Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Alicia

Before I transferred to Santa Fe I went to another community college and it was no where near as difficult as Santa Fe. There are teachers from the University of Florida that also teach at Santa Fe and it helps a lot. They teach the same way so we are prepared for the level of difficulty that UF will give us. It gives us a challenge.

Don't slack! Apply to every school you can. Study A LOT before taking the SAT's and ACT's. Keep your grades up and don't make any decisions based on your friends, boyfriend/ girlfriend, or family. Choose the school you want to go to based on whats best for you.

Right now I am in the process of transferring to the University of Florida, but I have to go back and take a few of the suggested electives to boost my g.p.a. a little, but I can't get financial aid. I am unable to take classes now, because I have no way to pay for them and they aren't really willing to help me figure something out. Now I'm stuck. I can't take classes anywhere.

Krystal

If I could go back in time and speak to myself as a senior, I would have to say to me "Krystal, take your SATS and your ACT." When I was a senior in highschool, I was completely aware of what my plans were for the next coming year. Go to a community college, get my AA, transfer to a university and be on my way to Med school for my Ph.D in psychology. What I didn't know is the point in taking my SATS or ACT because I didn't think they would ammount to anything in a community college. Boy, was I wrong! Later, I learned that if I would have taken the two test I could have saved myself from a dreadful 3 hour placemet test and possibly elimated some of my remedial classes. Which could have saved any busy college student who needs to juggle school and work, lots of time and money. However, instead of dreading on the past hypothecial questions, I take pride in the work that I learned and did in those remedial classes. I met some of the greastest professors on the way and have now learned to regret nothing.

The worst thing about Santa Fe would probably have to be the communication. Everything is perfered through email. When you need to speak to someone that involves multiple questions, there should always be a person avaliable to attend to the students and help them in anyway they can so that students do not always seek the "I'll drop them an email" alternative. Not only is it unrealistic in the real world to get things done through email, but it's not nearly as personal. I also feel its a better way for students to practice their communication skills.

Let's face it, there is such thing as people who just weren't made for school. They don't enjoy it, don't do well, and half the time they're are better off career and money-wise. I feel it's those kinds of people who shouldn't attend this school. Most of the people at Santa Fe College, have the ultimate goal of making it into the University of Florida. If you aren't happy and don't pride in your school and/or work you shouldn't be there. Do something smart that makes you happy.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice, I would tell myself how dedicated I would need to become at working hard on keeping the focus on school work to make it a little easier in the transition from "high school senior" to "college life". You almost get lazy in your senior year where transitioning into that "adult life" can be a little tougher than it needs to be. Nobody can make you go to college or go to classes, so I think preparing yourself for it early may be the better idea. I believe, there aren't enough high school teachers that can prepare you for what college life is like. If I could time travel, I might have a better shot at getting a head start on the college life transition.

Cody

I would tell myself to dual enroll in more college classes and take advantage of the free classes and free books. I would spend more time researching for scholarships, grants and loans. Learn the importance of time management and the importance of good study habits. Check out more colleges and what they offer and when the dead lines are for enrolling. I would participate in more of the high school clubs and organizations. This would provide me with more leadership opportunities which would be helpful in the college environment. I would spend more time in my guidance counselors office getting advise and learning more on the transition from high school to college life. I would make more time to study and prepare for the ACT test and also take the test more than twice. I would tell myself to focus more on my career choice and start preparing by volunteering at the local medical center. Most of all I would take more time to enjoy the overall high school experience and let my teachers know how much I appreciated all the time and efforts they put into my education.

I think this college may not be right for you if you : like large class sizes want to be in the middle of a big city want to live on campus grounds do not like a small food court do not like a country environment want to be in a large scale college do not like hot weather do not like the more laid back environment are looking for large scale sports

The 3 things that I brag about my college are: 1. I brag about the location of the college. It is on the outskirts of town so you do not get into the traffic jams. 2. I brag about the class size. The class size is always small so it's not overwhelming and makes for a better learning environment. 3. The last thing I brag about is the campus grounds. The grounds are covered with large oak trees which makes a nice place to study. The campus size is also small so you can get to classes easy.

Katherine

My classmates at Santa Fe have always been eager to ask each other questions and willing go out of their way to help a fellow student succeed.

