Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Jamie

I would tell myself to be more open to diversity. I grew up in a small town that was not really diverse. When I went to college it was so wierd to see all these different people that I wasn't used to seeing everyday. I know see the greatness of being diverse and open to all other traditions, cultures, & beliefs.

That the online courses are not that helpful. The teachers really don't engage you to actually learn online they just make you read answer questions, but do not force you to do assignments that help you mingle with other students via the internet.

A person who wants a huge classroom setting. Class sizes are small and I think personally that helps me learn better, but if you want a corporate multiple person feel you shouldn't attend this college.

Katie

If I were to go back to my high school senior year I would give myself advice on everything from money, to considering many different colleges campuses. Like most college students, money is one of the most stressful things for me, and I have experienced this full force my freshman year. I would advised myself to apply for more scholarships and seek out other funding options. I would give this advice because now I am in college and have to work fulltime at a local daycare in Gainesville. Luckily Santa Fe offers many classes after 5pm, allowing me to work while also going to school fulltime. So if I had had the knowledge I have now, it would have made the transition and my time here much more enjoyable. I also would have told myself in high school to look at a variety of schools. Because now from traveling and meeting new people I have set a goal to go to Florida State University this upcoming fall. This Scholarship would allow me to go to my dream school and not have to work fulltime in order to pay for the high cost of tuition, books and simply just living.

Currently I go to Santa Fe College in Gainesville. The best thing about Santa Fe I have experience would be the variety of class which give each student the opportunity to discover what they want to do. The administration encouraged me to take a variety of classes, and therefore discover what each student i really passionate about.

Honestly, I wished I had thought and took more time to think about what I really wanted from my college experience. Making late decisions and not planning as I should have, I now struggle as a freshman. Saving money has been one of the hardest things, as it usually is for most college students. Especially since I have set my sights on going to Florida State College, enough money has become even harder to come by. So I wish I had thought to save more money and make long term plans for the next four years.

Precious

Clean, very resourceful, outstanding faculty and all around good school.

Clean, very resourceful, outstanding faculty and all around good school.

Take school more seriously because you never know what the future has plannned for you. Dont precrastinate ever it only puts a strain on your life now and later, and know the difference between a friend and a user. Once you graduate from high school go straight to college because by the time your twenty three you will be done with your degree as a nurse and nurse pratitioner. Remember later is never guaranteed but its always good to be prepared for the unexpected. Be thankful for all your trials and trebulations..

Not enough options when it comes to food.

Sheryl

A school that stands as a stepping stone for those that want to go to an University; with it being small, helpful, offering lots of different classes on campus and online.

Don't wait until you're older, go to college, even an community college right out of high school. If you keep putting off going to college because of obsticles, the obsticles will only get harder and multiply making going back even more of challenge. Take college seriously, there will be plenty of time to play when you are out of college and making a life for yourself. Think hard and long about where you want to be in 20yrs from now, and what you really enjoy doing, pursue this opportunity with all your heart. A higher learning is a privilage, you have been blessed with the opportunity to receive one, take advantage of this gift and use it, relish in it, enjoy it while you can. It will change your life for the better.

The fact that it offers most classes online for the convience of the student to take classes and work or deal with other situations in his/her life.

Omiladun

Stay focused and control yourself, you are on the wrong path. Take a step back and look at what you have to offer and grasp the resources around you. When you get down and unclear of the next step ask for advice. Speak to those whom have accomplished something in their life and request guidance from them. Skipping school and following your friends is not the choice you should be making. Life is precious and you are taking it for granted. Ask yourself, are your actions contributing to the lifestyle you want? If not reevaluate yourself and begin doing the things that will be an additive to your progress in all. Look at those who you deal with, is that how you want to become? Changing now will be a lot easier than waiting until college to change. In college there are people who want to acheive something in life, do you? I know I fell in the trap of friendship over smarts. Due to my own choices I learned the hard way. My second year in college and I am just realizing what I have and what it is worth to me. Do not end up like me, unclear!

When I speak about my school, I let everyone know that it is a low-stress environment. The professor's at the school are well-educated and willing to do one on one work for the student's success at Santa Fe College. My school is very cool, the students, the teachers, the aids, and almost everyone contributes to the success of the school. My school is focused and dedicated to the advancement of their students regardless of where you originate from.

Santa Fe College is currently making the change from being a community college to a 4 year institution. In this time it is difficult to understand how the school is changing and what we can expect as students in this transition. Otherwise, SFC is moving gradually in the change so that it can be less distracting and more of an pleasant experience for the students and faculty.

TristanRay

I did not plan well enough and made some decisions that I would change in an instant if I could. I would tell myself to use my time more wisely. I would tell myself to take some dual enrollment and less AP classes. Although my AP classes were a good experience I should have made a more practical decision. Unfortunately, I did not pass all of my AP exams, though I got A's and B's in the class, and I have had to re-take those classes in college when I could have made things easier on myself by dual enrollment. I needed to focus more on my not-so-distant future. I wish I could give my past self a guide to the next few years of her life. I would tell her to make better academic choices as a senior that will benefit her career choices in the future. I would tell her to apply to more colleges and definitely apply for more scholarships because she does not realize it yet but she will need them. I have given this same advise to my younger brother in hope that he will benefit from my experiences.

