Tampa, FL
Sanford-Brown College-Tampa

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sanford-Brown College-Tampa

Kydra

Great to get alone with mature and caring.

Great to get alone with mature and caring.

It allows you to be indenpended and make you decisions and create your own shedule.

I would tell myself to stay focus and to finish all my work on time. Also to do my best and make the best grades as possible. I would make sure that I hold myself accountable for my actions and all the decisions that i make. I would make sure that i would attend all of my classses promtly and make sure that i learn all that i can learn. You only get one shot out of life don't take life for granted. I would make sure to hold on to all of the knowledge that I've learned over the years so that i wont forget what i learned. I understand now that knowledge is power and it holds the key to my success. I know that i shouldn't take anything for granted and that i'm blessed to have a second change to redeem myself. I would also let myself know that its almost impossible to correct your mistakes so choose wisley and think before you make a decision that could impact your life because one decision could change you future.

Given the chance to travel through time and talk to myself in senior year, I would have advised to apply for as many scholarships as possible and really focus on my future. I was living in the "now" in high school and focused primarly on extra curricular activities (volunteer anti-tobacco program), not what I want to be. I would tell myself to further investigate colleges that provide television production classes not just stop at two. There is so many possibilities that I have missed because my focus was unclear and scared to go out into the "real" world. Granted life can be scary but not knowing where to go or start is even worse. So many times people take things for granted and miss opportunities, I would have used by senior year to visit colleges and sit in their classes to observe. Here I am almost 26 years old and I have still yet to complete college because I am not happy with where I am at in school. The program is not of my interest or talents but that wasn't really discovered till it was just about too late.

The worst thing about my school is that you can not work on projects at home. It is great that they keep their technology updated but it is very costly to try and keep up the programs from home. Working full-time and attending school an hour away does not benifit when the school does not provide the programs to be used from home as well. If that was provided students would be more productive and provide a higher quality of an ending result than what is rushed into the final product.

Eyonni

I would of told myself to get involved and join clubs and play a sport because you only have one time that you will be here so make the best of it. I would also advise myself to serch for scholarships while I was still in school. Because then I would of had the capitail now to attend then drawning in debit. I would of also told myself that whatever I choose in life then will affect me now, and i might be in a better position now because I would of listen to myself. I would of been more sucessfull then because I would of I would been informed.

Rebecca

The unique reason that I chose IADT is because I take all my classes online. I don't have to go to a physical classroom but I can still communicate with the professors and students from my school. My campus is in Forida and I live in Utah. There are online clubs, groups, chats, group projects and more to allow students to interact and get to know each other even though they are far apart. IADT also has great finicial aid, entrance and academic advisors. It was the personal help they gave me that convinced me to attend IADT online.

Explore the possibilities. Universities provide elective credits to give students options to explore. Try things you've never done and you may discover talents and interest you didn't know you had. When I first started college, I had never considered studying graphic design. I did not think of myself as an artist, but new experiences have shown me that there is more than one type of artist. I am now studying something I truly love and have a plan for using my degree. There will be classes and people that will challenge your principles and ideals. Be willing to look at all sides and accept others' differences, but don't give up your values. Listen to advise but remember that only you can decide what is right for you. Take advantage of opportunities your university provides. I had the life changing experience of being able to travel to Urumqi, China and teach English as a service for a semester. This trip opened my eyes and provided me with experience and knowledge I could not have gained in the classroom alone. Make your college years an adventure you will always remember.

Those who attend IADT online have to be self motivated. Someone who procrastinates or just floats by would have a hard time here because classes are fast paced and three assignments due the same week will usually cover different material. Most classes have group projects so someone who is not willing to pull their own weight would drag others down. This school is also more expensive for me than attending an in state school on campus so someone who has the flexibility of schedule to allow them to attend classes may not want to go the online route.

Pamela

I would tell myself to be more responsible with my money. Good credit is everything. I would also tell myself to actually pay more attention to the stuff I was learning in high school. The first reason being so I could get better grades and therefore be able to get accepted into any college that I applied. Another reason would be because all of the things that are being taught in high school will reappear in college, so it is good to already have knowledge of some things.

Randy

A place where you can make your dreams come true.

A place where you can make your dreams come true.

The teachers here are fresh out of or still working in the same field the students are pursuing. They provide first hand knowledge and experience which can help them answer any and all questions, which is a fantastic benefit to the students.

I spent my childhood growing up with a father in the military and a mother who was very sick and in and out of the hospital. My parents did their best to raise me, but I never had any real direction. I floated through school just waiting for it to be over and living in the moment. I had no clue what I wanted to do or be. If I could go back in time and speak with myself as a highschool senior, I would sit down with myself with a pen and a piece of paper and make myself write out what his future will look like. I would ask him to think about the things he is passionate about, and for each item I would sit with him and discuss a plan to enter into a career field in which he will enjoy. I would then discuss with him credit and how exactly it works. I would tell myself how to manage my credit and explain to him how vital his credit will be as an adult. I know that Randy learns things the hard way, I will just hope that he takes his own word for it.

Classmates are respectful and intelligent

Classmates are respectful and intelligent

Had I the ability to talk with my high school senior self, with the knowledge of college life I now have, I would impress upon myself the dire importance of applying for supplemental funding for college. As a full time unemployed freshman, I don't have the financial recources for housing. The aquisition of funding for room and board is a paramount aspect of college life that I wish I could have prepared for sooner.

It is the only one my family found that specificly has a Recording Arts major, and is near our home (in Lakeland). The other schools had sound design, but grouped with another major (such as film). I aspire to do sound design for movies, shows, or video games in the future so this school is perfect for that.

I don't recall being worried about making the transition, but I knew there would be major differences. My family and I looked for local colleges because I planned to commute to campus. None of my friends from my high school were attending the school I finally chose, so that made living on campus even less inviting. My current schedule allows me to take online courses for my general education and drive to Tampa once a week for my major studies. Although I don't live on campus, nor have frequent classes, college life still had its overwhelming impact on me. I find that I must constantly remind myself to search for scholarships to help pay for everything, the price for textbooks and sound equipment helps though. I am also still getting used to registering for classes, something I wish I still had a councler to do for it's very confusing at times. Regardless of these changes, I still manage to obtain a high GPA which I have kept through out high school. If I could go back and talk to myself in high school I'd advise myself to do more scholarhips, and register for classes early.

I had already obtained enough information prior to making my decision going here. My parents and I visted many other campuses, getting a visual of the buildings and meeting the faulity. When we realized IADT Tampa had the major I was looking for (Recording Arts) we made sure to visit the campus immediately and were pleased.

April

You do not give up on school. Things will get tough sometiems but just stick in there they will get better. Your life will be better once you graduate. Graduation day will be the best day of your life. If you need help do not hesitate to ask. There is always people around that you can get help from. You do not need to be shy. You need to be more outgoing and get involved in the groups and extracurricular activities.

That it was out there. I was not aware of this school before I started a different school and had to switch because it has my degree program.

The easiness of attending classes and how much fun they are. They are also internationally accrediated.

Sanford-Brown College-Tampa administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.