Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Brittney

The classes are small and convenient. There is normally a 30 student max so I never feel overwhelmed or embarrassed to ask a question.

I would give my self a lot of advice. In high school I never pushed my self and was satisfied with a C average. My mom always pushed me to do better and told me how expensive college would be without any scholarships. At the time college was the least of my worries. I now have to work full time to pay for my classes on my own. I try to pick up at least three classes a semester in order to graduate in a decent amount of time. It's extremely hard and now I wish I would have pushed myself that extra foot to get the bright futures scholarship. I've made great grades in college and could have easily done the same in high school. I would tell myself that by getting that scholarship I'd be able to work part time and spend more time studying then being stressed because I have to pay for every semester on my own.

Some of the teachers are very unorganized and either lose your papers or forget what they assigned for homework which can then lead to a failing grade. But in all honesty, I really enjoy Santa Fe College.

Catalina

Move out of the house as soon as you graduate, and although it may be hard, brainstorm what you would like to major in. With that desision in mind apply to the univerisity that you choose and that suits you. Dont settle for a college and expose to the world your full potential. Also, if possible, try not to be in a relationship when you start univeristy. It limits you a bit and you wouldnt get the full experience.

I wish I would have declared my major earlier. I took a bunch of electives because I didnt know what I wanted to do and now I'm a bit behind where I would like to be.

There's really nothing I dislike about my school.

Darren

What I would speak into my senoir life is personal responsibilty. As a child and teenager you are carefree, but once you leave the nest and go to college this is a whole new experience. I've faced different things in life but nothing compares to the freshman college life. In my life I have already experienced obstacles that have made me take a stand not only for myself but for my family as well. Being the first born male and being able to go away to college is a blessing. The college transition sometimes takes more than a year, you can pick a school that you think you like but when you get there you're faced with bigger issues that you thought. I personally don't believe that you can be fully ready for college but you can prepare yourself with academic discipline that would include study and assignment time, tutoring if possible it's free use it , personal time and faith. Believe that no matter how deep the whole may be, God will be there to pull you out. Remeber your family is your biggest supporters.

RAYMOND

MY CLASSMATES ARE VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER.

MY CLASSMATES ARE VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER.

GO ONLINE AND APPLY FOR ALL THE SCHOLAFRSHIPS YOU CAN, BECAUSE COLLEGE IS EXPENSIVE. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MUCH MONEY FOR COLLEGE.

I WISH THAT I KNEW TO CHECK OUT THE INSTRUCTORS ON RATEMYPROFESSOR.

Mark

There is a surprising wide-range of AS, AAS, and VC degrees/certificates available. It is one of the few schools that offer zoology. It has a great and knowledgeable staff, and offers many programs to involve students no matter your status or standing. It also has a better Networking and Internet Service Tech programs (Not to be confused with Computer Sciences) than the next-door and prestigous University of Florida.

Oh, how I wish I could. I would go back to myself and say, "Abandon your plans for BYU. You will go, and you will not like it. You will be miserable for your first year, get mediocre grades, and end up pushing back your whole college future by 2 years, since you won't be able to get into your school of choice after you leave there . You will experience headache and financial strain, upon recieving denial after denial to the colleges you wish you could now attend. Your transfer requirements will not be up to par, so you will have to work even harder to get accepted anywhere. "Apply now to the other colleges, and go there as an incoming freshman. College won't be easy no matter where you go, but at least you will be accepted somewhere you will want to stay. Just stick with it, you'll love it. Trust me. And don't forget who you are and what you stand for."

It has the reputation of being "The Waiting School." Sometimes, UF students look down on you since you are "only at Santa Fe" and that means either 1) You can't get accepted into UF, or 2) You are waiting to see if you can get into UF because you didn't get accepted the first time. Apart from that petty thing, its a wonderful school. Oh, and sometimes parking is difficult haha.

cheyenne

They're all very unique which surprised me.

They're all very unique which surprised me.

I would smack myself in the head and tell myself to fill out as many scholarships as possible they come in handy.

Mary

Being lazy is not an option with classes. Plan things out as best as you can. Know all the classes you need to take and organize them so you aren?t overwhelmed. Have fun, without laughs, good times and friends life will be very hard!

Any person who wants to get a bachelors in any field other then nursing.

When teachers make it obvious they don't care about class.

Lindsey

do the duel enrollment. That is a little stepping stone to college. enjoy life as a senior because it is more hectic once you start college. And even though my parents are trying to help I work and go to school. It is stressful at times. Apply for grants and things while I was still a senior.

Not enough parking. to get a parking spot you have to get there about 30 minutes befor your class to find a spot. Then it may be on the other side where your classes aren't

Lot different than high school . It is more fast pace so you have to really pay attention.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.