San Juan College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for San Juan College

Hailey

San Juan College is a very good college with lots of nice individuals, and lots of resources. Most professors are always open to help students and they keep regular office hours but will help outside of office hours if requested. Campus security is pretty good, there is still the occasional creep hanging out around campus but if you call public safety, it will be taken care of quickly.

Teonna

I havent been there yet

Adrianna

This isn't an ideal college for someone who just graduated High school, I wish I would have known this before hand. San Juan college is a college for people who decide to go back to school later on in life and it shows, the course material is watered down so people who aren't fresh out of high School can learn the material. I spent my first year in classes that taught things I learned my freshman year in high school. If you financially can't afford another school I would go here but other than thad I highly don't recommend this school.

Nathanael

Being a geology student at San Juan College, I have had a very good experience here. San Juan College offers many tutoring options and has many great teachers who truly care about their students. For its location and size, San Juan College is a very good school.

Micaylah

I enjoy being a member here. Everyone is very close and friendly. The classes are usually very personal and proper instruction is given. Cultural groups are present and during holidays are very expressive. It's an interesting little college but it is one that makes all feel welcome.

Rebecca

I am an online student, therefor I do not know how the campus facilities of anything on-campus is. All the teachers are friendly, and are very helpful and punctual in responses. The diversity of classes available is great. They recently changed their website and is still a bit confusing.

Roberta

San Juan College is a great atmosphere for students. The instructors are always available and do everything possible to allow their students to succeed. The resources on campus are never-ending. The professional staff is very helpful and polite. San Juan is a great place to start your educational journey!!

Haley

This college is good for those who are going to school with a goal in mind and are set on achieving it. It's a great community college and allows those who couldn't afford bigger schools to get an education. I am grateful for it in allowing me to work towards my degree.

Altie

San Juan College reflects the four corners area. Blue collar and kinda plain. Campus life is boring, cafeteria food is alright and pricey. Other sources of eateries are ten minutes away. Getting food is bit of a burden if you don't want to pay for the food at SJC. Professors are great and the small class sizes allow one on one teaching easily.

Nathaniel

I enjoy the overall feel of the school. It is a small campus but it is very well kept. I feel as classes are easier than in high school. Though Farmington is small, I believe that it makes for a better and more comprehensive collee experience shifting away from the distractons of big city living.

Nikki

The campus is in a convenient location in central Farmington with a beautiful view of the surrounding bluffs. San Juan College is within walking distance to several restaurants and retail stores, not that you ever have to leave campus because everything you need is there including a Starbuck's coffee shop and a gym that is free to all students. If this college had bachelor degree opportunities, I wouldn't leave to finish my degree elsewhere.

Amazing online program, instructors are always available to answer questions and help you in any way you can. They make you feel involved even when you're thousands of miles away. I'm glad I chose this school to further my Associates in Applied Science degree majoring in Veterinary Technology.

Natalie

I really enjoy San Juan College. The teachers are very committed and are always willing to help the students in any way possible. The class sizes are smaller and as a result, the students and their success are focused on by instructors. The music programs are really enjoyable to partake in, and they strive to provide a community setting where everyone is accepted. The college is constantly holding events to get the students involved and informed, and overall it is a wonderful place to receive an education.

Desarae

It is nice and small and a good place to learn especially with small classes and easy to get around. The professors there make sure you understand and have opened office hours to where if you need it you can go and ask. As well as they have a very nice campus and it is always picked up. San Juan College also makes sure that there is activities there and that people can stay out of trouble and stayed doing things with the school and kept in the loop with everything.

Abby

Overall it’s community college so we are a very small college. With a variety of things offered. There’s only a few degrees that you’re able to complete fully at San Juan. So I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who is going into law or the medical field. It’s a great place to become a nurse and dental hygienist.

Isiah

My overall opinion of San Juan College is that its functional. Every staff is happy to help and the college is flexible with payment plans, class schedule, and getting help. Everyone welcomes with a smile and are very polite. The campus is convenient from class being close, stores being fairly close and mostly everything is in walking distance. This is a great community college that will work with you and won't feel like another body there.

Lane

It's a very good school and lots of help and no charge to some stuff that you need help with like the one that I needed is having my paper proofread and the counselors or the professor helps me with the things I need help with in the past or the future.

Krystina

I believe that this is a really good school overall. There are a few things I would change like the fact that there are no sports teams and no on-campus housing but they are planning to start construction on housing in the next couple of years. There are a lot of academic classes offered as well as a good selection of fine arts classes. They are also very good about working with students who are undecided in their major. The liberal arts degree program is a way of trying different classes for different career paths while still completing all of the required basic classes that are needed for any degree.

Moriah

I’ve attended San Juan College for two years now and I love it. The campus is small but it has most, if not all, the amenities a larger University would have. The professors are great and are very helpful outside of the classroom. My favorite aspect of the college are the smaller class sizes. It’s a lot easier to learn when the teacher has more time to help the students.

I honestly love San Juan, I have been nothing but impressed with my professors and the availability and helpfulness of staff whenever they are needed. I chose San Juan to return to school because they have plenty of online opportunities which is important to me as a full time employee who leads a very active and busy lifestyle. I am so happy I chose to go back to school and that San Juan was available for me to achieve my goals.

Isabella

San Juan College has many opportunities and I'm glad to soon be joining. The staff personally is easy to work with and overall helpful; especially with registering for classes. My younger sibling attends the high school here and they have helped tremendously with his degree plan and overall education. As an outsider I believe San Juan is a great starter college.

Trevor

Overall I would say that San Juan College, is a great place to learn and excel in your early career for college.(As they only offer associate degrees). It has many events groups clubs, and social events to bring people together as a community. There is an excellent cafeteria, with plenty of food options, and for those who want free food there is often a "Student Rush" for free pizza. It has an excellent Safety department that not only keeps the campus safe, but also helps students in need. (Like me, when my cars battery died.) The Instructors at the college inspire their students to do the best they can and to go on to get a bachelor degree(or higher). The Instructors are easily contactable and are very organized in their use of technology to better the class room. Not only that but Instructors also do one-on-one time if a student feels the need to help the succeed. Overall San Juan College is a place where Success matters.