San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

San Jose State is coveniently located and has a very good academic program. It is located in the middle of the city so it is surrounded by entertainment and important resources. Sometime students have a difficult time adjusting to campu life because it can be hard to get involved. It is mostly a commuter school, so some effort is required when it comes to having it grow on you. In other words, you can't sit around expecting to have the school help you meet people and feel at home, you have to go out there and find them yourself!

QCC is a warm, welcoming and close knit campus that has been a blessing for someone returning to the scholacular atmosphere after many years. This campus provides an outstanding staff, vibrant professors and a nurturing atmosphere for any student of any age and backround. I believe this college provides their students with a strong education and the confidence to go forward to the next educational step. I am thankful for the advice regarding attending this school and recommend it highly.

When moving in to SJSU, there was no organization and clarity. Things were confusing and unclear. The parking gargage really smells and have gotten two parking tickets in one semster while having a parking permit (easy to do). The teachers are great though, so far, at SJSU. They are helpful, encouraging, and inspiring to those who are willing to be great.

San Jose State is a commuter school located in the center of the technology industry, known as Silicon Valley, where the students seem to be focused on getting practical education, undergrad and beyond, that will help them to be successful in their careers, which include technology, education, business, nursing and many other fields.

San Jose State University is a large school with large school problems, and sometimes a student might feel like he is anonymous in such a large crowd of people, but every teacher that I have met while attending school there has been very friendly, helpful, and engaging.

San Jose State does have an issue in crime and is sometimes regarded as a medicore school. Nevertheless, It does have a widespread consensus on student advising and the school is only worth as much as the effort the students are willing to put into the campus lifestyle.

Classes at San Jose State University seems to be heavily based upon homework assignments; I like having a small number of assignments because they can boost grades but I think that students retain more knowledge in the long run if there is less homework and more tests.

San Jose State is an exemplary establishment that caters to all ages, ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, political views, etc with all sorts of activities that will leave one begging for more with the hope of soaking everything up like a sponge.

San Jose State offers its students with a diverse range of classes that most students prefer to take and has a wide array of resources available to all of its students to help their college experience be a memorable one.

San Jose State University is a commuter school aimed toward educating engineers for silicon valley companies in a part of San Jose which is not exactly known for its cleanliness.