Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Brenda

Santa Fe College is a great school!

Santa Fe College is a great school!

It's my first semester and I haven't really been told of any. However, I think it's awesome that they have a Bread/Pasta pantry for the students.

Mel

C's do not get you degrees. I was a smart individual in High School. I took college courses starting 11th grade, but was so focused on being a regular high school student that I didn't put much effort into my studies. I'm disappointed in the high school version of me because I gave into peer pressure and instead of working a little harder in my classes to get better grades, I did the bare minimum just to be able to attend the "parties" and outings with my friends. Yeah I have the great memories but now those grades are haunting my transcript and I'm not able to enjoy life to the fullest in my 20's because of my silly mistakes in high school. I would trade in those juvenile memories for better grades any day.

shantell

The stereotype of students at Santa Fe College is that the average student is destined and working towards transferring to a university, such as the University of Florida, and this stereotype is accurate for most Santa Fe College Students and Grads!

The most popular student activities are student government, student awareness, lectures that meet the average college student needs, etc.

Students at Santa Fe College are very diverse and driven. People from all different walks of life, ages, races, passions, with some of the same dreams, goals and aspirations!

They require a lot of work and effort!

courtney

My school is quiet and everyone keeps to themselves unless they already knew a few people from their previous school.

I would tell myself not to worry too much about being the best because once you start college you get a new slate and everything that you did in high school such as volunteering and joining clubs does not matter or jeporadize you not graduating high school.

The flexibility of classes and being able to make your own schedule that best suits you. I also enjoy the limited classroom numbers. You feel more of a person and not a number.

Alexa

If I could go back and give myself as a high school senior some advice, I would have told me to keep my grades up better. I would have said to get involved more in school, join a sport, pay attention more in class. All through high school I moved around a lot, went to 4 different high schools total, and slacked a lot and was always behind. If I had the chance, I would have gave myself a pep talk, told myself to pick it up and quit the slacking. Maybe I could have gotten academic scholarships for my outstanding grades, sports scholarships. I had it in me I just never applied myself.

I think the best thing about my school so far would be that they have smaller schools in surrounding areas, such as the Watson Center in Keystone Heights (where I live), and the Andrew's Center in Starke. It gives the students who don't live in Gainesville a good opportunity to take their classes close to home, instead of having to worry about gas prices and such just to get to Gainesville.

I haven't started yet so I'm not sure if there's anything so bad about my school yet. When I went to meet my academic advisor there wasn't much I could complain about.

Peace

Santa Fe college is well known for its involvement in community service, as well as the intellectual abilities of it's studen...

Santa Fe college is well known for its involvement in community service, as well as the intellectual abilities of it's students

Collee life is not exactly the most pleasant stage of anyone's life, especially when you have very little financial support. I definitely have adviced the high school senior me to spend more time searching for scholarships and spending more time volunteering. I spend most of my time studying and recieving lectures, I barely remember what time it is. I will definitely advice the younger me to spend more time exploring and taking trips because I really cannot take them anymore. I believe transitint ng into college is a very important step, I would advice the younger me to spend more time looking into Ivy league colleges tinihan and the possibility of gaining admission into one of them.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of available scholarships for brilliant students and jobs for students on campus

chase

In one sentence, santa fe college is a starting point.

In one sentence, santa fe college is a starting point.

I would have advised my younger self to start applying for grants, financial aid and and worrying about my future more. I would have told myself to look at other colleges around the country and apply to all of them. I applied to few colleges when I was in high school and ended up going to a community college not far from where I grew up. This decision was filled with regret as I scrolled through my Facebook feed seeing all my friends move onto the college of their dreams meeting new people. Time went by and I accumulated college credits but I was not in the least bit satisfied. I eventually moved to Orange Park to finish out my AA at St. Johns River State College which was another horrible experience. I am applying for this scholarship because I have a dream of going to Full Sail in Orlando for their Recording Arts Bachelor's program so that I can become a sound engineer. Having trouble affording the expensive college, I am vigorously applying for as many scholarship programs as possible. I am determined to be successful, and I believe Full Sail will help me with my dream.

leslie

If I were to go back and talk I would sit myself down and tell my highschool self to take a grip and do not over complicate college. I would have to elaborate how college will not be simple but it will grant many experiences than that of highschool. There is far more vast diversity of people and classes that it could overwhelm a few. But if you savor every class and friends you meet along the way, it makes it so much more of an experience that you cannot find nowhere else. I would tell myself that I would meet new and exciting friends who would influence my life to a great extent, that professors are the coolest people you would ever meet who know so much, and be part of many on-campus activities helping the community here in Gainesville. As a last word of wisdom to my younger self, "savor college, don't swallow it like a pill".

At Santa Fe offer a student and faculty gym free of use, only problem is that if you rent a locker, you must take out your belongings before a certain date or they will just throw anything in that locker in the garbage. In my experience I was not notifed of the date, which needs to be improved. For instance, an email reminder or a text stating the time and date gym lockers are to be cleaned out.

The most frustrating thing about Santa Fe College is when students do not take classes seriously. For example, sometimes students would sleep in class, or not even show up. Going to college, no matter if it is a prestigous 4-year university or a community college, must have students who are engaged in learning for the career they aim for. If most students put effort into schooling they would get a grade deserving to pass Santa fe. There is already helpful centers that assist students in a wide range of classes, and even have tutors available.

Alexzandra

I would tell myself to join clubs and try to get involved with the school more. I also would tell myself to relax and be calm because a lot of the people are nice and can be very friendly. I know that college takes up a lot of time so I would need to know how to manage my time better. I also would tell myself not to rush to look for a job because it is better to get aquinted with a school schedule and habits without work being thrown into the mix. Overall I would tell myself to just enjoy college as much as possible because the time goes by very quickly.

I would have liked to have known that Santa Fe is a really nice school to attend. I also would have liked to know that it is small in size for classrooms.

I believe anyone willing to further their education should come to Santa Fe. I also think that if someone perfers smaller class sizes compared to regular university sized classes would like Santa Fe. The atmosphere at Santa Fe is really friendly and nice, so anyone interested in more relaxed atmospheres would really enjoy going to Santa Fe.

Laureen

A medium sized and laid back school with a good staff and beautiful campus.!

A medium sized and laid back school with a good staff and beautiful campus.!

Just be you Kelsey, stay strong when the rest are weak. You're going to have difficulties finding yourself this year. Your friends are separating into different groups, people are going their seperate ways and making plans for their futures but have faith and be steady and strong in the fact that who know who holds your future and you know God has some amazing plans for your life. Be true to yourself, don't believe everything you hear. People will lie to your face, don't be gullable. Pick a good prom date, give Tyler Mobley (and him only) the time of day because you end up falling in love with him, and take more dual-enrollment classes because you'll regret it later! Spend time with Ashley at school everyday because you'll really miss her when she's gone and definitely come home on prom night, don't stay at the beach and don't try anything you think you will regret later in life. Love yourself for who you are and stay bold for Christ. You're different for a reason, your life is your testimony. Let your light shine every single day, stay strong girl!

Any kind of person can attend this school, everyone is accepted and how well you do it based on how hard you work! If you fail, it's pretty much your fault. Stay focused, do what is expected of you and do your very best and you will most likely always succeed. I've had very few teachers at Santa Fe who were not understanding and were not willing to work with me, a really good staff overall! I would recommend Santa Fe to anyone, a great place to start!

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.