San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

Although San Jose State is known as the oldest university in California, the one aspect of the school that I brag about to my friends is the Martin Luther King Jr. Library. MLK is a joint project with the city of San Jose and is both a public library and university library. MLK is also home to various special collections. The Beethoven Center is devoted to the life and work of Ludwig van Beethoven; they even have a piece of his skull in the exhibit. MLK also houses the Steinbeck Center, the largest Steinbeck archive in the world.

Living in a city can come as quite a scare to people who spent their beginning years in a less developed area. The thing that I enjoy most about my school (more specifically the city my school is located in) would be that San Jose is a fantastic combination of a large city and a calm suburban town. The area is riddled with microcosms: some large, hectic, and exciting, and others quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. Furthermore, the city is a cultural melting pot; I learn new things about different backgrounds on a very regular basis.

San Jose State University is the most diverse school in my perpective. There is so much to see and do at SJSU. A lot of events to participate in but the one thing i can brag about is the quality teaching and assistance provided my SJSU. You really can never be stranded because the professors are nice, they are also helpful. The truth is, the teaching almost seems like its one on one; plus, there are so many resources in SJSU. Need help with math, there are math tutoring every tuesday and that is very helpful. I love SJSU. :)

I brag to my friends about the housing opportunities at San Jose State University. My freshman dorms were where I met all of my new and closest friends as well as the place I learned to be a leader on campus. The following year I lived in the International House, which is a dorm for study abroad students as well as Americans to help with culture and English. In the Spring semester of that yeah I recieved a position as a Resident Advisor where I was given a free room and board on campus for my community services.

When people ask me what college I attend, I tell them proudly, "San Jose State!". I brag about the great location my school is located in, down town, because the culture is wide and there is a chance to really get the city feel and have access to so many places. Not only do I love the variety and the amount of resturaunts, I also brag about the closeness to the cool museums, such as the Tech Museum and the San Jose Art Museum! So I guess I can say I mostly brag about the location of my school.

So you want to meet people from all over the world but can't even afford a ticket to New York; Your dream seems like such a long way off - or so I thought. On my first day at SJSU, I was hit with culture shock because of the great diversity at the school. People from all over the world seemed to pass by me at every moment. It was like I had gone around the world in eighty seconds! I loved meeting people from other cultures and learning from them, and I didn't even have to leave California.

There are a couple things that i brag about the most about SJSU. One of them is the campus. The campus is very nice in structure and aesthetics. It is very beautiful to walk across campus, and it only takes around ten minutes to walk from one end of campus to the other. I also brag about my greek organization that I am in on campus. Finally, I brag about the location in downtown San Jose, which provides so much opportunity to grow as a person and individual.

SJSU is a well-known school in the Silicon Valley with alumni working in top firms around the area. Companies know our programs bring out great students and have their recruitment set on our school. Also, our Business, Engineering, and Art departments are well known in the country. For a state school, many students graduate with FT job offers and are highly regarded as potential candidates for competitive positions.

I brag about the quality of the teachers and how well they teach. As well as the campus and the how beautiful it is. The department advising also saves a lot of students from taking the wrong classes. Also guiding them to a path to graduate as soon as possible. The King Library is massive and has everything a student could ask for. Makes learning fun and easy.

I brag on the fact that I attend a state school and not a 2-year community college. A lof of my friends are attending community colleges, but I'm proud at the fact that I had the motivation to get into a university. I feel the classes are more challenging, therefore, it shows that I push myself to be my best.