San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

San jose State is located in the heart of the Silicon Valley of the San Francisco Bay Area. This gives students at SJSU an advantage in career opportunities. Many large corporations in the area locally hire and recruit largely from SJSU. Furthermore, being in downtown San Jose, there is virtually always something to do beyond academics. This provides for a great collegiate atmosphere. There is also a large Greek community on campus. There are social, ethinc, and career based greek organizations on campus, which allows for students to network and expand their horizons exponentially.

San Jose State has proven to be a strange school insofar as it has such an extrodinarily diverse makeup. There are, of course, several different races and cultures throughout the school, but what surprises a silent observer like myself so much is the clique diversity. As you walk through the grassy quads of SJSU, it is not uncommon to walk past a group of preparatory fellows, artistic women, or even the occasional skateboarding group. It seems that San Jose State is a mere meeting place for thousands of young adults from all around the world to congregate.

San Jose State University is in the heart of my beloved city, San Jos?. I have lived here most of my life and I decided that I wanted to stay here for college because it has such a great community and an exciting environment. Wherever you go, there is something bound to please your palette; whether that means the arts, science and technology, or literature. Most importantly, the people in San Jose are so welcoming and friendly. Why go to a new city to find other adventures, when there are so many for me here, just waiting to be discovered?

San Jose State University has the multi-cultural mix that best exemplifies our world and neighborhoods. This school is unique in its diversity which will better prepare us for real life. This school is also a Division I Athletic school, and I play Softball for San Jose State. There are many opportunities for Community Service life and is very active in the community that it is in, and I think that is a very important fact that also helps us help to take care of others in our communities and around the world. San Jose State Rocks!

It feels like a small community smack dab in down town San Jose. You have the benifits of downtown but it's also extremely safe and comforting. The city is extremely supportive of the campus and worked together to give us a great library. 8 floors of books, tables, study rooms, and people to help you with your school work. The engineering dept is aimed at silicon valley; we have seminars every thursday with professionals in the area and the dept takes advice directly from alumni and industry.

San Jose State provides me with the option to go home on the weekends, unlike other schools I considered. I live fairly closeby, but still live on campus this year as an attempt to create a social standing for myself by being invloved in various on-campus activities. San Jose State also had a business school unlike one of the other schools I got accepted to. I enjoy the perk of having free VTA use on buses and trains throughout the valley as this helps me get to and from home without a car.

The professors at QCC are intuned to each student and know they are there to help students progress to the next step. Every staff member is eager to answer any questions and makes a student feel as though they are important and special. Even though they are growing by leaps and bounds and provide a solid education at reasonable prices, classrooms are still a proper size for each student to get proper attention. I cannot say enough about this staff and QCC professors!

San Jose state university is located right in the center of silicon valley, and it is extrememly diverse. Something I love about this school is the variety of people I meet on a daily basis. There is a little bit of everything. I am from Southern california so I wanted a change, therefore I moved up north which is great. This school is mostly a commuter school but there are infinite ways to get involved to promote many opportunities for students.

The level of education and cost of education at SJSU cannot be compared and be better than anywhere else. SJSU has great teachers with a lot of opportunites to expand your education. Since SJSU is in the Silicon Valley all tech fields have a big opportunity. And, cost of tuition is super low and even more if you are a California resident. Also, it has one of the best libraries in the country.

My school has been around for over a hundred years. It is also in the heart of the Silican Valley where technology companies started and gained major recognition world wide. I chose San Jose State University because it is actively involved in engaging students and corporations to work together. Most students who graduate from San Jose State get hired immidiately. San Jose State is also my home.