Santa Fe College Top Questions

Tom

At this stage in your life, it may seem as though future challenges and obligations, like getting accepted to college, earning your degree, and finding a job that you enjoy and that pays you what you deserve are a long way off. And, that's ok; you likely haven't yet had experiences that would prepare you for the difficulty of these challenges. You should trust me when I tell you, though, that these challenges are coming, and they are more difficult and will arrive sooner than you can imagine. So, you can do yourself a tremendous favor by preparing now. Discipline yourself not to procrastinate, to put your very best effort academically, and to plan ahead. Study hard and earn the best grades you can. Learn to manage your time. Doing so now will give you advantages in the future that reward you for the rest of your life, while not doing so will result in disadvantages that you may very well regret for the rest of your life. It's your life, and you should enjoy it. But don't allow your pursuit of happiness now to cheat you out of long-term happiness in the future.

Nichole

I would let myself know about the hardships. Not just the academic part, but the real world part. I would let myself know that I would be supporting 99{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my funds for school, housing, bills, food, etc. I would advise myself to get any type of work experience before moving away because there's no one who has the finances to help me. I would tell myself that it wouldn't be completely horrible because there are support systems away from home (i.e. church), so I wouldn't feel lonely). I would tell my younger self that no matter how hard it is, giving up is not an option because the end result is so rewarding. I would finally let my younger seld know that college life will be the first time in a long time that I felt that I belonged somewhere, that my grades would be so much better, and that everything that happened before will not matter because the future is so much brighter moving onto college.

Mel

C's do not get you degrees. I was a smart individual in High School. I took college courses starting 11th grade, but was so focused on being a regular high school student that I didn't put much effort into my studies. I'm disappointed in the high school version of me because I gave into peer pressure and instead of working a little harder in my classes to get better grades, I did the bare minimum just to be able to attend the "parties" and outings with my friends. Yeah I have the great memories but now those grades are haunting my transcript and I'm not able to enjoy life to the fullest in my 20's because of my silly mistakes in high school. I would trade in those juvenile memories for better grades any day.

courtney

I would tell myself not to worry too much about being the best because once you start college you get a new slate and everything that you did in high school such as volunteering and joining clubs does not matter or jeporadize you not graduating high school.

Alexa

If I could go back and give myself as a high school senior some advice, I would have told me to keep my grades up better. I would have said to get involved more in school, join a sport, pay attention more in class. All through high school I moved around a lot, went to 4 different high schools total, and slacked a lot and was always behind. If I had the chance, I would have gave myself a pep talk, told myself to pick it up and quit the slacking. Maybe I could have gotten academic scholarships for my outstanding grades, sports scholarships. I had it in me I just never applied myself.

Peace

Collee life is not exactly the most pleasant stage of anyone's life, especially when you have very little financial support. I definitely have adviced the high school senior me to spend more time searching for scholarships and spending more time volunteering. I spend most of my time studying and recieving lectures, I barely remember what time it is. I will definitely advice the younger me to spend more time exploring and taking trips because I really cannot take them anymore. I believe transitint ng into college is a very important step, I would advice the younger me to spend more time looking into Ivy league colleges tinihan and the possibility of gaining admission into one of them.

chase

I would have advised my younger self to start applying for grants, financial aid and and worrying about my future more. I would have told myself to look at other colleges around the country and apply to all of them. I applied to few colleges when I was in high school and ended up going to a community college not far from where I grew up. This decision was filled with regret as I scrolled through my Facebook feed seeing all my friends move onto the college of their dreams meeting new people. Time went by and I accumulated college credits but I was not in the least bit satisfied. I eventually moved to Orange Park to finish out my AA at St. Johns River State College which was another horrible experience. I am applying for this scholarship because I have a dream of going to Full Sail in Orlando for their Recording Arts Bachelor's program so that I can become a sound engineer. Having trouble affording the expensive college, I am vigorously applying for as many scholarship programs as possible. I am determined to be successful, and I believe Full Sail will help me with my dream.

leslie

If I were to go back and talk I would sit myself down and tell my highschool self to take a grip and do not over complicate college. I would have to elaborate how college will not be simple but it will grant many experiences than that of highschool. There is far more vast diversity of people and classes that it could overwhelm a few. But if you savor every class and friends you meet along the way, it makes it so much more of an experience that you cannot find nowhere else. I would tell myself that I would meet new and exciting friends who would influence my life to a great extent, that professors are the coolest people you would ever meet who know so much, and be part of many on-campus activities helping the community here in Gainesville. As a last word of wisdom to my younger self, "savor college, don't swallow it like a pill".

