Gainesville, FL
Santa Fe College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe College

Chlo?

My college experience thus far has been absolutely fabulous! During my time in college I have had amazing opportunities presented to me in the form of leadership. I was elected to the Student Senate at my school and have become a Student Ambassador meaning that I?ve been able to encourage prospective students to choose the college I attend. I chose a major that I knew would make me happy and that I could have fun with. That is key. If you choose a major you like, you will want to go to all of your classes because they interest you. Attending college has also been incredibly valuable as far as socializing. I decided to live on campus even though I had the choice to not do so. Living on campus has allowed me to meet and socialize with other people that have been born of different circumstances than myself. This alone has opened my eyes to the idea that there is so much more to college than just textbooks and general education classes. College will always be a valuable experience for me even if I decide to change my course of study or alter my life goals entirely.

Jasmine

Santa Fe is like home away from home. I have my own space but yet I'm not alone at the end of the day after atteding school. Further, my parents did not allow me to have a car my first year. Therefore the living arrangements being so close, afforded me the opportunity to be within walking distance of the school. Further, I am far enough home to say I went away to college, yet close enough to be home with in a couples hours.

My school is best known for being the "DUKE" of community colleges, eventhough just this past year it's now a four year state college. At my school I have the opportunity to get a great education in a small classroom setting. Sure, the University of Florida is within a few miles of my school; however, it can't offer the small class sizes or the opportunity to have immediate interaction with the professors when warranted or needed. This school is a great place to transition from home to living on your own.

Several thing come to mind, in answering this question. First, I have learned to live on my own, budget my monthly allowence and be responsible to and for mysellf. Secondly, I have learned how to share space with people other than my parents. At first, that was difficult, because I am a very tidy person and I had to realize that not all people like tidy spaces, so I resolved myself to making sure my space was always tidy. I now beleive, it's true what the addicts say about being presented with change. "You must accept those things that you can not change." That was a difficult task for me. Then I learned that college is just like high school when it comes to maintaining your academics and since that's a priority for me, I have now made it even more of a priority in college and that's working well for me, I have excelled in all my classes my first semester and I'm on track to do the same in my second semester. Simply put, I am excited about college, I love what it has offered me & I'm embracing what it will afford me.

Kristen

As a dual enrolled student this on campus experience has given me insight to the next level. previously i was dual enrolled in a computer lab at my high school.No comparison to the on campus situation where the level of learning is at a much higher level,and more interesting.

the diversity of programs offered

Iam a dual inrolled high school student and find the colleg setting fun ,and much more eduicational than the previous community college i attended

Damion

I have learned to be more goal oriented. I have learned to become focused and to not be easily distracted by my surroundings. These are all valuable in making me a harder worker and to help me strive towards achieving all of my goals no matter how hard to obtain or how far away they may see.

They don't offer loans to students who don't recieve as much on their federal and state aid.

Someone who is not very goal oriented and eaisly distracted.

Alyssa

I would give myself tons of advice. I would tell myself to go to school and not skip any days. I would tell myself that tests and homework are both very important. I would tell myself to study a lot more than I did. Also, two of the most important things I would tell myself is to actually take the ACT or SAT and to apply for scholarships early. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about what my friends think of me now because most of them aren't even in school now. Most importantly, school is the most important thing and I better do well.

Everyone should attend Santa Fe College. The school, right now, is an "open door" school meaning anyone can able. You need a dipolma or a GED for most of the school but there are programs for those who do not have a GED or high school dipolma.

Santa Fe was formily Santa Fe Community College but they are now just a college and they continue to get better and better!

I f I could go back and give myself one piece of advise I would say "Don't give up." At the time it seemed like a good thing to do, but quitting has been my biggest mistake. I would tell myself that education is the best gift you can give yourself. It has taken me time to learn this life lesson. Now that I have, I am determined to finish school successfully. After taking a "break" I believe that I am ready to better myself and continue my college experience. I now know what is really important, not parties or boys, or even a piece of paper. The skills and experiences that are gained in a classroom will continue to be a part of my life forever. As a high school senior I probably would not have listened to my older self. I would have said "yeah whatever." It was something I had to learn for myself, but I know this is true. Nothing in life is worth doing without the things I have learned and will continue to learn in college.

Hillary

My school is best know for being the school for students that want to go the University of Florda and was put on a waiting list or on a two -two. A two - two is two years community college and two years at a four year colllege.

If I could go back and talk to myself while I was a high school senior, I would make sure that I know that everything counts when you are trying to get into a good college. You just cannot have just good grades you also need community service and some sort of activity at the school to become a well rounded person. Knowing where you what direction you want to go in life helps but you have plenty of time to figure it out. Have fun and be serious when it come to your work, but remember it can be a life changing experence so make it a good one.

The most frustrating thing about attending school is getting up early and attending to my son after school is over. I regular day for me is getting myself and my son dressed and making sure that I am to the bus before seven a.m. I leave my son home with the sitter and I must be to school by eight a.m. My classes are over by four p.m. and I come home to my son and start any homework or study for any test that I may have. This is usually may frustrating day.

Hunter

I would go back and tell myself to take high schoold more seriously so that my gpa would be good enough to be able to qualify for the government scholorships that are given out just for decent grades. I figured that it would all be easy if I didnt get the scholorships but I was wrong...very wrong.

Any person who is wiling to strive to learn to be able to leave this college and do more than just function in normal society.

Any person who does not want to learn should not attend this school because this school is here to prepare the way for many who are willing and striving to learn.

Katherine

What is very unique about the school I attend is, its a small classroom setting. There is no more than 30 students in this classroom and I find it great because there is deffinetly not as many distractions as there could be, such as a University. Not that its a bad thing, I just tend to stay focused better.

If I could go back, I would tell myself that even though you are going into a totally different school setting with people I don't and won't know it will all be worth it. I would tell myself not to let friends or family to stop me. This is my career path and my choice that I want to accomplish. I would also tell myself not to wait a year or two to go on to college, go the fall semester after I graduate High School!

I wish that I would've known not to be so nervous and scared. It is still a classroom setting with a teacher and they will help you achieve your goal in passing that class, as long as you show them you are.

Richard

Funny, dedicated and motivated.

Funny, dedicated and motivated.

I would go back to high school and tell myself that college is a completly different beast and that even though I didn't have to study in high school and still make A's and B's and get extensions on assignments just because I was SGA president and knew all the teachers that I would have to do all the things I was told I needed to do to succeed in school. I would also say that when others come to ask for help or advice that I need to follow the advice that I give them to ensure I can be as successful as I am helping them be.

Not enough scholarships for non-students which are going to school, working full-time and taking care of their family.

Santa Fe College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.