San Jose State University Top Questions

Monique

The most frustating thing about San Jose State University is the nursing major. The major is impacted that there is now a "pre-nursing" section and then the actual nursing program. I recently heard that the pre-nursing is so impacted as well that new applicants can not put pre-nursing as their major any longer. That is unforunate because it's killing the dreams of many who have wanted a career in nursing.

Mandy

To tell the truth, the worst part about my school is finding a place to park. Since we are in such a busy area with so many people who drive to school, the parking garages fill up incredibly fast. San Jose State should build another parking lot or not sell as many parking passes so the parking garages could be moderated.

Jordan

I would say the parking I'm currently commuting to San Jose from Hollister which an hour drive and sometimes its hard finding a parking spot before class despite leaving early.

Natalie

I think the most frustrating this about my school is trying to deal with the finanical aid office. They are are somewhat helpful, but it is hard to ask them questions.

Marcianna

The most frustrating thing about the school is that the parking is hard to get.

Alicia

I would have to say the most frustrating thing was the cost of living. The dorms were expensive but in order to afford off campus hosing you had to have at least three roommates to stay in an apartment.

Douglas

The most frustrating thing about SJSU is the classroom availibility. Many students have trouble getting the classes they need to graduate.

Jasmin

The financial aid process takes longer than it should. I also think that there are a lot of faculty members working in each department, so not everyone gives the same information all the time.

Komaljeet

Finding classes that go with your schedule. Registering/getting into classes because they get full very fast.

Ian

The most frustrating thing about San Jose State University are the major budget cuts that effects students, staff and faculty. Many classes have been cut as well as the number of students allowed in each class. Also the implemented furlough days in which the staff and faculty must not be on campus a certain number of days each semester. This decreases the instruction time each semester which does not benefit the students who enjoy learning. Also the tuition rates have increased so we are paying more and recieving less from our school.

kimberly

The most frustrating thing about my school is dealing with the administration. I had an issue with my classes being dropped mid-semester, which was a complete glitch. I ended up having to go back and forth trying to get this situation figured out, making sure that I can simply get a grade for my classes. It was a huge hassle for me and the problem has still not entirely been fixed. It is ridiculous how often a person working at the student services center does not know what they are talking about or how to fix a problem.

Although my school does have a college football team, they are known for losing every game. This isn't very important but football games bring about a sense of spirit and it is tough to foster that feeling when the team is constantly being beat by other schools.

Roberto

One frustrating thing was the fact that teacher would put so much pressure in class and add class assignment week after week. Another thing would be that this school is so unorganized, student had to keep track of there personal information because sometimes students service would lose the information and financial aid lacks in processing information.

Gabriela

Probablly that there's many graduation requirements and that it will be hard to graduate in four years.

Veronica

the budget cuts

Joseph

It is extremely difficult to get classes as San Jose State University in the 2009-2010 school year; I attempted to add 4 classes last semester (spring of 2009) and was only able to get into 1 of those classes.

David

The most frustrating thing about my school to this point is the amount of "disconnection" I am feeling from the student body. I feel unchallenged in the classroom, and I do not mix well with the students I have met through my job, living in my dorm, and through other club activities. The people at SJSU just don't feel like they are my kind of crowd. I feel unchallenged by teachers in the classroom as I notice their lowered standards for other students. Coming from a private high school, this jump to a public system has been a shock.

angus

The fact that it is hard to reach the professors at times, one of my professors even messed up one of my grades and gave me a grade lower than what I should have received. It took me all summer to contact him so he can give me my proper grade. He even had the audacity to lose one of my papers that he made me return to him because he forgot to record the grade. The neighborhood is not very safe at night around my school, people are not very friendly either.

Tamera

The most frustrating thing about my school is when there was a fire drill for parking garage and it took them five or more hours to clear it. More frustrating is that there was never any information on fire drills and how to prepare for them. I was stuck outside in my pajamas with no shower, having a class and an interview.

Carmel

The biology office is staffed by rude people and it takes them forever to get things done. Admissions is always losing things

Mayra

The most frustating thing about San Jose State University, is that know that we are facing a hard time due to the budget, there are not enough classes and students have to be searching for them. Also students are going to be taking more time to graduate because sometimes there are not enough classes and we have to take other ones that we really do no need.

Alejandra

The most frustrating thing about my school is the workload but at the same time it's a good thing to be challenged because it prepares you for the real world.

Tyler

Hafting to wake up and go to class.

Cathelyne

I think the most frustrating thing is the price to live on campus. It's too much money and it keeps going up every year.

Jordan

Parking is the most frustrating thing about my school

Carmel

No get up and go

Jansher

The school admits too many students and does not have places for all the admitted students within the class rooms. It is sort of a flea market system in the first week of class and after wards it is calmn and very acamemia like.

Gregory

Availability of classes. A lot of classes are not available if you don't register early enough. They become filled up and don't admit any new students who want to add.

Chris

Some professors are extremely unhelpful, and put ridiculous stresses on their students for classes required for graduation, but otherwise unrelated to the students chosen major.

parking

Charles

The parking situations

Candice

I don't really feel like I've had any really bad or frustrating experiences, but if I were to chose something, I would have to say the overwhelming amount of work required during finals. The hours of study and preparation are demanding, and many additional assignments add to the workload. Most teachers seem to work this way, making sleep rare and stress intense during this time. This does not appear to be unique to San Jose State and also sometimes mirrors what happens at companies during special projects.

Aleks

It is a long drive for me, but that was my own decision.

Katelyn

How long it takes to get through

Saleem

They hand out parking tickets like theyre going out of style