Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Alexa

If I could go back and give myself as a high school senior some advice, I would have told me to keep my grades up better. I would have said to get involved more in school, join a sport, pay attention more in class. All through high school I moved around a lot, went to 4 different high schools total, and slacked a lot and was always behind. If I had the chance, I would have gave myself a pep talk, told myself to pick it up and quit the slacking. Maybe I could have gotten academic scholarships for my outstanding grades, sports scholarships. I had it in me I just never applied myself.

I think the best thing about my school so far would be that they have smaller schools in surrounding areas, such as the Watson Center in Keystone Heights (where I live), and the Andrew's Center in Starke. It gives the students who don't live in Gainesville a good opportunity to take their classes close to home, instead of having to worry about gas prices and such just to get to Gainesville.

I haven't started yet so I'm not sure if there's anything so bad about my school yet. When I went to meet my academic advisor there wasn't much I could complain about.

Peace

Santa Fe college is well known for its involvement in community service, as well as the intellectual abilities of it's studen...

Santa Fe college is well known for its involvement in community service, as well as the intellectual abilities of it's students

Collee life is not exactly the most pleasant stage of anyone's life, especially when you have very little financial support. I definitely have adviced the high school senior me to spend more time searching for scholarships and spending more time volunteering. I spend most of my time studying and recieving lectures, I barely remember what time it is. I will definitely advice the younger me to spend more time exploring and taking trips because I really cannot take them anymore. I believe transitint ng into college is a very important step, I would advice the younger me to spend more time looking into Ivy league colleges tinihan and the possibility of gaining admission into one of them.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of available scholarships for brilliant students and jobs for students on campus

chase

In one sentence, santa fe college is a starting point.

In one sentence, santa fe college is a starting point.

I would have advised my younger self to start applying for grants, financial aid and and worrying about my future more. I would have told myself to look at other colleges around the country and apply to all of them. I applied to few colleges when I was in high school and ended up going to a community college not far from where I grew up. This decision was filled with regret as I scrolled through my Facebook feed seeing all my friends move onto the college of their dreams meeting new people. Time went by and I accumulated college credits but I was not in the least bit satisfied. I eventually moved to Orange Park to finish out my AA at St. Johns River State College which was another horrible experience. I am applying for this scholarship because I have a dream of going to Full Sail in Orlando for their Recording Arts Bachelor's program so that I can become a sound engineer. Having trouble affording the expensive college, I am vigorously applying for as many scholarship programs as possible. I am determined to be successful, and I believe Full Sail will help me with my dream.

leslie

If I were to go back and talk I would sit myself down and tell my highschool self to take a grip and do not over complicate college. I would have to elaborate how college will not be simple but it will grant many experiences than that of highschool. There is far more vast diversity of people and classes that it could overwhelm a few. But if you savor every class and friends you meet along the way, it makes it so much more of an experience that you cannot find nowhere else. I would tell myself that I would meet new and exciting friends who would influence my life to a great extent, that professors are the coolest people you would ever meet who know so much, and be part of many on-campus activities helping the community here in Gainesville. As a last word of wisdom to my younger self, "savor college, don't swallow it like a pill".

At Santa Fe offer a student and faculty gym free of use, only problem is that if you rent a locker, you must take out your belongings before a certain date or they will just throw anything in that locker in the garbage. In my experience I was not notifed of the date, which needs to be improved. For instance, an email reminder or a text stating the time and date gym lockers are to be cleaned out.

The most frustrating thing about Santa Fe College is when students do not take classes seriously. For example, sometimes students would sleep in class, or not even show up. Going to college, no matter if it is a prestigous 4-year university or a community college, must have students who are engaged in learning for the career they aim for. If most students put effort into schooling they would get a grade deserving to pass Santa fe. There is already helpful centers that assist students in a wide range of classes, and even have tutors available.

Alexzandra

I would tell myself to join clubs and try to get involved with the school more. I also would tell myself to relax and be calm because a lot of the people are nice and can be very friendly. I know that college takes up a lot of time so I would need to know how to manage my time better. I also would tell myself not to rush to look for a job because it is better to get aquinted with a school schedule and habits without work being thrown into the mix. Overall I would tell myself to just enjoy college as much as possible because the time goes by very quickly.

I would have liked to have known that Santa Fe is a really nice school to attend. I also would have liked to know that it is small in size for classrooms.

I believe anyone willing to further their education should come to Santa Fe. I also think that if someone perfers smaller class sizes compared to regular university sized classes would like Santa Fe. The atmosphere at Santa Fe is really friendly and nice, so anyone interested in more relaxed atmospheres would really enjoy going to Santa Fe.