Alexzandra

I would tell myself to join clubs and try to get involved with the school more. I also would tell myself to relax and be calm because a lot of the people are nice and can be very friendly. I know that college takes up a lot of time so I would need to know how to manage my time better. I also would tell myself not to rush to look for a job because it is better to get aquinted with a school schedule and habits without work being thrown into the mix. Overall I would tell myself to just enjoy college as much as possible because the time goes by very quickly.

Laureen

Just be you Kelsey, stay strong when the rest are weak. You're going to have difficulties finding yourself this year. Your friends are separating into different groups, people are going their seperate ways and making plans for their futures but have faith and be steady and strong in the fact that who know who holds your future and you know God has some amazing plans for your life. Be true to yourself, don't believe everything you hear. People will lie to your face, don't be gullable. Pick a good prom date, give Tyler Mobley (and him only) the time of day because you end up falling in love with him, and take more dual-enrollment classes because you'll regret it later! Spend time with Ashley at school everyday because you'll really miss her when she's gone and definitely come home on prom night, don't stay at the beach and don't try anything you think you will regret later in life. Love yourself for who you are and stay bold for Christ. You're different for a reason, your life is your testimony. Let your light shine every single day, stay strong girl!

yves

My name is Yves. I am currently enrolled at the University of Arizona for the fall semester 2012. To me, if I could go back in the time and talk about my high school senior I think I would seriously take in charge my future. Although I’m from Africa and even though our educational system is quite different from the system in the United States, we still have the same objectives and privileges which are studying hard to reach your goal and be successful. As a result, according to my college experience, I would teach to myself numerous rules to follow and a line of conduct to success in that environment. We all know how intense and competitive college is which mixed with various temptations (drug, alcohool…). Because of a lack of financial resources, I didn’t go further to reach my dreams and today is a blessing for me that the USA is giving me a chance to do well and realize my dreams. Now I have hope that I can compete with other students of my generations and with the same chances. In other terms, this transition would be suitable only if I do the right thing.

Rachael

Senior Me: You're a pretty good kid, and you know it. Still, I have a few suggestions I believe you should take to heart. Foremost, accept that you are going to change. You don’t like change, but you can’t help it, even within yourself. It’s okay--whether you stop liking certain kind of food, or change your plans for the future. Don't be ashamed Also, trust that some things will work themselves out. Have more faith in God and yourself. Do not push people just because you’re afraid they won’t understand or invest in the things you feel are important. You can’t change someone else’s heart, and there are people and circumstances out there that fit into your heart perfectly. In closing, senior me, remember that you can change the world no matter what field you go into. You don’t have to wait until you graduate to start helping people and accomplishing your dreams. Also, if you suddenly realize you’re studying something that no longer seems relevant, don’t panic. You can learn a lesson that will help you through out your life even in the most bizarre circumstances.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself during my senior year of High School, I would tell myself to find a balance between my studies, my extracurricular activities and work. I would put more of an emphasis on learning how to study for tests and allowing more time for school work. I would tell myself that getting involed in school activities is a great way to meet new people but that I shouldn't let it become a priority over increasing my GPA. And finally, I would tell myself that limiting my availability at work would have allowed me to focus on my educational priorities more.

Kiefer

As a retrospective view, if I had the opportunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would said "Be patient". The world is about the here-and-now perspective, and it is viral and will surround you. Don’t let it. The transition is easier than you think, but being able to control your dreams and understanding that each goal you have is apart of a much larger route is crucial to success. Your goals are important, using an analogy I would relate them to footsteps on a pathway to happiness. You take your steps normally and each one is towards your destined location. But if you decided to take the wrong pathway that seems less traveled, it can lead you through a strange time but it will be for your benefit to be patient. The road less traveled is never easier nor always harder, but being patient in college is what is vital to your happiness. Your goals should't be always to look ahead because a thousand futures do not make a single day, but a thousand days create a single future. Stay patient and in the moment, you will overtake all over your struggles.

