San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

The most frustrating thing about San Jose State University are the major budget cuts that effects students, staff and faculty. Many classes have been cut as well as the number of students allowed in each class. Also the implemented furlough days in which the staff and faculty must not be on campus a certain number of days each semester. This decreases the instruction time each semester which does not benefit the students who enjoy learning. Also the tuition rates have increased so we are paying more and recieving less from our school.

The most frustrating thing about my school to this point is the amount of "disconnection" I am feeling from the student body. I feel unchallenged in the classroom, and I do not mix well with the students I have met through my job, living in my dorm, and through other club activities. The people at SJSU just don't feel like they are my kind of crowd. I feel unchallenged by teachers in the classroom as I notice their lowered standards for other students. Coming from a private high school, this jump to a public system has been a shock.

The most frustrating thing about my school is dealing with the administration. I had an issue with my classes being dropped mid-semester, which was a complete glitch. I ended up having to go back and forth trying to get this situation figured out, making sure that I can simply get a grade for my classes. It was a huge hassle for me and the problem has still not entirely been fixed. It is ridiculous how often a person working at the student services center does not know what they are talking about or how to fix a problem.

I don't really feel like I've had any really bad or frustrating experiences, but if I were to chose something, I would have to say the overwhelming amount of work required during finals. The hours of study and preparation are demanding, and many additional assignments add to the workload. Most teachers seem to work this way, making sleep rare and stress intense during this time. This does not appear to be unique to San Jose State and also sometimes mirrors what happens at companies during special projects.

The fact that it is hard to reach the professors at times, one of my professors even messed up one of my grades and gave me a grade lower than what I should have received. It took me all summer to contact him so he can give me my proper grade. He even had the audacity to lose one of my papers that he made me return to him because he forgot to record the grade. The neighborhood is not very safe at night around my school, people are not very friendly either.

The most frustating thing about San Jose State University is the nursing major. The major is impacted that there is now a "pre-nursing" section and then the actual nursing program. I recently heard that the pre-nursing is so impacted as well that new applicants can not put pre-nursing as their major any longer. That is unforunate because it's killing the dreams of many who have wanted a career in nursing.

The most frustating thing about San Jose State University, is that know that we are facing a hard time due to the budget, there are not enough classes and students have to be searching for them. Also students are going to be taking more time to graduate because sometimes there are not enough classes and we have to take other ones that we really do no need.

One frustrating thing was the fact that teacher would put so much pressure in class and add class assignment week after week. Another thing would be that this school is so unorganized, student had to keep track of there personal information because sometimes students service would lose the information and financial aid lacks in processing information.

The most frustrating thing about my school is when there was a fire drill for parking garage and it took them five or more hours to clear it. More frustrating is that there was never any information on fire drills and how to prepare for them. I was stuck outside in my pajamas with no shower, having a class and an interview.

To tell the truth, the worst part about my school is finding a place to park. Since we are in such a busy area with so many people who drive to school, the parking garages fill up incredibly fast. San Jose State should build another parking lot or not sell as many parking passes so the parking garages could be moderated.