As a high school senior, I lacked focus and maintained an arrogant attitude toward the world, and especially toward education. After I transitioned from private to public school my junior year, I began to regard the slower-moving, overcrowded classrooms as a waste of time, and pursued my own studies. I wish I could go back in time to tell my angst-filled juvenile self to appreciate the education offered to me and to focus harder so as to ease the transition from high school to college. I feel that if I had been more accepting of my situation in high school, I would have maximized my potential and began college immediately instead of one whole year after graduation.

I wish I had better known the approximate class size at Sante Fe College, although after being at the school for a year, I find class sizes neither too large nor too small.

If I could go back in time, I would give myself A LOT of advice. I would start off by telling myself how proud I am of me for dual-enrolling and graduating high school with 30 college credits. I?d then tell myself the most important thing I have found about college so far would be to study, study, study! College is very different from high school because unlike in high school, the professors leave everything up to you and it is your responsibility to get the grade you want. It?s your job as a college student to read the chapters, do the homework, and study for your classes. Another piece of advice I?d give myself would be to take morning classes! As crazy as it sounds, it?s a lot easier to wake up early and go to class then having to leave my house late at night to go to class. Knowing me, I would probably have to say, yes, that does mean that history first thing in the morning is easier then history late at night. I would end my lovely encounter with myself by saying good luck...I know I?ll need it!

How the classes are very small and you can recieve alot of one on one time with your professors.

The most frusterating thing about my school is that I am attending college iat a branch of the campus that is in my small hometown. Because of this I know most of the people who are in my class and I feel like I am not getting to meet any new people yet.

Brittney

The classes are small and convenient. There is normally a 30 student max so I never feel overwhelmed or embarrassed to ask a question.

I would give my self a lot of advice. In high school I never pushed my self and was satisfied with a C average. My mom always pushed me to do better and told me how expensive college would be without any scholarships. At the time college was the least of my worries. I now have to work full time to pay for my classes on my own. I try to pick up at least three classes a semester in order to graduate in a decent amount of time. It's extremely hard and now I wish I would have pushed myself that extra foot to get the bright futures scholarship. I've made great grades in college and could have easily done the same in high school. I would tell myself that by getting that scholarship I'd be able to work part time and spend more time studying then being stressed because I have to pay for every semester on my own.

Some of the teachers are very unorganized and either lose your papers or forget what they assigned for homework which can then lead to a failing grade. But in all honesty, I really enjoy Santa Fe College.

Catalina

Move out of the house as soon as you graduate, and although it may be hard, brainstorm what you would like to major in. With that desision in mind apply to the univerisity that you choose and that suits you. Dont settle for a college and expose to the world your full potential. Also, if possible, try not to be in a relationship when you start univeristy. It limits you a bit and you wouldnt get the full experience.

I wish I would have declared my major earlier. I took a bunch of electives because I didnt know what I wanted to do and now I'm a bit behind where I would like to be.

There's really nothing I dislike about my school.

Darren

What I would speak into my senoir life is personal responsibilty. As a child and teenager you are carefree, but once you leave the nest and go to college this is a whole new experience. I've faced different things in life but nothing compares to the freshman college life. In my life I have already experienced obstacles that have made me take a stand not only for myself but for my family as well. Being the first born male and being able to go away to college is a blessing. The college transition sometimes takes more than a year, you can pick a school that you think you like but when you get there you're faced with bigger issues that you thought. I personally don't believe that you can be fully ready for college but you can prepare yourself with academic discipline that would include study and assignment time, tutoring if possible it's free use it , personal time and faith. Believe that no matter how deep the whole may be, God will be there to pull you out. Remeber your family is your biggest supporters.

RAYMOND

MY CLASSMATES ARE VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER.

MY CLASSMATES ARE VERY POLITE AND HELPFUL TO EACH OTHER.

GO ONLINE AND APPLY FOR ALL THE SCHOLAFRSHIPS YOU CAN, BECAUSE COLLEGE IS EXPENSIVE. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MUCH MONEY FOR COLLEGE.

I WISH THAT I KNEW TO CHECK OUT THE INSTRUCTORS ON RATEMYPROFESSOR.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.