San Jose State University

« See more reviews of San Jose State University

Although my school does have a college football team, they are known for losing every game. This isn't very important but football games bring about a sense of spirit and it is tough to foster that feeling when the team is constantly being beat by other schools.

The school admits too many students and does not have places for all the admitted students within the class rooms. It is sort of a flea market system in the first week of class and after wards it is calmn and very acamemia like.

It is extremely difficult to get classes as San Jose State University in the 2009-2010 school year; I attempted to add 4 classes last semester (spring of 2009) and was only able to get into 1 of those classes.

I would have to say the most frustrating thing was the cost of living. The dorms were expensive but in order to afford off campus hosing you had to have at least three roommates to stay in an apartment.

The financial aid process takes longer than it should. I also think that there are a lot of faculty members working in each department, so not everyone gives the same information all the time.

Some professors are extremely unhelpful, and put ridiculous stresses on their students for classes required for graduation, but otherwise unrelated to the students chosen major.

I would say the parking I'm currently commuting to San Jose from Hollister which an hour drive and sometimes its hard finding a parking spot before class despite leaving early.

Availability of classes. A lot of classes are not available if you don't register early enough. They become filled up and don't admit any new students who want to add.

I think the most frustrating this about my school is trying to deal with the finanical aid office. They are are somewhat helpful, but it is hard to ask them questions.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the workload but at the same time it's a good thing to be challenged because it prepares you for the real world.