Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Tatiana

Santa Fe has small classes, friendly staff and faculty, and challenging classes since they want to prepare you for university level education.

Well for a person really wanting to transfer to UF this is the place to be. Also Santa Fe is in the top ten community colleges in the nation.

First of all never base your decision solely on financial issues. Second it is way cheaper to buy textbooks online and if you want to earn more money it is also better to sell online or even better through websites like uloop where the website doesn't take commission. Living off campus is actually less stressful thamn living in campus, if you receive financial aid make sure you save enough to last you for at least one month for the following semester because the financial aid office may not disperse the money until three weeks into the semester. The last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy it.

Malcom

Over the past four years of my life I have grown a lot. I have learned lessons that my parents have attempted to teach me, but could only be learned through experience. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and speak with my former-self, I would emphasize many, if not all, of these life lessons. The first lesson I would preach to myself about is the importance of my education. I have an extremely high regard for my education now that real-life experiences have shown me where not being educated could leave me. I would also point out that college is of a completely different realm than high school. Only the best students, not necessarily the smartest, make it to, and succeed in, the college environment. Therefore, discipline and hard work are instrumental in successfully achieving a sound college education. Hopefully these lessons would make an impact and show my younger self what I should really be working on at that point in time.

Sasha

Santa Fe is best known for the class sizes. Most people choose Santa Fe as opposed to to U. F to do their first two years because , the maximum class size is about thirty people. A student is able to ask questions in class and get feed back on the spot, as opposed just being able to e-mail the professor. I feel that Santa Fe professors really make an effort to know all their students by name and make sure that no student gets left behind. This is why class size makes a difference.

Santa Fe embraces diversity and it is shown through out campus. The staff is evely dispersed as far as ethnicity, which makes students of different cultures feel comfortable no matter what office they may enter. Specifically, the Office of Diversity is very helpful with catering to students. In my first semester of college, I was not finacially able to pay over $100 for a calculator, the office let me borrow one for the semester at no cost. Another unique thing about Santa Fe is that some of the professors also teach at the University of Florida.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take school more seriously. In high school I was aware that my future awaited, but I didn't realize how soon it would take effect. I would also tell myself that the grades that I make in high school WILL definitely affect me in college whether high or low. Most importantly ,I would tell myself not to worry about trying to be the most popular girl or the homecoming queen, because it doesn't matter in college.

K.

My school was a community college but is now a four year university but it still has the small classes and the small school feel.

I need you to understand the true importance of a good education. Your grades, your conduct, where you choose to volunteer, even the clubs you participate in will effect you. What you learn or don't learn in school will determine your entire life course and future. The decisions you make now will determine whether you are the one who runs the coorporation or the one who cleans it. Listen to your Mom and Dad because they love you and want what's best for you.

I wish I had known it would be this easy to get back into school. I wish I had known to apply for financial aid alot sooner.

Jamie

I would tell myself to be more open to diversity. I grew up in a small town that was not really diverse. When I went to college it was so wierd to see all these different people that I wasn't used to seeing everyday. I know see the greatness of being diverse and open to all other traditions, cultures, & beliefs.

That the online courses are not that helpful. The teachers really don't engage you to actually learn online they just make you read answer questions, but do not force you to do assignments that help you mingle with other students via the internet.

A person who wants a huge classroom setting. Class sizes are small and I think personally that helps me learn better, but if you want a corporate multiple person feel you shouldn't attend this college.

Katie

If I were to go back to my high school senior year I would give myself advice on everything from money, to considering many different colleges campuses. Like most college students, money is one of the most stressful things for me, and I have experienced this full force my freshman year. I would advised myself to apply for more scholarships and seek out other funding options. I would give this advice because now I am in college and have to work fulltime at a local daycare in Gainesville. Luckily Santa Fe offers many classes after 5pm, allowing me to work while also going to school fulltime. So if I had had the knowledge I have now, it would have made the transition and my time here much more enjoyable. I also would have told myself in high school to look at a variety of schools. Because now from traveling and meeting new people I have set a goal to go to Florida State University this upcoming fall. This Scholarship would allow me to go to my dream school and not have to work fulltime in order to pay for the high cost of tuition, books and simply just living.

Currently I go to Santa Fe College in Gainesville. The best thing about Santa Fe I have experience would be the variety of class which give each student the opportunity to discover what they want to do. The administration encouraged me to take a variety of classes, and therefore discover what each student i really passionate about.