Francesca

If I could go back as a high school senior, I would advise myself to not take everything so seriously and enjoy high school a little more than I did. I feel that high school doesn't really prepare you for college, other than getting you accepted to one. The amount of reading and studying in college is not even close to the way things work in high school. I graduated in the top 15{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of my class with a 3.8 GPA and college was still a complete shock as far as the dynamics of classes. I took myself so seriously that I didn't allow myself to open up and just enjoy being an 18 year old. There are many times that I wish I would've went to more bonfires, tailgates, etc. rather than being so focused on school. However, if I were different I would not have been able to attend UCF for two years, and receive the amazing college experiences I've been given. I am very thankful I am so driven and make school number one because I am determined to be the best paramedic so that I can help others and save lives.

Lourdes

For having a college career and being the first generation in college, I will tell myself how to succeed in college because no one told me about how college works. At the same time, I will tell myself different free scholaships for succesful students like me with a 3.40 high school GPA.

Akhtar

I have always tried to keep myself focused on my education so that i can score good and get some scholarships. Unfortunately, i had some flaws like everyone does. I couldn't focus on finishing my homeworks on time or just not well oriented. So now if i could go back, i would advice myself to be organized than i was and keep track of when a homework would be due or when i would have a test.

Matthew

If I were permitted to go back in time and give myself future-knowledge of what would happen to me, my life would be very different from today. The first thing I would tell myself is to focus all resources (money, time, work) toward schooling rather than attempting to set my setting (home/possessions) up for the future. Schooling is extremely important and is now a mandatory requirement just to even be glanced over as a potential candidate for any high-paying job. The second thing I'd tell myself is to set a planned goal to achieve a set ratio of classes taken per semester to ensure that I can get school over with and begin my career as soon as possible. At the moment, I am working near full-time and am attempting to fit college in when I can, the reverse is what I'd tell myself to do. I would definitely tell myself to go full-time with school, and make sure that work stayed part time. Nothing is more important than your education in the developmental years of your life. The key to success is through education and determination, as I would note to myself.

Jordana

I would inform myself not to give up my Junior year of high school. Though things will get rough and times will be changing, u must not give up. Do not get discouraged about what may come but stay positive. It's true what they say , you cannot further your education without completing high school. I know your not going to know what direction to go to but, what you have always wanted to do it truly not that hard to achieve. You can do it and You will!

Dustin

My college experience has given me an enormorous sense of accomplishment and self esteem. College has also been a huge discipline booster because it requires me to keep a timely schedule and my belongings and thoughts organized. During high school I always did just enough to get by with an A or a B and never truly applied myself. However, college is completely different. In college I am forced to actually use the brain God gave me! Which is wonderful because I am forced to come up with my own ideas and thoughts instead of coasting through school on memorization. The sense of accomplishment I have required from college is also incredible. My mother raised me as a single mom which was really difficult for my two sisters and I. Being enrolled in college makes her extremely proud of me. I have seen first hand what it is like to struggle through life because of the lack of higher education. I never want to live paycheck to paycheck, and all I want from college is the opportunity to obtain a degree to land a career to successfully provide for my future family.

Norah

My college experience has been good for me in a number of ways. For one it has been so good to learn, there is so much to know out there and the more I study the more I realize how little I know. Also attending college has been quite good for me socially. As I meet lots of kinds of people, it broadens my social base andl helps me to appreciate the diversity around me. Another thing that has been good for me learning how to budget my time and money because I have to. Then of course attending college has helped me grow closer to Jesus Christ as I realize more distinctly my need for him and his help in my life.

Mansan

I had experienced living without my parent, and I am a single parent family so that I had kind of experienced how to control my times for my school and my home before hand. But in the main point living without my mom was just another situation. I had to go buy food on my own, cook food, push myself to study, and I need to save money. I couldn’t spend money like in the past. At last, I found out how hard was to for my mom to raise my big brother, who is attending in UF, and I at the same time, and she paid for college for both of us at the same time too.

LaTonya

I have recieved alot of valuable information and eduation out of Santa Fe' College, especially my Critical Thinking class. This class along with the teacher has really helped me improved alot of things as far as writting papers and thinking in different aspects of things. College is not only a way to get a better job but its a way to really excel in everyday's life

curnika

Experience and Knowledge

Chlo?

