Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

yves

My name is Yves. I am currently enrolled at the University of Arizona for the fall semester 2012. To me, if I could go back in the time and talk about my high school senior I think I would seriously take in charge my future. Although I’m from Africa and even though our educational system is quite different from the system in the United States, we still have the same objectives and privileges which are studying hard to reach your goal and be successful. As a result, according to my college experience, I would teach to myself numerous rules to follow and a line of conduct to success in that environment. We all know how intense and competitive college is which mixed with various temptations (drug, alcohool…). Because of a lack of financial resources, I didn’t go further to reach my dreams and today is a blessing for me that the USA is giving me a chance to do well and realize my dreams. Now I have hope that I can compete with other students of my generations and with the same chances. In other terms, this transition would be suitable only if I do the right thing.

Rachael

Senior Me: You're a pretty good kid, and you know it. Still, I have a few suggestions I believe you should take to heart. Foremost, accept that you are going to change. You don’t like change, but you can’t help it, even within yourself. It’s okay--whether you stop liking certain kind of food, or change your plans for the future. Don't be ashamed Also, trust that some things will work themselves out. Have more faith in God and yourself. Do not push people just because you’re afraid they won’t understand or invest in the things you feel are important. You can’t change someone else’s heart, and there are people and circumstances out there that fit into your heart perfectly. In closing, senior me, remember that you can change the world no matter what field you go into. You don’t have to wait until you graduate to start helping people and accomplishing your dreams. Also, if you suddenly realize you’re studying something that no longer seems relevant, don’t panic. You can learn a lesson that will help you through out your life even in the most bizarre circumstances.

It's proximity to my home

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year of High School, I would tell myself to find a balance between my studies, my extracurricular activities and work. I would put more of an emphasis on learning how to study for tests and allowing more time for school work. I would tell myself that getting involed in school activities is a great way to meet new people but that I shouldn't let it become a priority over increasing my GPA. And finally, I would tell myself that limiting my availability at work would have allowed me to focus on my educational priorities more.

Kiefer

Our school offers the best program to transfer to the University of Florida as a transfer student within the shortest period of time. Santa Fe is fantastic at teaching you the general education topics and allowing you to grasp ahold of what exactly you would like to do in your life as you continue your academic career. The administration is friendly and cooperative with all the students who have larger plans then what are at Santa Fe, and they accept the challenge to help all at completely their specific goals.

As a retrospective view, if I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would said "Be patient". The world is about the here-and-now perspective, and it is viral and will surround you. Don’t let it. The transition is easier than you think, but being able to control your dreams and understanding that each goal you have is apart of a much larger route is crucial to success. Your goals are important, using an analogy I would relate them to footsteps on a pathway to happiness. You take your steps normally and each one is towards your destined location. But if you decided to take the wrong pathway that seems less traveled, it can lead you through a strange time but it will be for your benefit to be patient. The road less traveled is never easier nor always harder, but being patient in college is what is vital to your happiness. Your goals should't be always to look ahead because a thousand futures do not make a single day, but a thousand days create a single future. Stay patient and in the moment, you will overtake all over your struggles.

The only frustrating that is at Santa Fe is the atmosphere that everyone is transferring to the University of Florida within two years on average. It sometimes cuts at the college feel of creating bonds and forming lifelong relationships. But it all equals out when you yourself transfer to the larger school for your graduate program.

Francesca

If I could go back as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not take everything so seriously and enjoy high school a little more than I did. I feel that high school doesn't really prepare you for college, other than getting you accepted to one. The amount of reading and studying in college is not even close to the way things work in high school. I graduated in the top 15% of my class with a 3.8 GPA and college was still a complete shock as far as the dynamics of classes. I took myself so seriously that I didn't allow myself to open up and just enjoy being an 18 year old. There are many times that I wish I would've went to more bonfires, tailgates, etc. rather than being so focused on school. However, if I were different I would not have been able to attend UCF for two years, and receive the amazing college experiences I've been given. I am very thankful I am so driven and make school number one because I am determined to be the best paramedic so that I can help others and save lives.