Honestly, I wished I had thought and took more time to think about what I really wanted from my college experience. Making late decisions and not planning as I should have, I now struggle as a freshman. Saving money has been one of the hardest things, as it usually is for most college students. Especially since I have set my sights on going to Florida State College, enough money has become even harder to come by. So I wish I had thought to save more money and make long term plans for the next four years.

Precious

Clean, very resourceful, outstanding faculty and all around good school.

Clean, very resourceful, outstanding faculty and all around good school.

Take school more seriously because you never know what the future has plannned for you. Dont precrastinate ever it only puts a strain on your life now and later, and know the difference between a friend and a user. Once you graduate from high school go straight to college because by the time your twenty three you will be done with your degree as a nurse and nurse pratitioner. Remember later is never guaranteed but its always good to be prepared for the unexpected. Be thankful for all your trials and trebulations..

Not enough options when it comes to food.

Sheryl

A school that stands as a stepping stone for those that want to go to an University; with it being small, helpful, offering lots of different classes on campus and online.

Don't wait until you're older, go to college, even an community college right out of high school. If you keep putting off going to college because of obsticles, the obsticles will only get harder and multiply making going back even more of challenge. Take college seriously, there will be plenty of time to play when you are out of college and making a life for yourself. Think hard and long about where you want to be in 20yrs from now, and what you really enjoy doing, pursue this opportunity with all your heart. A higher learning is a privilage, you have been blessed with the opportunity to receive one, take advantage of this gift and use it, relish in it, enjoy it while you can. It will change your life for the better.

The fact that it offers most classes online for the convience of the student to take classes and work or deal with other situations in his/her life.

Omiladun

Stay focused and control yourself, you are on the wrong path. Take a step back and look at what you have to offer and grasp the resources around you. When you get down and unclear of the next step ask for advice. Speak to those whom have accomplished something in their life and request guidance from them. Skipping school and following your friends is not the choice you should be making. Life is precious and you are taking it for granted. Ask yourself, are your actions contributing to the lifestyle you want? If not reevaluate yourself and begin doing the things that will be an additive to your progress in all. Look at those who you deal with, is that how you want to become? Changing now will be a lot easier than waiting until college to change. In college there are people who want to acheive something in life, do you? I know I fell in the trap of friendship over smarts. Due to my own choices I learned the hard way. My second year in college and I am just realizing what I have and what it is worth to me. Do not end up like me, unclear!

When I speak about my school, I let everyone know that it is a low-stress environment. The professor's at the school are well-educated and willing to do one on one work for the student's success at Santa Fe College. My school is very cool, the students, the teachers, the aids, and almost everyone contributes to the success of the school. My school is focused and dedicated to the advancement of their students regardless of where you originate from.

Santa Fe College is currently making the change from being a community college to a 4 year institution. In this time it is difficult to understand how the school is changing and what we can expect as students in this transition. Otherwise, SFC is moving gradually in the change so that it can be less distracting and more of an pleasant experience for the students and faculty.

TristanRay

I did not plan well enough and made some decisions that I would change in an instant if I could. I would tell myself to use my time more wisely. I would tell myself to take some dual enrollment and less AP classes. Although my AP classes were a good experience I should have made a more practical decision. Unfortunately, I did not pass all of my AP exams, though I got A's and B's in the class, and I have had to re-take those classes in college when I could have made things easier on myself by dual enrollment. I needed to focus more on my not-so-distant future. I wish I could give my past self a guide to the next few years of her life. I would tell her to make better academic choices as a senior that will benefit her career choices in the future. I would tell her to apply to more colleges and definitely apply for more scholarships because she does not realize it yet but she will need them. I have given this same advise to my younger brother in hope that he will benefit from my experiences.

I wish I would have known for sure what I was going to major in because I took a few classes that I did not necessarily need. I just wish that I could have used that time that I spent in an unneeded class for a class that would have benefitted me more. That is my biggest regret so far, that I spent a whole semester in classes that would not benefit me in the future only hinder my progress. I should be done with all my prerequisite classes by now but instead I am not.

I think that anyone has an equal opportunity to learn so there is not a kind of person who shouldn't be given the chance. I believe that in order to succeed one must be motivated and organized. In order to aquire knowledge one must be willing to learn. Everyone should be given a chance but it is up to the person to use that chance wisely.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.