My college experience thus far has been absolutely fabulous! During my time in college I have had amazing opportunities presented to me in the form of leadership. I was elected to the Student Senate at my school and have become a Student Ambassador meaning that I?ve been able to encourage prospective students to choose the college I attend. I chose a major that I knew would make me happy and that I could have fun with. That is key. If you choose a major you like, you will want to go to all of your classes because they interest you. Attending college has also been incredibly valuable as far as socializing. I decided to live on campus even though I had the choice to not do so. Living on campus has allowed me to meet and socialize with other people that have been born of different circumstances than myself. This alone has opened my eyes to the idea that there is so much more to college than just textbooks and general education classes. College will always be a valuable experience for me even if I decide to change my course of study or alter my life goals entirely.

Jasmine

Several thing come to mind, in answering this question. First, I have learned to live on my own, budget my monthly allowence and be responsible to and for mysellf. Secondly, I have learned how to share space with people other than my parents. At first, that was difficult, because I am a very tidy person and I had to realize that not all people like tidy spaces, so I resolved myself to making sure my space was always tidy. I now beleive, it's true what the addicts say about being presented with change. "You must accept those things that you can not change." That was a difficult task for me. Then I learned that college is just like high school when it comes to maintaining your academics and since that's a priority for me, I have now made it even more of a priority in college and that's working well for me, I have excelled in all my classes my first semester and I'm on track to do the same in my second semester. Simply put, I am excited about college, I love what it has offered me & I'm embracing what it will afford me.

Kristen

As a dual enrolled student this on campus experience has given me insight to the next level. previously i was dual enrolled in a computer lab at my high school.No comparison to the on campus situation where the level of learning is at a much higher level,and more interesting.

Damion

I have learned to be more goal oriented. I have learned to become focused and to not be easily distracted by my surroundings. These are all valuable in making me a harder worker and to help me strive towards achieving all of my goals no matter how hard to obtain or how far away they may see.

Alyssa

I would give myself tons of advice. I would tell myself to go to school and not skip any days. I would tell myself that tests and homework are both very important. I would tell myself to study a lot more than I did. Also, two of the most important things I would tell myself is to actually take the ACT or SAT and to apply for scholarships early. I would also tell myself not to worry so much about what my friends think of me now because most of them aren't even in school now. Most importantly, school is the most important thing and I better do well.

I f I could go back and give myself one piece of advise I would say "Don't give up." At the time it seemed like a good thing to do, but quitting has been my biggest mistake. I would tell myself that education is the best gift you can give yourself. It has taken me time to learn this life lesson. Now that I have, I am determined to finish school successfully. After taking a "break" I believe that I am ready to better myself and continue my college experience. I now know what is really important, not parties or boys, or even a piece of paper. The skills and experiences that are gained in a classroom will continue to be a part of my life forever. As a high school senior I probably would not have listened to my older self. I would have said "yeah whatever." It was something I had to learn for myself, but I know this is true. Nothing in life is worth doing without the things I have learned and will continue to learn in college.

Hillary

If I could go back and talk to myself while I was a high school senior, I would make sure that I know that everything counts when you are trying to get into a good college. You just cannot have just good grades you also need community service and some sort of activity at the school to become a well rounded person. Knowing where you what direction you want to go in life helps but you have plenty of time to figure it out. Have fun and be serious when it come to your work, but remember it can be a life changing experence so make it a good one.

Hunter

I would go back and tell myself to take high schoold more seriously so that my gpa would be good enough to be able to qualify for the government scholorships that are given out just for decent grades. I figured that it would all be easy if I didnt get the scholorships but I was wrong...very wrong.

Katherine

If I could go back, I would tell myself that even though you are going into a totally different school setting with people I don't and won't know it will all be worth it. I would tell myself not to let friends or family to stop me. This is my career path and my choice that I want to accomplish. I would also tell myself not to wait a year or two to go on to college, go the fall semester after I graduate High School!

Richard

I would go back to high school and tell myself that college is a completly different beast and that even though I didn't have to study in high school and still make A's and B's and get extensions on assignments just because I was SGA president and knew all the teachers that I would have to do all the things I was told I needed to do to succeed in school. I would also say that when others come to ask for help or advice that I need to follow the advice that I give them to ensure I can be as successful as I am helping them be.

