Mendota Heights, MN
Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights

Andrea

Through my college experience, I have been given the chance for growth- personal, emotional, intellectual, educational and physical growth. Education is the foundation upon which the rest of my life will be built. A strong foundation is required so that I may give a helping hand to human and animal-kind. We fight for these scholarships to pay for an education that cannot hold a monetary value. I know that my education will only be as successful as I am. I know that my foundation will only become a strong sturdy house if I put forth the effort and take the time to measure twice. My education is my foundation, but what I do with it, well, that is the whole house.

Angie

The kind of person that would be most successful at Brown College would be a student that is very wealthy and has a clear career goal. Because Brown College is a for-profit school, their goal it to get as many people in and out as fast, cheap, and effectively as possible. You need a lot of money to be able to pay for the tuition, and keep yourself up to date with the newest computer technology to stay in the market, for their labs and studios are quiet out of date and under supplied.

While attending Brown College, I learned how to stick up for what I believe and never to stop fighting for what I deserve. You have to fight for your education at Brown. As long as you can pay for your tuition, they will hand you an acceptance letter and your degree, practically at the same time. Unless you work hard to really learn and understand the material, that degree will be completely worthless in the real world. Luckily for me, I learned this before it was too late. Regardless, I am back in school working toward a degree that will get me places from a school that people respect. In the end, I'm $72,000 in the red, but I did learn something. You need to work for what you want in life, and the harder you work, the more you succeed. This, I will use for the rest of my life.

The majority of my classmates at Brown College were over weight, white males who thought that because of their dedication to playing video games that they could easily succeed in designing them.

Rachelle

Here at Brown College, I have learned a lot about confidence in myself. We do a lot of critiques of our work, and you learn to have a tough skin, to not take personally things said about you. I have learned to promote my work, and to strive for excellence in all my photos. I have learned a lot about photography with hands-on projects, and I now feel adequate to go into the work force and take pictures in any field of photography.

The best thing about the school is the teachers. They are still in their career fields and are very knowledgeable. They are fun to work with and pay attention to their students' needs.

Someone who's ready to deal with faculty never being around to help you. Someone really career-focused and ready to work hard. Someone independent, because the school doesn't help you out much.

Brown College is a place to be a kid and learn like an adult.

Brown College is a place to be a kid and learn like an adult.

I have gotten numerous friends, supporters, and people to network with on my rollercoaster ride through college; from them I have learned so much about life and how to carry on. My education in criminal justice is also another big piece of the pie that I have gotten out of college; I enjoy where it has gotten me and cannot wait to take things further. What I have gotten out of college is very self-fulfilling and only makes me want to strive for more.

Drew

Other than the Radio Broadcasting program (which the school was started for), I think that Brown college is best known for the personal, involved, in-depth experience it gives to each and every student. I feel like so many people see commercials on TV that say "finish college in just two years!" and think "wow, what a scam". But it's not. Time is money, and when you can go to a school where you know every executive decision maker and every professor after just a few weeks, it's clear that they are dedicated and focused on your education.

Slow down, Drew. Just take your time. At every stage in life, our world is obsessed with planning and living for the future. I know you want to break free from that, to go in a direction that says "I'm different, I'm unique, I can do whatever I want". It's true, you can. But right now, you can't live in the moment. You need resources. You need advice. You need to be patient. I know you think you're right, but you're wrong, and that's ok. Remember how you told grandpa that you wish you could just do what made you happy without always feeling pressure to succeed, stand out, and live up to the expectations of everyone around you? That's what you need right now. You need to find that, and you need to DO that. Be spontaneous, take a chance. But be responsible! That's the key. You've got the talent, the creativity, the insight, and that crazy ability to make people love you. Just combine that with informed, confident decisions! Listen, you're still young. Time is on your side. The road ahead has plenty of curves. Buckle up...

It's silly to think that there's a "type" of person out there that shouldn't attend Brown College. During my senior year of HS, I never would have looked at a two-year, vocational, or community college. But the truth is, as long as Brown has a program that's even remotely related to what you are passionate about...YOU SHOULD GO! I spent too much money and too much time on an expensive public college just for the "logo" and the "piece of paper". Do yourself a favor and give Brown a chance.

Kelly

I think someone who is serious about getting a great amount of education and ready for a future. The hands on learning style is awesome for those who learn by doing and are visual people themselves. The bachelor's degree is a 3 year program, challenging yourself to put in a lot of time and effort into school to better prepare yourself for your career fields.

I enjoy the small classroom feel, and getting to know other students as well as the teachers very well. By getting to know each other, you gain more ideas and perspective for projects from each other and learn constructive criticism, which is always helpful. The school's teaching style is very hands on which is a great learning style!

I think I would have told myself to broaden my horizans, and know that money is not everything. The reason I say this is right out of high school I went Minnesota State University Moorhead with the idea that they were all I could afford. After a year there, that I do not regret, I transferred to Brown College, hence broadening my horizans. I realized just because the school is a little more money shouldn't stop me, it could lead to a better education and then a better job in my career field. You never know what you could miss out on if you don't take the chances in the first place!

Sara

I would tell myself not to rush into choosing a college. Visit many colleges where you want to attend, making sure that the school has everything you?re looking for. I would tell myself not to let other people effect where I really want to go to school, and to trust my instinct and go where I feel I can achieve everything I'm working for. I would also say learn everything you can while still in high school and to stop procrastinating because that can and probably will hurt you in the future. I?d say, smile, this won?t kill you. And to remember the only stupid questions are the ones unasked.

Someone who isn't interested in a great career in the art field or gaming field.

That the classes are great, and it's nice not to have to take a lot of filler classes, you take those classes that you will use in your profession.

I would tell myself to look at all of my options, and apply everywhere! You can never have to many options! I would also tell myself that I know what I need to become and to find a school that is going to best help me reach my goals and have a bright future. Also I would tell myself to tour the school undercover and ask any and all students what they think before chosing a school. And last but not least I would tell myself to take a chance and challenge myself because I now know that I can do anything I put my mind to!

That the faculty is not willing to help it's students and if you ever have a problem they will give you the run around. Also the school is not worth the high tuition cost because it's a private school. It is a very disappointing school and I don't know anyone who is happy with it.

If they are going for a gaming degree or a broadcasting degree.

Sanford-Brown College-Mendota Heights administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.