claudia

"Man" there are so many things but most importantly do not i repeat do not fall behind talk about getting left behind. The teacher will not wait for you nor will the days on the calandar if there is one thing i wish i had known would be that. Oh and should i mention come to school everyday this is no longer high school.

The teachers and staff are eager to help but you have to also be your own advocate. You should be assertive about what you need and don?t hesitate to ask questions. In this budget crunched time get your classes early and once you get them put in the work to succeed. If you drop a class now you may not get another chance.

I wish I had known that most college students are not sure precisely what they want to do. High school students are so stressed about figuring out what they want to do with their life. I wish I had known how to relax and let things come as they will. College is the time to learn how to be an adult and find yourself.

Rashell

What I wish I would have known before attending college, is that going to college does not necessarily require a lot of money, or the best grades. And that there are programs that help people of a low income background. If I had known this, I would have gone to college straight out of high school when I graduated in 1998, instead of joining the Army, just to get a MGI Bill. I had lost hope about ever attending college. That was until the year2006. I found out abour Financial Aid, and that I do qualify for scolarships.

Harkamaljit

I wish I had known to pick my classes ahead of time because as school was about to start all classes were full even the waiting list so I couldn't get into some of my classes. I had to walk into my english class just to be enrolled in the class.

Carolyn

I really wish I could have seen High School in a different light. Yes, I did my best, academically, but I didn't realize that there was another world outside of my graduating class of 300 students. I made it the most miserable time of my life. It was very hard for me to make friends. Other than that, I wish I could tell my "past self" to lighten up, maybe not be in such a rush, and really think about what occupation would make me happy in the long run.

I wish I had known how cooperative the administration and staff of this college was. If I had known how much help the staff at Delta College would be in preparing me for the next level of my education, I would have gone to school 10 years ago rather than waiting until I was in my 30's to start my post high school learning.

Julian

I wish I would have known that I didn't need to take out student loans just to go to college.

Academically, I wish I had a stronger foundation in mathematics prior to attending San Joaquin Delta College.