Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Norah

My college experience has been good for me in a number of ways. For one it has been so good to learn, there is so much to know out there and the more I study the more I realize how little I know. Also attending college has been quite good for me socially. As I meet lots of kinds of people, it broadens my social base andl helps me to appreciate the diversity around me. Another thing that has been good for me learning how to budget my time and money because I have to. Then of course attending college has helped me grow closer to Jesus Christ as I realize more distinctly my need for him and his help in my life.

Mansan

It is a really wonderful school for everyone beacuse most of classes are not really big, for that reason students can learn more than sitting in a 300 students class.

Most of my classmates are fun and interenting to work with as a group, and we help each others a lot on homework and classwork.

I had experienced living without my parent, and I am a single parent family so that I had kind of experienced how to control my times for my school and my home before hand. But in the main point living without my mom was just another situation. I had to go buy food on my own, cook food, push myself to study, and I need to save money. I couldn’t spend money like in the past. At last, I found out how hard was to for my mom to raise my big brother, who is attending in UF, and I at the same time, and she paid for college for both of us at the same time too.

LaTonya

Santa fe' College is great at giving you all the help you need. I have been to another college before in Ill. and i absolutely love SFC. The teachers are great at getting you the help you need in your course. Even other Professors are helpful in a subject that u are in, if they are well aware of that subject. I would surely suggest Santa fe' College to anyone who is looking to start out in a small classroom environment.

I have recieved alot of valuable information and eduation out of Santa Fe' College, especially my Critical Thinking class. This class along with the teacher has really helped me improved alot of things as far as writting papers and thinking in different aspects of things. College is not only a way to get a better job but its a way to really excel in everyday's life

I brag most about how the teachers are great at giving students the one on one time even if that student need it ever day. I have been blessed when it comes to professors giving me extra help on my courses.

Chlo?

My college experience thus far has been absolutely fabulous! During my time in college I have had amazing opportunities presented to me in the form of leadership. I was elected to the Student Senate at my school and have become a Student Ambassador meaning that I?ve been able to encourage prospective students to choose the college I attend. I chose a major that I knew would make me happy and that I could have fun with. That is key. If you choose a major you like, you will want to go to all of your classes because they interest you. Attending college has also been incredibly valuable as far as socializing. I decided to live on campus even though I had the choice to not do so. Living on campus has allowed me to meet and socialize with other people that have been born of different circumstances than myself. This alone has opened my eyes to the idea that there is so much more to college than just textbooks and general education classes. College will always be a valuable experience for me even if I decide to change my course of study or alter my life goals entirely.

Jasmine

My school is best known for being the "DUKE" of community colleges, eventhough just this past year it's now a four year state college. At my school I have the opportunity to get a great education in a small classroom setting. Sure, the University of Florida is within a few miles of my school; however, it can't offer the small class sizes or the opportunity to have immediate interaction with the professors when warranted or needed. This school is a great place to transition from home to living on your own.

Santa Fe is like home away from home. I have my own space but yet I'm not alone at the end of the day after atteding school. Further, my parents did not allow me to have a car my first year. Therefore the living arrangements being so close, afforded me the opportunity to be within walking distance of the school. Further, I am far enough home to say I went away to college, yet close enough to be home with in a couples hours.

Several thing come to mind, in answering this question. First, I have learned to live on my own, budget my monthly allowence and be responsible to and for mysellf. Secondly, I have learned how to share space with people other than my parents. At first, that was difficult, because I am a very tidy person and I had to realize that not all people like tidy spaces, so I resolved myself to making sure my space was always tidy. I now beleive, it's true what the addicts say about being presented with change. "You must accept those things that you can not change." That was a difficult task for me. Then I learned that college is just like high school when it comes to maintaining your academics and since that's a priority for me, I have now made it even more of a priority in college and that's working well for me, I have excelled in all my classes my first semester and I'm on track to do the same in my second semester. Simply put, I am excited about college, I love what it has offered me & I'm embracing what it will afford me.

Kristen

As a dual enrolled student this on campus experience has given me insight to the next level. previously i was dual enrolled in a computer lab at my high school.No comparison to the on campus situation where the level of learning is at a much higher level,and more interesting.

the diversity of programs offered

Iam a dual inrolled high school student and find the colleg setting fun ,and much more eduicational than the previous community college i attended

Damion

I have learned to be more goal oriented. I have learned to become focused and to not be easily distracted by my surroundings. These are all valuable in making me a harder worker and to help me strive towards achieving all of my goals no matter how hard to obtain or how far away they may see.

They don't offer loans to students who don't recieve as much on their federal and state aid.

Someone who is not very goal oriented and eaisly distracted.

Alyssa

I would give myself tons of advice. I would tell myself to go to school and not skip any days. I would tell myself that tests and homework are both very important. I would tell myself to study a lot more than I did. Also, two of the most important things I would tell myself is to actually take the ACT or SAT and to apply for scholarships early. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about what my friends think of me now because most of them aren't even in school now. Most importantly, school is the most important thing and I better do well.

Everyone should attend Santa Fe College. The school, right now, is an "open door" school meaning anyone can able. You need a dipolma or a GED for most of the school but there are programs for those who do not have a GED or high school dipolma.

Santa Fe was formily Santa Fe Community College but they are now just a college and they continue to get better and better!

I f I could go back and give myself one piece of advise I would say "Don't give up." At the time it seemed like a good thing to do, but quitting has been my biggest mistake. I would tell myself that education is the best gift you can give yourself. It has taken me time to learn this life lesson. Now that I have, I am determined to finish school successfully. After taking a "break" I believe that I am ready to better myself and continue my college experience. I now know what is really important, not parties or boys, or even a piece of paper. The skills and experiences that are gained in a classroom will continue to be a part of my life forever. As a high school senior I probably would not have listened to my older self. I would have said "yeah whatever." It was something I had to learn for myself, but I know this is true. Nothing in life is worth doing without the things I have learned and will continue to learn in college.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.