Laureen

A medium sized and laid back school with a good staff and beautiful campus.!

A medium sized and laid back school with a good staff and beautiful campus.!

Just be you Kelsey, stay strong when the rest are weak. You're going to have difficulties finding yourself this year. Your friends are separating into different groups, people are going their seperate ways and making plans for their futures but have faith and be steady and strong in the fact that who know who holds your future and you know God has some amazing plans for your life. Be true to yourself, don't believe everything you hear. People will lie to your face, don't be gullable. Pick a good prom date, give Tyler Mobley (and him only) the time of day because you end up falling in love with him, and take more dual-enrollment classes because you'll regret it later! Spend time with Ashley at school everyday because you'll really miss her when she's gone and definitely come home on prom night, don't stay at the beach and don't try anything you think you will regret later in life. Love yourself for who you are and stay bold for Christ. You're different for a reason, your life is your testimony. Let your light shine every single day, stay strong girl!

Any kind of person can attend this school, everyone is accepted and how well you do it based on how hard you work! If you fail, it's pretty much your fault. Stay focused, do what is expected of you and do your very best and you will most likely always succeed. I've had very few teachers at Santa Fe who were not understanding and were not willing to work with me, a really good staff overall! I would recommend Santa Fe to anyone, a great place to start!

yves

My name is Yves. I am currently enrolled at the University of Arizona for the fall semester 2012. To me, if I could go back in the time and talk about my high school senior I think I would seriously take in charge my future. Although I’m from Africa and even though our educational system is quite different from the system in the United States, we still have the same objectives and privileges which are studying hard to reach your goal and be successful. As a result, according to my college experience, I would teach to myself numerous rules to follow and a line of conduct to success in that environment. We all know how intense and competitive college is which mixed with various temptations (drug, alcohool…). Because of a lack of financial resources, I didn’t go further to reach my dreams and today is a blessing for me that the USA is giving me a chance to do well and realize my dreams. Now I have hope that I can compete with other students of my generations and with the same chances. In other terms, this transition would be suitable only if I do the right thing.

Rachael

Senior Me: You're a pretty good kid, and you know it. Still, I have a few suggestions I believe you should take to heart. Foremost, accept that you are going to change. You don’t like change, but you can’t help it, even within yourself. It’s okay--whether you stop liking certain kind of food, or change your plans for the future. Don't be ashamed Also, trust that some things will work themselves out. Have more faith in God and yourself. Do not push people just because you’re afraid they won’t understand or invest in the things you feel are important. You can’t change someone else’s heart, and there are people and circumstances out there that fit into your heart perfectly. In closing, senior me, remember that you can change the world no matter what field you go into. You don’t have to wait until you graduate to start helping people and accomplishing your dreams. Also, if you suddenly realize you’re studying something that no longer seems relevant, don’t panic. You can learn a lesson that will help you through out your life even in the most bizarre circumstances.

It's proximity to my home

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year of High School, I would tell myself to find a balance between my studies, my extracurricular activities and work. I would put more of an emphasis on learning how to study for tests and allowing more time for school work. I would tell myself that getting involed in school activities is a great way to meet new people but that I shouldn't let it become a priority over increasing my GPA. And finally, I would tell myself that limiting my availability at work would have allowed me to focus on my educational priorities more.

Kiefer

Our school offers the best program to transfer to the University of Florida as a transfer student within the shortest period of time. Santa Fe is fantastic at teaching you the general education topics and allowing you to grasp ahold of what exactly you would like to do in your life as you continue your academic career. The administration is friendly and cooperative with all the students who have larger plans then what are at Santa Fe, and they accept the challenge to help all at completely their specific goals.

As a retrospective view, if I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would said "Be patient". The world is about the here-and-now perspective, and it is viral and will surround you. Don’t let it. The transition is easier than you think, but being able to control your dreams and understanding that each goal you have is apart of a much larger route is crucial to success. Your goals are important, using an analogy I would relate them to footsteps on a pathway to happiness. You take your steps normally and each one is towards your destined location. But if you decided to take the wrong pathway that seems less traveled, it can lead you through a strange time but it will be for your benefit to be patient. The road less traveled is never easier nor always harder, but being patient in college is what is vital to your happiness. Your goals should't be always to look ahead because a thousand futures do not make a single day, but a thousand days create a single future. Stay patient and in the moment, you will overtake all over your struggles.

The only frustrating that is at Santa Fe is the atmosphere that everyone is transferring to the University of Florida within two years on average. It sometimes cuts at the college feel of creating bonds and forming lifelong relationships. But it all equals out when you yourself transfer to the larger school for your graduate program.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.