Christopher

My high school senior counterpart and I are only a year apart but I have learned so much now that I wish I had known back then. The most important thing I would tell myself is exactly what I wanted to pursue as a major. My major was something I had struggled to decide on as a senior and I ended up picking Film. It would take a couple of classes at a community college's film school for me to learn just how bad of a decision I had made. I had not only wasted a couple thousand but had sacrified my time and health to pursue the Film major. I sat down one night and really thought, "What do I love to do?" It was then I realized I wanted to help people. So now with a renewed spirit, I want to ditch the community college scene and go to a university. But universities are more expensive so I need a scholarship. With that in mind I would tell myself this, "Hey, Chris, your future lies in teaching. Go out and apply for scholarships now and stop wasting your time away. If you want to succeed, start today."

Ryan

Most definetly, take as much science and math as possible and know it well. Understand how and why things work and never be afraid to ask questions. There is always an answer out there, and sometimes when finding the answer one must be head-strong and tenacious. The reward is not only the answer but the gratification of hard work and knowing you did a job well done it took to get that answer. Another thing that is important is to try to become as independant as possible. Being in college isn't simply a time to become knowledgable in a certain field or fields, but more importantly it is a time to make the transition into adulthood and become independant. Take the advantage of this time and do as much on your own as possible. If you are in question about anything, as I noted before, find the answer - there is always one out there. If all else fails, ask your parents.

Douglas

My first and foremost piece of advice would be to do your very best in every aspect of high school since your college life will be much more enjoyable. To add, the simplest, but yet most overlooked guideline is to slow down, loosen up, and really dig into yourself as a person to discover who you are, what you want to do, and over all, who you want to be. In this way, you set a goal for yourself to really strive for instead of being dropped into college with no idea of your future except what other people are telling you. Think outside of the box instead of staying trapped in it with voices from outside pressuring you to do this activity, take this class, or pursue that career. The most important part of college is not to be overloaded with schoolwork, get great grades, or party your brains out; it is to transition from the life of the dependent and reliant follower to the life of a strong and self-sufficient leader.

Spencer

If i were to go back in time to see myself in high school the first thing that i would tell myself is not to blow off the college classes that i was taking to make college a little easier when i get there. The next and most important thing I would tell myself would be not to live with regruets in college, it is a time to have fun and enjoy everything happenes for a reason. The biggest thing I would stress to myself would be to concentrate on school more and not make it so hard on myself to get into The University of Florida when I try and transfer. Above all live, learn, have fun, and learn from your mistakes.

If I was allowed to go back in time I would tell myself to work harder at my advanced classes, pay more attention, study harder, and to go above and beyond. I would like to describe that college isn't a walk in the park and the college credit I would recieve for passing my Advanced courses would save me time and money. I would also tell myself to enjoy my last year because the real world is difficult, and that no one is going to hold my hand through the tough parts. I would also tell myself that hard work will pay off in the end.

Jaclyn

I would definitely go back and ask myself not to slack off at all because schooling gets more and more competitive to get into each year. I also would've probably gotten another part time job and saved money up for college living. I had no inkling of how expensive college could be for students. Even things I used to consider simple, such as eating, are now a huge responsibility. I also would've liked to be more active in on campus events or clubs. I was in a few clubs but never made it to officer status due to work. I feel like that would've benefitted me more in the long run when applying to Universities. Don't attempt to live with your friends! That is the biggest mistake any college student can make. Friends and money do not mix. I've ruined two friendships by living the people that were close to me. Find an apartment/house with a good landlord. Someone who actually cares about the upkeep of your apartment/house will make your life so much easier in college. Study hard, but don't forget to play just as hard as you study.

Jake

The advice I would give myself would be to plan ahead, study hard, to not make your junior year english teacher mad at you, and to not procrastinate. To plan ahead so that I could finish high school with more prestige and more merit than I did. Does that mean I performed poorly in high school? No it does not, it only means that I could have done better. I would tell myself to study hard, that those freshman classes do matter, and making better grades would make a difference. Another piece advice would to be to not make your english professor mad because she will grade your papers much more strict. The last piece of advice i would give myself, would be to not procrastinate. Just because I could get away with writing a paper the morning it was due, does not make it right and should be avoided at all costs. When I procrastinate, I am not giving the assignment my all. When I look back at my high school career, the areas I am not proud of , are the areas I would caution myself against doing. Those areas are areas I wish I could have changed.

