Bakersfield, CA
San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield

Kylee

Every program and every individual has to abide by the same rules. I do wish that the dress code was program specific though. It is an accelerated course which is nice and quick, keeps your mind focused. All faculty is there to help and the students become a tight knit group of people.

Peter

The college overall is sufficient. I had issues in the past that forced me to quit my schooling, but I was able to clear things up and went back. The facilitator of my class seems to be unsure of the material and I have had to correct him by referencing the text book. I believe there could be improvements to the curriculum to make it more interesting than just looking at a power point the whole session. It is sufficient to learn the material, but very boring, for lack of a better term.

simran

Very nice community college with excellent supportive and knowledgeable staff members who can help shape careers.Having a teacher that has had field training is immensely helpful for future knowledge.

Breanne

It is great educational experience, with a family and community sense, and everyone is friendly and encouraging.

I would say to myself is to go to San Joaquin Valley College straight out of high school. Because here is where I am getting the right education I need for the career I want pursue, which is a pharmacy technician.

So far being here I have not found any or experience anything bad about San Joaquin Vally College.

miriam

San Joaquin valley college is great s school if you wan to get trained and start working fast. The months go by real quick. Before you know it you doin your externship.

The amount i have to pay back in student loans.

Kara

My school is like a huge family; everyone is there to help eachother and everyone is so caring.

If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to pay attention in my math classes because you actually do need to know this material! I would also tell myself to change my study habits because studying plays a huge role in college. The last piece of advice I would give myself is do not slack off! Once you slack off, it is extremely hard to get back on your game because college instructors are not anywhere as lenient as high school teachers.

The only aspect I dislike about my school is that a lot of the credits are not transferrable.

kimberly

it is very chalinging but ready for the chalening

it is very chalinging but ready for the chalening

that i cant depend on pepole pushing me to do thing and teachers reminding you when things are do. i would be a foot a head of everything to not stay behind

that they where going to treat me like a grown adolt and nothing was going to get handed to me but i havd to work for it and i like that

Augustine

The degrees in the fields given, which puts the students at more of an advantrage of others in their field of study with just a certificate.

Start school earlier! You have so much you can do with your life, and never give up. You're going to go through drastic changes and remember to keep your head up and stay focused on your goal. Do not stress out on the little things in your life because in a few years it will not even have really mattered.

The accelerated programs allow you to transfer to a university and it only takes 14 months.

Ashlee

Take any advice your teachers give you, seriously, apply for as many scholarships as you may think you may qualify for, and enjoy your last year as a minor. Don't goof off and do things you'll regret, but maintain the good grades and enjoy your last year of high school. Adult world isn't as easy as you think it will be. It is costly and can be stressful. Yes college is going to be fun, but it is the real world, time to focus on your dream career.

I wish I could've gotten scholarships before attending the school, it is pricey, but I wouldn't change my decision. I love this school.

Angela

If i had the chance to go back in time to my high school senior year i would honestly tell myself to pay attention more in class. i would tell myself how college is more mature than what im doing in high school. i would also tell myself to get better grades and convince myself to go to sjvc. i would tell myself how college life is more responsible and a bit more difficult than high school. i would tell myself to not get influenced by the negative people surrounding me, enjoy my last year of high school with friends , and be more involved in school. Once high school is over all your friends leave and you won't be able to see them like you do in high school. i would definaly tell myself to apply for scholerships, i had the oppertunity to sign up and i didn't take the chance for goofing off my last year. i would tell myself to not give up in school and keep moving foward no matter what school plays a big role in life.

Threw out the whole time i have been attending sjvc from Augest 2013 to now there is nothing bad to say about my school. I absolutely love it there. From the frist time i steped in sjvc i fell in love how the school acidemic records are, class hours, small amount of students in each class, and much more. i do recomend people to go to sjvc rather than any other private college. i feel like family at sjvc, everyone helps you and work together to make you successful in life. SJVC is a very profecinal school i love it.

I believe anyone is welcome to attend sjvc who is trying to make their life into a career they want. i don't like to judge who does and doesn't deserve to attend everyone is different and has their own person reasons why they choose to attend sjvc. i believe people who attend sjvc it's a personal choose, and know what they are getting theirself into. sjvc is a amazeing place to learn and reach your goals, there is a varity of age starting at 17 and older who attend sjvc, its never to late.

San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.