I wish I would have known for sure what I was going to major in because I took a few classes that I did not necessarily need. I just wish that I could have used that time that I spent in an unneeded class for a class that would have benefitted me more. That is my biggest regret so far, that I spent a whole semester in classes that would not benefit me in the future only hinder my progress. I should be done with all my prerequisite classes by now but instead I am not.

I think that anyone has an equal opportunity to learn so there is not a kind of person who shouldn't be given the chance. I believe that in order to succeed one must be motivated and organized. In order to aquire knowledge one must be willing to learn. Everyone should be given a chance but it is up to the person to use that chance wisely.

Tracey

Santa Fe College is best known for its Health care degrees and certificate programs. They offer everything from entry level healthcare such as Certified Nursing Assistant and Dental Assistant to Associate of Science Degrees in Registered Nursing, Cardiovascular Technology and more. Additionally those programs are very active in volunteering in our community, in order that one?s education may in some ways benefit others.

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take more time to study and seriously focus on my future. The senior year of high school is not the end for college students; it is actually a transition and preview of what the ?real world? is like. Most seniors spend their life partying and skipping class, this can be detrimental to your collegiate future. The amount of freedom that you get in that year is about one quarter of the amount you get in college. If you spend that small amount of time in recreation, how do you think you will manage your time when you have the ability to choose when, where, and how you go to class. The decisions you make now, while they may seem small, will affect your entire future. Endeavor to not look back 5 years later still in your undergraduate studies thinking ?If only I had taken my freshman year seriously...?. Take the time to seriously meditate on your goal for your transition from high school and which direction you want that road to lead you down in your future.

Their Nursing program is ranked as one of the very best in our entire region. The key reason is that they begin clinical hands on experience in the first semester of the program. Additionally they require a certified practice board exam that the student must pass to complete the program. Because of those things, Santa Fe has a 99% Florida Board of Nursing pass rate.

Erica

My school is known for the zoology class as well as being a mechanic or anything to do with the arts. We have a big zoo like space that students study and help run to be better involve with treating animals as well as making sure they are comfortable around certian things.

The type of advice I would give myself is to manage my time to study, go to class, go to work and be more outgoing to know more people. Also to have a really good relationship with your teacher because certian things would be alot easier if you work your butt off. Let's say if you have trouble in your class and you know that you are struggling to get a good grade and your teacher sees this, she/he would help make it go more smooth by giving you extra credit or extend the date for you. As for making new friends you would have to speak to your classmates whether you need help or if you know they need help or just get into group activities or join any sports. It is really important to manage your time wisely. Give yourself sometime to study and not do anything else because in the long run it'll definitely work out in your interest. Don't overload on yourself by getting more hours at work because you'll definitely be behind on school work and your college experience would be a nightmare and more stressful.

Before going to college i wish i wouldve known how to manage my time more wisely. I wish i would've known what my major is and learn how to make friends. Be more outgoing and less shy. If i knew how to all these things my semester would probably be alot smoother and I wouldn't be sitting by myself or isolated myself from everyone i don't know.

Angel

Compared to other schools I've considered, my school has an unique method of obtaining a degree. For instance, at my school I have the option to take any class I wish to take just as long as it's in my degree field.

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition I would advise myself to set firm goals, stay focus and remain consistent even through contrary circumstances. First I would advise myself to set goals because I've learned that in life a course taken without a plan or a goal leads to nowhere. Then I would advise myself to make those goals 'firm' because I've also learned that circumstances may change but a firm and set goal stays the same. I truly believe that success begins with a single dream and is achieved by someone who meet their goals! Remainig focus in school is vital so I would definitely advise myself to stay focus. If I were to drive and not be focused on the road, disaster and regret will be the outcome of that foolish act. In that same way, not being focused or paying attention to where I'm trying to go in school, will also end in disaster and regret. Lastly, I would advise myself to be consistent even when times get hard. Life has its ups and downs, twists and turns but if I keep on going I will make it!

When I tell my friends about my school I brag mostly about the location and affordable tuition. I am originally from Jacksonville, FL so now that I live Gainesville, FL I love to tell my friends all about the different scenery, atmosphere and advantages of attending my school. Then I began to brag about the affordable tuition at my school. Like how reasonable the tuition and fees sum up to, and how my school offer all sorts of scholarships and grant opprotunties to make college life affordable.

Fanny

Knowing what I know about college life now i would have taken college classes in high school, transfer to a university right after high school, and read more about the scholaship offers the schools provide for you. first of all, taking college classes in high school will reduce the years of your college degree and will prepare you more for the college classes you have to take, plus it will help you avoid those intro classes in college. second of all, transfering from a high school to a university instead of a college makes life easier for students because you need less prerequisites to get accepted to the university. finally, reading more about what type of scholaships the school is offering for you is a very good way to start because most high school will not inform students about the scholarships they have and college or university will be very difficult ifyou come from a low income family like me and have to work full time to pay for your school classes because you dont want to be working like your parents and get a low income, you want to be a professional and earn a degree.

The worst thing about my school is that in oder for a student to take a class , they have to go over other classes such as intro class that does not even count toward your degree in order for the student to move on to the actual class they need. In my opinion i think that ust makes the student stay behind and it is a waste of time also.

I brag about being behaind just because i have not completed the two classes that i need to que transfer to a university because there is two other classes i have to finish first in order to move on to the classes i really need to transfer.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.