Kay-Dean

It's an wonderful experience have fun but study hard at the sametime. Freshman year is the most important year in college so make it count.

Kofi

Well know how college is now what I would first tell myself is to organize my life and keep is organized based on reason. We all organize ourselves based on what we think are prioritized objectives, but I would emphasize on using reason in my descision making. Organize my time around the objective at hand wich is school, money will come in time but if time is wasted money will be lost. Another thing is to be focused, on the objective of graduationg with a certain standing to move on to the next step. School is a large pie that needs to be swallowed in bites but don't draw it out making bites bits and bits. Last piece of advise I would give myself is tostay hungry and never satisfied with setteling. The good thing about learning is it never stops.

Bretton

After high school, I worked full time and went to school at Edison State College part time. After a year of that, I enlisted in the Army and served six years. I quickly became a Sergeant in the Army and worked in military intelligence. As a Sergeant, I frequently found myself training Lieutenants and Captains. On some occasions I even ended up doing their job for far less compensation and respect. If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to go straight to college and then join the Army as a commissioned officer. That way, I would have the greatest opportunity to lead soldiers and be compensated for my intellect and the hard work that I devote to everything I do. I also have wished that I could go back to when I was a High School freshmen to explain the importance of hard work to myself. Unfortunately, most students have great talents but do not realize their true potential until they put a solid work ethic into practice.

Tatiana

First of all never base your decision solely on financial issues. Second it is way cheaper to buy textbooks online and if you want to earn more money it is also better to sell online or even better through websites like uloop where the website doesn't take commission. Living off campus is actually less stressful thamn living in campus, if you receive financial aid make sure you save enough to last you for at least one month for the following semester because the financial aid office may not disperse the money until three weeks into the semester. The last thing I would tell myself is to enjoy it.

Malcom

Over the past four years of my life I have grown a lot. I have learned lessons that my parents have attempted to teach me, but could only be learned through experience. If I had the opportunity to go back in time and speak with my former-self, I would emphasize many, if not all, of these life lessons. The first lesson I would preach to myself about is the importance of my education. I have an extremely high regard for my education now that real-life experiences have shown me where not being educated could leave me. I would also point out that college is of a completely different realm than high school. Only the best students, not necessarily the smartest, make it to, and succeed in, the college environment. Therefore, discipline and hard work are instrumental in successfully achieving a sound college education. Hopefully these lessons would make an impact and show my younger self what I should really be working on at that point in time.

Sasha

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take school more seriously. In high school I was aware that my future awaited, but I didn't realize how soon it would take effect. I would also tell myself that the grades that I make in high school WILL definitely affect me in college whether high or low. Most importantly ,I would tell myself not to worry about trying to be the most popular girl or the homecoming queen, because it doesn't matter in college.

K.

I need you to understand the true importance of a good education. Your grades, your conduct, where you choose to volunteer, even the clubs you participate in will effect you. What you learn or don't learn in school will determine your entire life course and future. The decisions you make now will determine whether you are the one who runs the coorporation or the one who cleans it. Listen to your Mom and Dad because they love you and want what's best for you.

Jamie

I would tell myself to be more open to diversity. I grew up in a small town that was not really diverse. When I went to college it was so wierd to see all these different people that I wasn't used to seeing everyday. I know see the greatness of being diverse and open to all other traditions, cultures, & beliefs.

Katie

If I were to go back to my high school senior year I would give myself advice on everything from money, to considering many different colleges campuses. Like most college students, money is one of the most stressful things for me, and I have experienced this full force my freshman year. I would advised myself to apply for more scholarships and seek out other funding options. I would give this advice because now I am in college and have to work fulltime at a local daycare in Gainesville. Luckily Santa Fe offers many classes after 5pm, allowing me to work while also going to school fulltime. So if I had had the knowledge I have now, it would have made the transition and my time here much more enjoyable. I also would have told myself in high school to look at a variety of schools. Because now from traveling and meeting new people I have set a goal to go to Florida State University this upcoming fall. This Scholarship would allow me to go to my dream school and not have to work fulltime in order to pay for the high cost of tuition, books and simply just living.