Santa Fe College Top Questions

Nichole

The amount of student involvement that the school promotes makes the school stands out compared to any other school I've visited.

Kiefer

Our school offers the best program to transfer to the University of Florida as a transfer student within the shortest period of time. Santa Fe is fantastic at teaching you the general education topics and allowing you to grasp ahold of what exactly you would like to do in your life as you continue your academic career. The administration is friendly and cooperative with all the students who have larger plans then what are at Santa Fe, and they accept the challenge to help all at completely their specific goals.

Jordana

It is a brother school of the University of Florida. They just started several 4 year BAS programs.

Dustin

I go to Santa Fe College at the Watson Center, this is unique because it is small and almost like a tight knit family.

LaTonya

Santa fe' College is great at giving you all the help you need. I have been to another college before in Ill. and i absolutely love SFC. The teachers are great at getting you the help you need in your course. Even other Professors are helpful in a subject that u are in, if they are well aware of that subject. I would surely suggest Santa fe' College to anyone who is looking to start out in a small classroom environment.

curnika

Santa Fe is a diverse school that has many oppurtunities for you to prosper in many ways

Santa Fe is like home away from home. I have my own space but yet I'm not alone at the end of the day after atteding school. Further, my parents did not allow me to have a car my first year. Therefore the living arrangements being so close, afforded me the opportunity to be within walking distance of the school. Further, I am far enough home to say I went away to college, yet close enough to be home with in a couples hours.

What is very unique about the school I attend is, its a small classroom setting. There is no more than 30 students in this classroom and I find it great because there is deffinetly not as many distractions as there could be, such as a University. Not that its a bad thing, I just tend to stay focused better.

Tatiana

Well for a person really wanting to transfer to UF this is the place to be. Also Santa Fe is in the top ten community colleges in the nation.

Sasha

Santa Fe embraces diversity and it is shown through out campus. The staff is evely dispersed as far as ethnicity, which makes students of different cultures feel comfortable no matter what office they may enter. Specifically, the Office of Diversity is very helpful with catering to students. In my first semester of college, I was not finacially able to pay over $100 for a calculator, the office let me borrow one for the semester at no cost. Another unique thing about Santa Fe is that some of the professors also teach at the University of Florida.

K.

My school was a community college but is now a four year university but it still has the small classes and the small school feel.

Angel

Compared to other schools I've considered, my school has an unique method of obtaining a degree. For instance, at my school I have the option to take any class I wish to take just as long as it's in my degree field.

Reba

I did not sonsider many other schools. However Santa Fe had more classes than the other school i had considered.

Before I transferred to Santa Fe I went to another community college and it was no where near as difficult as Santa Fe. There are teachers from the University of Florida that also teach at Santa Fe and it helps a lot. They teach the same way so we are prepared for the level of difficulty that UF will give us. It gives us a challenge.

The classes are small and convenient. There is normally a 30 student max so I never feel overwhelmed or embarrassed to ask a question.

There is a surprising wide-range of AS, AAS, and VC degrees/certificates available. It is one of the few schools that offer zoology. It has a great and knowledgeable staff, and offers many programs to involve students no matter your status or standing. It also has a better Networking and Internet Service Tech programs (Not to be confused with Computer Sciences) than the next-door and prestigous University of Florida.