San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

San Jose State University is a school that only should be attended by students or people who want a bright future. With so much to offer and so much assistance for young adults, it is a University for the self driven and ambitous. A person who is not interested in his community or interested in helping others should not attend this college. Another kind of person who should not attend is one who has no school spirit, does not want to be successful and has no personal goals. This college is for the spirited and the strong independent.

I don't think there is a type of person who shouldn't attend this school. Just based on ethnicity or religious beliefs; there's so much diversity that no matter what you'd feel comfortable. The school community is very supportive, and the classes are challenging, and there's lots of opportunity to get help for just about anything that would arise during the school year. The only person who *really* shouldn't go here is one who has absolutely no motivation. Without it, I'm sure they wouldn't do so well in classes. But that's it.

A person who should not attend this school would be a person who does not like big cities, who does not like a lively and exciting environment (even though we do have very laid back people), a person who does not like a large campus or who does not like a large student body or large classes. We are part of the Bay Area where it is extremely diverse and where you will meet people from all walks of life who more often than not have different views than mainstream society. Close minded people should not come here.

San Jose State is not a good choice for students that lack self motivation. In order to succeed at SJSU, a person needs to be very dedicated to doing the research they need, and being self motivated to make sure they meet with counclers and make sure that they keep up on planning out their classes very early. It can be very difficult to get the required classes you need, so you must keep on top of registration dates and when classes are offered in only the fall or winter semesters.

I wouldn't say that a certain category of persons should not attend San Jose State, whatever the case may be. It is a highly diverse campus located in the center of downtown San Jose. However, I would highly recommend living either on campus, or nearby. Commuting is occasionally a consistant option, but parking may be difficult during the middle of the day when most classes are in session. Walking distance is preferred and public transportation is free for students.

Someone that relies strongly on organization or somoene that relies on small class sizes. This school will teach you how not everything will go as planned and you must accomidate based on what is available. Some classes are only large lecture halls and the professors office hours may not work with your availabilty. Some classes are small but due to SJSU's student population many classes are on the larger side.

The kind of person who should not attend this school are those that don't take education seriously. Don't attend this school if you want to have a quick education and work in the field quickly. In that case you are better off being in a vocational school or community college. Don't attend this school if you are not patient; most classes are difficult to get in because it is such an impacted school.

I believe people that shouldn't attend this school are those that think that college is just a time for fun and games. I've seen students that are attending my school that would prefer to sleep rather than go to class. Those that have those instincts shouldn't attend my school because they're wasting there money coming to this university and are also wasting spots for classes.

Everyone who is accepted to San Jose State should attend. It is a welcoming school with a faculty that strives to help you succeed. No one should ever feel excluded here because we are all students with the same goal of garnering a college education. The location of San Jose State is urban and surburban enough for anyone who might be adverse to an urban community. It's great.

You shouldn't attend San Jose State if you can't push yourself. Classes are hard to add with the reduction of class sizes and the increase in students. If you are inflexible and strict about your plan to graduate, you will never graduate. Also, it's a commuter school so to have a social life, you'll need to go out of your way to attend school events or join organizations.