Someone who is not driven and determined to further their lives as far as education is concerned.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of organization on the main campus. If you haven't been there before or are trying to find a certain building it can be confusing driving around because the signs are very misleading and ambiguous.

Lourdes

For me, Santa Fe College is a college that help students to achieved their dreams and to transfer to other major universities...

For having a college career and being the first generation in college, I will tell myself how to succeed in college because no one told me about how college works. At the same time, I will tell myself different free scholaships for succesful students like me with a 3.40 high school GPA.

I will brag that this school works together with the University of Florida to provide and help students to succeed in college and life.

Akhtar

I have always tried to keep myself focused on my education so that i can score good and get some scholarships. Unfortunately, i had some flaws like everyone does. I couldn't focus on finishing my homeworks on time or just not well oriented. So now if i could go back, i would advice myself to be organized than i was and keep track of when a homework would be due or when i would have a test.

I brag about the professors in my school. There are always some professors that are disliked by the students but most of the profrssors are highly rated,

Matthew

If I were permitted to go back in time and give myself future-knowledge of what would happen to me, my life would be very different from today. The first thing I would tell myself is to focus all resources (money, time, work) toward schooling rather than attempting to set my setting (home/possessions) up for the future. Schooling is extremely important and is now a mandatory requirement just to even be glanced over as a potential candidate for any high-paying job. The second thing I'd tell myself is to set a planned goal to achieve a set ratio of classes taken per semester to ensure that I can get school over with and begin my career as soon as possible. At the moment, I am working near full-time and am attempting to fit college in when I can, the reverse is what I'd tell myself to do. I would definitely tell myself to go full-time with school, and make sure that work stayed part time. Nothing is more important than your education in the developmental years of your life. The key to success is through education and determination, as I would note to myself.

Anyone who wants to better themself by attaining an education and wants the freedom to choose how they go about improving their lives will want to go to this school. You have absolute freedom to choose how you go about achieving your goals, and you are given the breathing room to become who you want to be. If you want to be a socializing everyday student, you are free to do so. If you want to solely be a hardcore book-nut, and have no correlation with people other than for academic purposes, then you are also right at home.

The only person that I could possibly imagine not wanting to go to this school, is someone that has no aspiration in life to achieve a greater job than the menial minimum wage job. Said person would have no determination to better the world, but would rather waste their time doing the same jobs for the remainder of their lives. This school gives the opportunity for everyone to attain a better education at very little cost. There is no reason someone shouldn't attend school, let alone this school with all the advantages that Santa Fe College gives.

Jordana

It is a brother school of the University of Florida. They just started several 4 year BAS programs.

I would inform myself not to give up my Junior year of high school. Though things will get rough and times will be changing, u must not give up. Do not get discouraged about what may come but stay positive. It's true what they say , you cannot further your education without completing high school. I know your not going to know what direction to go to but, what you have always wanted to do it truly not that hard to achieve. You can do it and You will!

Dustin

I go to Santa Fe College at the Watson Center, this is unique because it is small and almost like a tight knit family.

My college experience has given me an enormorous sense of accomplishment and self esteem. College has also been a huge discipline booster because it requires me to keep a timely schedule and my belongings and thoughts organized. During high school I always did just enough to get by with an A or a B and never truly applied myself. However, college is completely different. In college I am forced to actually use the brain God gave me! Which is wonderful because I am forced to come up with my own ideas and thoughts instead of coasting through school on memorization. The sense of accomplishment I have required from college is also incredible. My mother raised me as a single mom which was really difficult for my two sisters and I. Being enrolled in college makes her extremely proud of me. I have seen first hand what it is like to struggle through life because of the lack of higher education. I never want to live paycheck to paycheck, and all I want from college is the opportunity to obtain a degree to land a career to successfully provide for my future family.

School is very expensive, apply for all the scholarships you can while you are still in high school.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.