San Joaquin Valley College-Bakersfield Top Questions

Breanne

I would say to myself is to go to San Joaquin Valley College straight out of high school. Because here is where I am getting the right education I need for the career I want pursue, which is a pharmacy technician.

If I could give my high school self advice, I would tell myself to pay attention in my math classes because you actually do need to know this material! I would also tell myself to change my study habits because studying plays a huge role in college. The last piece of advice I would give myself is do not slack off! Once you slack off, it is extremely hard to get back on your game because college instructors are not anywhere as lenient as high school teachers.

kimberly

that i cant depend on pepole pushing me to do thing and teachers reminding you when things are do. i would be a foot a head of everything to not stay behind

Augustine

Start school earlier! You have so much you can do with your life, and never give up. You're going to go through drastic changes and remember to keep your head up and stay focused on your goal. Do not stress out on the little things in your life because in a few years it will not even have really mattered.

Ashlee

Take any advice your teachers give you, seriously, apply for as many scholarships as you may think you may qualify for, and enjoy your last year as a minor. Don't goof off and do things you'll regret, but maintain the good grades and enjoy your last year of high school. Adult world isn't as easy as you think it will be. It is costly and can be stressful. Yes college is going to be fun, but it is the real world, time to focus on your dream career.

If i had the chance to go back in time to my high school senior year i would honestly tell myself to pay attention more in class. i would tell myself how college is more mature than what im doing in high school. i would also tell myself to get better grades and convince myself to go to sjvc. i would tell myself how college life is more responsible and a bit more difficult than high school. i would tell myself to not get influenced by the negative people surrounding me, enjoy my last year of high school with friends , and be more involved in school. Once high school is over all your friends leave and you won't be able to see them like you do in high school. i would definaly tell myself to apply for scholerships, i had the oppertunity to sign up and i didn't take the chance for goofing off my last year. i would tell myself to not give up in school and keep moving foward no matter what school plays a big role in life.

Devon

Oh gosh, as I shake my head, I would tell my high school senior self to make a decision and stick with it! The sooner you get an education, the less you have to worry about your future. Make the committments and struggles NOW. College education was much cheaper 10 years ago for me! And I could be 10 years into career-field experience, which would mean higher salary right about now. Basically, make a decision, make a committment, and GET IT DONE.

Be resourceful. Enjoy the little things. Always look to strive for better. Don't let failure come between you and your future. The road may be rough but keep your legs moving. Look into low stress income source while attending school.

Patty

stay in school! have fun with friends, but dont give it up. stay focused on what your doing and make the very best grade you can. if you have difficulty in some areas, ask for help and dont be ashamed. ask the the instructor to help you day by day if needed to assist you with homework. research for yourself. go everyday to school. bring everything you need to school. feel good about yourself.

jagseer

if i could back in time and talk to me as a high school senior. i know college life way different than high school like. in high school we have friend who can help us if we doesn't undersanr anything but in college life every boby gets too much work to do. college student just can help by self.

marvin

Stay Focus. Party later. Bookworm friends. No sex before marriage.

Terrell

i would tell myself to strive for excellence, out work every one else around you. Cause its gonna pay off in the long run. keep an steady head and stay focus. let nothing stop you of your dream. The college life can be a little intimidating, but your strong enough to handle any situtation if you put your mind to it. You are about to change your life so make it count. there's no such thing as i cant. stay positive belive in yourself, cause only good things can happen from here on out. and remember to always do your homework and ask questions.

julia

I would of tried harder to succeed my senior year. Knowing that year could have made a difference in my future would have been really big. The friends, fun, and random things weren't going to be in my future. So i should have cared more about school then what was happening at the moment.

Aria

Dear 2004 Aria, It?s not as hard as you?re making it out to be. It?s difficult, sure - it?s meant to be! - but it is not the unassailable fortress that you?ve built it up to be in your mind. None of this is happening solely to you! Everyone has these exact same problems when they start out. You?re all new to this. It?s big and scary and frustrating, but not impossible. While one or two of them are going to be unreasonable, the vast majority of the university staff are ready and willing to lend a hand. Just remember that the only stupid question is the one left unasked and you?ll be golden! Make an effort to make friends, too. If they aren?t sources of wisdom, at least they?re sources of compassion. Sometimes a friendly face and an understanding grin-and-bear-it shrug when you air your grievances is better than any amount of advice. Oh, and remember: study, study, study!Your Problems of Philosophy final is going to be a real doozy. Good Luck, 2009 Aria

vanessa

I would tell my self to start changing my habbits now even take things way more serious, because high school life is so easy to do especially the homework. And now that I can look back I know what I am doing now I could have been a straight A student in all four years of high school, but we all have to learn from our mistakes and make better ones in the future.

