Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Francesca

If I could go back as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not take everything so seriously and enjoy high school a little more than I did. I feel that high school doesn't really prepare you for college, other than getting you accepted to one. The amount of reading and studying in college is not even close to the way things work in high school. I graduated in the top 15% of my class with a 3.8 GPA and college was still a complete shock as far as the dynamics of classes. I took myself so seriously that I didn't allow myself to open up and just enjoy being an 18 year old. There are many times that I wish I would've went to more bonfires, tailgates, etc. rather than being so focused on school. However, if I were different I would not have been able to attend UCF for two years, and receive the amazing college experiences I've been given. I am very thankful I am so driven and make school number one because I am determined to be the best paramedic so that I can help others and save lives.

Someone who is not driven and determined to further their lives as far as education is concerned.

The most frustrating thing is the lack of organization on the main campus. If you haven't been there before or are trying to find a certain building it can be confusing driving around because the signs are very misleading and ambiguous.

Lourdes

For me, Santa Fe College is a college that help students to achieved their dreams and to transfer to other major universities...

For having a college career and being the first generation in college, I will tell myself how to succeed in college because no one told me about how college works. At the same time, I will tell myself different free scholaships for succesful students like me with a 3.40 high school GPA.

I will brag that this school works together with the University of Florida to provide and help students to succeed in college and life.

Akhtar

I have always tried to keep myself focused on my education so that i can score good and get some scholarships. Unfortunately, i had some flaws like everyone does. I couldn't focus on finishing my homeworks on time or just not well oriented. So now if i could go back, i would advice myself to be organized than i was and keep track of when a homework would be due or when i would have a test.

I brag about the professors in my school. There are always some professors that are disliked by the students but most of the profrssors are highly rated,

Matthew

If I were permitted to go back in time and give myself future-knowledge of what would happen to me, my life would be very different from today. The first thing I would tell myself is to focus all resources (money, time, work) toward schooling rather than attempting to set my setting (home/possessions) up for the future. Schooling is extremely important and is now a mandatory requirement just to even be glanced over as a potential candidate for any high-paying job. The second thing I'd tell myself is to set a planned goal to achieve a set ratio of classes taken per semester to ensure that I can get school over with and begin my career as soon as possible. At the moment, I am working near full-time and am attempting to fit college in when I can, the reverse is what I'd tell myself to do. I would definitely tell myself to go full-time with school, and make sure that work stayed part time. Nothing is more important than your education in the developmental years of your life. The key to success is through education and determination, as I would note to myself.

Anyone who wants to better themself by attaining an education and wants the freedom to choose how they go about improving their lives will want to go to this school. You have absolute freedom to choose how you go about achieving your goals, and you are given the breathing room to become who you want to be. If you want to be a socializing everyday student, you are free to do so. If you want to solely be a hardcore book-nut, and have no correlation with people other than for academic purposes, then you are also right at home.

The only person that I could possibly imagine not wanting to go to this school, is someone that has no aspiration in life to achieve a greater job than the menial minimum wage job. Said person would have no determination to better the world, but would rather waste their time doing the same jobs for the remainder of their lives. This school gives the opportunity for everyone to attain a better education at very little cost. There is no reason someone shouldn't attend school, let alone this school with all the advantages that Santa Fe College gives.

Jordana

It is a brother school of the University of Florida. They just started several 4 year BAS programs.

I would inform myself not to give up my Junior year of high school. Though things will get rough and times will be changing, u must not give up. Do not get discouraged about what may come but stay positive. It's true what they say , you cannot further your education without completing high school. I know your not going to know what direction to go to but, what you have always wanted to do it truly not that hard to achieve. You can do it and You will!

Dustin

I go to Santa Fe College at the Watson Center, this is unique because it is small and almost like a tight knit family.

My college experience has given me an enormorous sense of accomplishment and self esteem. College has also been a huge discipline booster because it requires me to keep a timely schedule and my belongings and thoughts organized. During high school I always did just enough to get by with an A or a B and never truly applied myself. However, college is completely different. In college I am forced to actually use the brain God gave me! Which is wonderful because I am forced to come up with my own ideas and thoughts instead of coasting through school on memorization. The sense of accomplishment I have required from college is also incredible. My mother raised me as a single mom which was really difficult for my two sisters and I. Being enrolled in college makes her extremely proud of me. I have seen first hand what it is like to struggle through life because of the lack of higher education. I never want to live paycheck to paycheck, and all I want from college is the opportunity to obtain a degree to land a career to successfully provide for my future family.

School is very expensive, apply for all the scholarships you can while you are still in high school.

Norah

My college experience has been good for me in a number of ways. For one it has been so good to learn, there is so much to know out there and the more I study the more I realize how little I know. Also attending college has been quite good for me socially. As I meet lots of kinds of people, it broadens my social base andl helps me to appreciate the diversity around me. Another thing that has been good for me learning how to budget my time and money because I have to. Then of course attending college has helped me grow closer to Jesus Christ as I realize more distinctly my need for him and his help in my life.

Mansan

It is a really wonderful school for everyone beacuse most of classes are not really big, for that reason students can learn more than sitting in a 300 students class.

Most of my classmates are fun and interenting to work with as a group, and we help each others a lot on homework and classwork.

I had experienced living without my parent, and I am a single parent family so that I had kind of experienced how to control my times for my school and my home before hand. But in the main point living without my mom was just another situation. I had to go buy food on my own, cook food, push myself to study, and I need to save money. I couldn’t spend money like in the past. At last, I found out how hard was to for my mom to raise my big brother, who is attending in UF, and I at the same time, and she paid for college for both of us at the same time too.

LaTonya

Santa fe' College is great at giving you all the help you need. I have been to another college before in Ill. and i absolutely love SFC. The teachers are great at getting you the help you need in your course. Even other Professors are helpful in a subject that u are in, if they are well aware of that subject. I would surely suggest Santa fe' College to anyone who is looking to start out in a small classroom environment.

I have recieved alot of valuable information and eduation out of Santa Fe' College, especially my Critical Thinking class. This class along with the teacher has really helped me improved alot of things as far as writting papers and thinking in different aspects of things. College is not only a way to get a better job but its a way to really excel in everyday's life

I brag most about how the teachers are great at giving students the one on one time even if that student need it ever day. I have been blessed when it comes to professors giving me extra help on my courses.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.