San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

As far as my classmates go, I would say that they are, for the most part, apathetic about the General Education classes I took with them. They all seemed so sullen and melancholy about having to take classes that had nothing to do with their major. I couldn't help but feel a little bad for the professors because of how hard they try to get a little bit of participation out of the dreary shells of people that filled up the classrooms. I just felt like I should be honest.

At San Jose State University there is a large mixed race student and teacher population. Everyone is acceptive of other veiws and ideas from many different cultures. There is also a wide variety in financial status among the students. Even though there are many differences between the students, everyone has a common goal of recieving a higher education. It is important to everyone to do well in their courses and to succeed in their chosen career pathway.

The classmates were a mixture of young students out of highschool while the other half were returning students that were in their late 20's to early 30's. The students for the most part took school seriously and were hard working. I made quite a few friends and enjoyed attending the school. Lastly, the professors are top notch.

The classmates are extremely varied. They run from extremely self-motivated and intelligent to local gangster types who are trying to get through undergraduate studies. Most students do not look beyond the required course material, but most are responsible and act accordingly.

My classmates are generally diverse and exceptionally willing to at least try to understand, accept, and appreciate that which is considered "different," as well as things that are challenging (academically, socially, personally).

Most classmates are ok. Sometimes you get stuck working with lazy ones but that can happen anywhere. Ive noticed that a lot of people commute to this school so they are less flexible with meeting up for projects.

The majority of my classmates seem like the average college student, in that they are focused on completing their education and starting their careers while balancing their part-time jobs and social lives as well.

My classmates are highly diverse in all aspects: gender, race, sexual orientation and religion! This is one reason I wanted to attend this school was because all the different people I could meet and did.

I would describe my classmates as hardworking and energetic, they are the type of classmates that would help you if you fail and always wanna have fun, but most of all they are hardworking.

In general - most students, especially those within the Philosophy program (or taking Philosophy courses) are very insightful, participative and ready to contribute to class discussions.