Corey

i would tell my self to dedicate my life to school, you can never stop learning. I would also say that the experience would be much greater if you went out of town to go to school, you will get the chance to meat many different kind of people.

Miguel

There are many things I would tell myself, having the knowledge I have now, as a high school senior. First of all, i would encourge myself to develope good study habits, prior to entering college, I think this is a very essential trait need to succeed in college and beyond. I would also mention to find motivation to stay interested in school. This is a very important , beacuse without it there is no point in showing interest if there will be no "follow through". Finially, just to enjoy and take in the whole "college experience", to do as much as I can without over-working myself. College prepares us for our careers and our lives, it doesn't have to be a dreadful experience, it can be a fun and very interesting time in someone's life.

I went through a very rough time in high school. I gput myslef into a large amount of troublesome issues. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself that no matter how hard life if, it is worth the struggle. I have not only learned alot through the rough times, but I have grown to know who I am. I would tell myself to NEVER give up and to take everything with a grain of salt.

The advice I would give myself is to never underestimate yourself because you can do anything if you put your mind to it. In high school i tended to let myself esteem go down when i faced the harder tasks, but now i know that i can do anything if i set my mind to perform at the highest level i can achieve, because for me, life is like a mountain. With each step you take you are climbing higher and higher until you reach the top. As we all know there will always be obsticles in life, rocks in your way, but once you set your mind right and overcome those obstacles you will climb higher in life higher (in the mountain) until you reach the top and accomplish your goals. The best advice i would give myself is to focus on my goals, set my mind straight, and climb up that mountain that will lead me into a better future when i overcome all the obstacles on my way and reach the top.

BRENDA

If I was to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself, to keep up my grades. And not to miss as much school. And I would also tell myself to fill out scholarships, so that may parents wouldn't stress.

Sabrina

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would let myself know that being in college isn't as easy as everyone thinks it is. I would tell myself that being in college adds more stress to your life as being in high school does except now you are responsible for the financial struggles you go through. Getting into college isn't as hard as trying to stay in college because you pay alot of money for that education and when the going gets tough a lot of people decide to drop out because of financial problems or because they just couldn't deal with the pressure. I would let myself know that going to college is worth it because if you want to make something better out of your life and push yourself toward a good career, the best way to go is with a college education. I would tell myself that even if you end up with a kid before college, don't give up on your dreams and continue going to school to provide better for your life.

Well i would go back and tell my self to do all my school work. I would tell my self to not wait around until the last minute to try and pass school. I wouls also tell my self to have a littl fun, and not wait around on some jerk.

Tanya

To be able to go back in time to change anything that has happened to me since I was a senior would be great, but if I did that I would not be the same person I am today. I could always tell myself to work harder at what my dreams were. To not let anyone stop me from doing what I want. But, lets face it my life know might not be what I would have thought it would be as a kid but, it is mine. I can only change how I am today not the past. To sit and wonder what might have been would stop me from reaching all the goals I have set for myself now. I would love to change how I was in high school what person wouldn't want that but, for me all the mistakes, challenges, and rewards since then are worth not going back in time and telling myself to change one thing. School can be hard but, it is also a reward that you have to work at no matter what age you are.

jagseer

.

Rodolfo

When I initially entered the college world, I did so with a nonchalant attitude. I had done so well in high school that it didn't seem possible for me to struggle in college. I assumed that I would glide through school effortlessly, afterwhich I would find a good job. Gradually, I started to lose my focus on my schoolwork. A couple of months after I started college, I dropped a couple of classes. Eventually, I dropped out entirely, trying to convince myself that it would be easy to go back when I was ready. If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior, the first thing I would say is "Focus all of your attention of school. Everything else is second." I would convince myself that college is not something to be taken lightly, and that if I complete it, I can have a very fulfilling life. However, if I were to lose just a little focus, that could lead to my goal of having a good life being delayed for several years. The second thing I would tell mysef would be, "Don't think life will always be as easy as it is now."

Beverly

wut i woud tell myself would be is to stay focused and have alot more funn....but stay focused!!!!

Sandra

My advice to myself would be to focus more on my school work and grades rather than focusing on my friends and having fun. I would tell myself to join some activities and/or sports.