Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Santa Fe College has recently been awarded number 1 status from the Aspen Institute. I entered a video into a competition showcasing the award and won third place receiving $200 bucks! The class sizes are great, the professors are usually available and the students are friendly. The University of Florida is in the same town so I have been able to utilize a lot of the same resources that a grad student at a research institution could use. The work load has been light which has allowed me to get involved in many extracurricular activities and hold a part time job. Only down side is that there is no on campus housing and limited food options, but there is a grocery store close by. I really enjoy the Model United Nations Club. I have been the treasurer for a few semesters now and I love getting to teach new members and travel with the Model United Nations Debate Team. I actually met my Girlfriend at a Model United Nations Conference at the University of Florida and that was over a year ago and we are still in love. Santa Fe College is the number one College in the Nation because of how personable the staff is. How Light the course work is, but how much you learn. The faculty know that their biggest strength is catering to undergraduates and they do that very well. I feel prepared to transfer to a bigger University because of the preparation I have been able to experience.

Daniel

Santa Fe College help me shaped up for the future, meaning i am transferring the the university of my choose. The professors challenged me to think beyond my exception and allowed me to learn at a higher level. i would recommend Santa Fe College to anyone who wants to transferal to a university or just anything is willing to learn without knowing what major they want to study. by the end of your AA, you will know thanks to the awesome staff and professors that are at this institution.

In my opinion, Santa Fe College is a great school! The best thing about this school is the teachers. They are all so experienced and well educated in their field and are always willing to help students with any problems or concerns. The size of the school is perfect because the class sizes aren't too big, but not too small either. Every class I have taken had about 30 students which gives a lot of opportunity for one on one time with the teacher to get any questions answered during class. Santa Fe College was not announced number one state college in the nation for no reason! I would recommend this school to anyone that wants to continue their education and have a fun, positive, and engaging college experience.

Heather

I believe this school is a great school! I am thankful for the small classroom setting to me it is more personal and allows you to really interact with your fellow piers along with the professors!

I wouldn't say there is a stereotype of students. People are different, we are not made to fit a mold!

Our basketball team and health field is very prominent here at Santa Fe! If you want to get involved here is the place to be apart of!

The students are just like you and me! Very diverse and hungry for an education!

The academics are tough but, they are presented to you in a way that you will get. The professors here put forth a lot of effort to make learning such a better and easier experience.

Tom

Santa Fe College is best known for preparing students to transfer to the University of Florida for a four-year degree. The school has a substantial number of programs and policies in place that are designed with this specific goal in mind.

At this stage in your life, it may seem as though future challenges and obligations, like getting accepted to college, earning your degree, and finding a job that you enjoy and that pays you what you deserve are a long way off. And, that's ok; you likely haven't yet had experiences that would prepare you for the difficulty of these challenges. You should trust me when I tell you, though, that these challenges are coming, and they are more difficult and will arrive sooner than you can imagine. So, you can do yourself a tremendous favor by preparing now. Discipline yourself not to procrastinate, to put your very best effort academically, and to plan ahead. Study hard and earn the best grades you can. Learn to manage your time. Doing so now will give you advantages in the future that reward you for the rest of your life, while not doing so will result in disadvantages that you may very well regret for the rest of your life. It's your life, and you should enjoy it. But don't allow your pursuit of happiness now to cheat you out of long-term happiness in the future.

All of the faculty and 99% of the staff I've met at this school are genuinely concerned about each student's success and will bend over backwards to provide students with any help they might need to ensure their success.

Nichole

For the most part, my classmates are hardworking and caring about their grades.

For the most part, my classmates are hardworking and caring about their grades.

The amount of student involvement that the school promotes makes the school stands out compared to any other school I've visited.

I would let myself know about the hardships. Not just the academic part, but the real world part. I would let myself know that I would be supporting 99% of my funds for school, housing, bills, food, etc. I would advise myself to get any type of work experience before moving away because there's no one who has the finances to help me. I would tell myself that it wouldn't be completely horrible because there are support systems away from home (i.e. church), so I wouldn't feel lonely). I would tell my younger self that no matter how hard it is, giving up is not an option because the end result is so rewarding. I would finally let my younger seld know that college life will be the first time in a long time that I felt that I belonged somewhere, that my grades would be so much better, and that everything that happened before will not matter because the future is so much brighter moving onto college.

Brenda

Santa Fe College is a great school!

Santa Fe College is a great school!

It's my first semester and I haven't really been told of any. However, I think it's awesome that they have a Bread/Pasta pantry for the students.

Mel

C's do not get you degrees. I was a smart individual in High School. I took college courses starting 11th grade, but was so focused on being a regular high school student that I didn't put much effort into my studies. I'm disappointed in the high school version of me because I gave into peer pressure and instead of working a little harder in my classes to get better grades, I did the bare minimum just to be able to attend the "parties" and outings with my friends. Yeah I have the great memories but now those grades are haunting my transcript and I'm not able to enjoy life to the fullest in my 20's because of my silly mistakes in high school. I would trade in those juvenile memories for better grades any day.

shantell

The stereotype of students at Santa Fe College is that the average student is destined and working towards transferring to a university, such as the University of Florida, and this stereotype is accurate for most Santa Fe College Students and Grads!

The most popular student activities are student government, student awareness, lectures that meet the average college student needs, etc.

Students at Santa Fe College are very diverse and driven. People from all different walks of life, ages, races, passions, with some of the same dreams, goals and aspirations!

They require a lot of work and effort!

courtney

My school is quiet and everyone keeps to themselves unless they already knew a few people from their previous school.

I would tell myself not to worry too much about being the best because once you start college you get a new slate and everything that you did in high school such as volunteering and joining clubs does not matter or jeporadize you not graduating high school.

The flexibility of classes and being able to make your own schedule that best suits you. I also enjoy the limited classroom numbers. You feel more of a person and not a number.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.