Santa Barbara, CA
Santa Barbara City College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Barbara City College

Chloe

I am so grateful I found Santa Barbara City College! The class sizes are small enough so that I can receive a huge and helpful amount of time with the professor, yet large enough to meet other students. The social scene on campus is motivating in the sense that I know that, no matter what, I will see at least a few friends throughout my day at school. The academics are so engaging, and taught by capable, passionate, and knowledgable professors. I have recommended Santa Barbara City College to many of my friends that are both college bound, and seeking to transfer schools.

Since this is the third college i've attended to, I think it is the best by far. On my first day of school as I'm walking to my classes, I get a nice view of the ocean which boosts my mood. All my professors want nothing more then to help my classes and I understand their concepts, and leave plenty of room on the side for extra assistance. This is the only college where the professors seem content with their jobs and are happy to teach and share their knowledge. This motivates me to actually want to do my assignments not for the grade, but so I can gain the knowledge thorughly as well. This is the first college where I actually enjoy going to lectures. As for the student culture, more of my classmates are involved with group discussions as opposed to the previous colleges I've attended. I am excited to continue on my education at this college and finish all of my lab classes here because I know I'm getting a quality education here.

Kristina

It's the best place to recieve an AA degree. It's proximity to the beach and mountains is amazing, the beach is literally a block away from campus. It's affordable, with just over $1,000 in tuition per semester, and they have great teachers and counselors to assist you. Their BMS building is spot on, even UCSB students come to SBCC to take anatomy, because of how in depth our anatomy program is. Overall, an amazing campus :)

Felix

Santa Barbara City College is a wonderful school filled with great people and exciting activities, so many people care and there is help wherever you need it. It is a blessing to have such an experience. The campus itself is located near a beach, thus adding to the already surreal atmosphere. I recommend every student take part in as many activities as they can, it's almost certain that there's a life changing experience waiting for you just around the corner. I can honestly say that there's no other community college I'd rather be than here at SBCC!

Asia

Although I've only been here for a year I really enjoy SBCC. Its the top City College in the nation. They have an amazing amount of resources and services for any kind of student. The majority of the teachers are very nice and super helpful. Many are willing to go above and beyond to spend their time helping you and get to know you on a personal level. There are a plethora of people, arranging in age and race. Its very diverse. Also Santa Barbara is absolutely gorgeous. Our campus is off a cliff that faces the ocean and always provides clear skies all around! The classes are very good. If you want an easy A you can find one but you can also have a very challenging class. Its up to you and how you want to utilize your education. The people are overall very friendly and outgoing. Financially, its very reasonable and almost little to none if you are resident. I honestly don't regret making this decision and I strongly recommend it!

Rex

The campus is stretched across two large hills giving you an astonishing view to enjoy between classes or while studying. The classes are small, the information massive with a large course selection, strong course curriculum and a beautiful campuses. The campuses like the cafeteria is always clean and fast to serve at a ocean view with ships in the distance. There is always a seat open in Santa Barbara City College's Luria Library where you can reserve a privet glass room for 2 or more to study. The library is only as loud as the amazing coffee bar they run upstairs along with noisy id operated printers. The the student id also allows you to travail the buses all over the county for free, however you don't need to commute to find affordable housing its all the same base price .

I think it is a great start for me to start off at SBCC, so that I can get a feel on California. Then move up to UCSB.

Felicia

Santa Barbara City College has a very diverse group of students. I have met those who work very hard to transfer in two years and I've also met those who seem to only care about partying in the nearby UCSB college town, Isla Vista. It is difficult to stay motivated with such a heavy party scene as well as being surrounded by those who only seem to care about partying. I plan on transferring to an area where there is a stronger desire to succeed in school.

Dear Felicia, Don't be discouraged if that professor seems to not care about you. Don't give up when you feel like no ones on your side. Those nights staying up late studying the difference in DNA between Prokaryotic cells and Eukaryotic cells WILL pay off. Getting in arguments with your roommates, although stressful, is normal and will blow over. Call your mom and dad often and tell them you love them because they will always be there for you when you don't do so great on an exam or have a bad day. Get out and be active, take your vitamins, take baths and most importantly invest in time to truly relax and watch your favorite TV show. If you don't take time for yourself, you will get eaten alive by stress resulting from college. Last but not least, make memories. Make the memories that you will remember for a lifetime and tell your children. College will be one of the best times of your life, trust me. Sincerely, Felicia Jordan Tetz

The most frustrating thing about Santa Barbara City College is definitely the fact that the library closes at 11pm. I worked full time and went to school full time during my first sememster and this made finding time to study especially difficult. Often times I would go to school from 9am - 5pm and go to work right after that and would sometimes be there as late as 11pm. Even nights that I got off at 9pm, it was pointless for me to make the drive to be there for an hour. The library should be open until 1 or 2.

Kelly

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would give myself so much advise. I would tell myself to learn how to be more financially responsible since I would be on my own in college, not living with my parents anymore. I would advise myself to research more about the schools I applied for. SBCC was my last choice because I wanted to go straight into a 4- year university. I wanted to skip going to a community college because I felt that I was working very hard and taking extra AP courses in high school. If I had researched more about SBCC I would have realized that it is an outstanding college and the #1 community college in the nation. I focused more on wanting to go straight into a 4-year university, but I did not realize how less expensive it would be to attend here first. Without knowing at the time I ended up making the best decision. I should have never let my AVID teacher make me feel less if I attended SBCC. He always told us we should go for more than just a community collge.

The worst thing about Santa Barbara City College is that the parking is limited and many of us have been late to class due to not being able to find parking. Now I know what you must be thinking..."Well leave your house earlier"...right? Well I do and it is still an issue. The parking lot is small, not enough for everyone. Even if we carpool the parking for that is limited as well. I would add more parking spaces and somehow make them closer to the campus so students would not be late to class because of this.

Melissa

My school is accepting; its affordible tuition allows students from all socio-economic backgrounds to get a quality, post-secondary education, whiles its variety of clubs, classes, and sports attract students with all different interests, hobbies, and talents.

Don't be so quick to say "no" to an exploration. Straying from your comfort zone means joining clubs outside of your interests, everything from slack-lining to coffeehouse conversing in Italian. It means going on field trips for different classes and using office hours to meet teachers other than your own. You're a freshman, and although you think you know what your want, like, and are passionate about, you don't. Doing things you love, finding new hobbies and interests, are just as important as getting an education; the two go hand in hand. Take internships and jobs as they come, don't wait around for the perfect one for your career path. You can always move on while taking the best out of the opportunity you've been given at the moment. Sometimes, throwing caution to the wind can give you more ground to run. Most importantly, remember if you strive to get an education, the degree will follow, and if you build yourself, tone your strengths, ignite your passions, and follow your dreams, the resume will follow, too.

Never say "no" to an exploration. Clubs and field trips are great ways to explore your interests, especially ones outside of your comfort zone. Use your free time to experiment, from clubs for slack-lining to coffeehouse conversing in Italian. Use office hours to revisit old teachers or to meet new ones. Take experiences as they come, don't wait for the perfect ones for your resume. You can always move on while taking the best out of an opportunity you've been given at the moment. Sometimes, throwing caution to the wind can give you more ground to run.

Santa Barbara City College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.