Santa Fe, NM
Santa Fe University of Art and Design

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santa Fe University of Art and Design

Shawn

It was more Self-Design, from where my knowledge came from. Though, the professors are always more than willing to support/mentor projects because of the small class size. The reason as to why I give a low rating is because Laureate did not properly manage their resources, and are closing the school in a year. They gave 2 months notice to the entire school, and faculty/staff were fired left and right.

Belinda

This university is extremely diverse, the professors and students make this university a fun place to be. Creativity is encouraged and the staff push you past your comfort zone and limits to help you succeed. The campus is the perfect size for a small school, collaborations are encouraged with other majors which makes becoming successful one step easier.

Kevin

I am an older student returning to college after 23 years of professional life. My main reason for choosing this school was its relative low-class size and quality of facilities available to students. I am in the film program, and in the summer heading into my junior year, the Film School here hooked me up with a large, Hollywood movie production where I interned for 8 days and had the opportunity to work alongside such Hollywood A-List celebs as Tommy Lee Jones, Rene Russo, and Morgan Freeman. I was able to watch up close the writer-director of the film "Bull Durham" direct on set, and I came away with not just great professional experience but established professional contacts via Linked In with Hollywood Producers. The film program here at SFUAD has not let me down! I've still four more semesters to go before completion of my degree, and I am already on the short-list of students to get the opportunity to work on 'above the line' roles such as Editor, Producer, Writer, Director, on large budget film production the school sponsors every year, and participate in a personalized mentor program with an established feature film professional. I couldn't be more excited to see what NEXT year will bring!

Amber

Great campus with passionate teachers and great school life. Although the food isn't the best, the classes are small and focused on what you want to do in your field. Most students are friendly although some are cocky. Housing is decent but they have a slight issue with ants getting into the dorm rooms. You won't find another school like it!

Caleb

My only real complaint is that some of the other classes aren't always up to par with the rest of the curriculum. However, it is also up to the student to make the best out of the situation and learn despite the flaws in the system. So i suppose my complaint is void depending on the perspective of the individual.

I would say don't take any guff from anyone. If there is something you want to learn, you search until you find it. Don't let yourself get swayed off by half ass teachers. Don't be afraid to make mistakes because they are all apart of growing up. Practice makes perfect, and it's a process so ease into it; don't force your way through because you'll only end up hurting yourself in the end. Do NOT put off until tomorrow what can be done today! Discipline is of the utmost importance and laziness is unnecessary and will only lead to trouble. The time to grow up is now. It's time to break out of your shell and make connections, because relationships with people are important and there is always something to be learned. Knowledge is everywhere, you just have to open your eyes. Don't be afraid of the world, embrace it and make it your own.

The program I am currently enrolled in is more versitile than those of the other colleges I was previously looking at. I am able to fully embrace and experience the absolute all that is the industry in which I wish to be involved in. The focus of the program is not on a single skill, but on the entirety of the business. Therefore, the student should graduate a jack of all trades with exirence in all areas of the field.

Allison

This school is very artistic, has intersting people, but it feels more like high school.

First off, I would say apply for more scholarships. There are so many out there that I didn't know existed, or that were easy to apply for. Doing this probably would have saved me a ton of money. Second, pack half of the clothes that you think you're going to want to wear. Towards the middle of the semester, you're just trying to make it to class on time. So you throw on the first thing you grab. And no one cares what you wear. Most people tend to wear pjs. Third, just relax. College is not a huge deal. It's important, but it will be okay. Have fun, take pictures, and just relax.

There are too many smokers on campus and no enforcement of the 20 foot rule.

Keisha

Well my classmates are artists, they do what they want how they want and aren't afraid to show who they really are.

If I could go back in time and give myself advice for college I would first slap myself and tell me to get it together. So in saying that i would go up to mysef and saysomething like this. Keisha, you need to get your act together. College is something special and unfortunatly you can't pay for it out of your own pocket or moms pocket. So what you need to do is apply for scholarships like crazy because there are thousands probably even millions of seniors this year who are going to be applying for the same scholarships as you and it wont be easy getting a late start. However, you do get into the college of your dreams and you make a lot of great friends. You'll love living on campus and staying up late to finish priojects with friends. But hate having to wake up in under eight hours of sleep to go to class. You will want to run home to mom but, you can't it's time to grow up. So start now that way its a little bit easier when the time comes.

When I tell prople about my school I brag about how small the school is. The school is about 800 students! I love it because it allows for personal attention when needed by teacher to student. I brag about how amazing the school is they have so many different programs for you to choose from it almost makes you want to change your major just because you can. All of their technologies are up to date which allows for better learning. But mostly its nit big and crowded. It's a private college and its the perfect size.

Hamilton

Be true to yourself, know what you are doing and be true about it. Be strong, it's going to get tougher quickly. I know you know it's coming but you can't prepare yourself for it. You think you can but you truly cannot. You forsee yourself getting broken and you know it's coming and you think you are ready. You aren't. Imagining the truest pain doesn't even compare to having it wash over you completely and engulf your entire reality. Just keep your head high, and walk tough. It is a hard world when you know your mother is dying; it is harder when it happens.

The professors, in the departments, seem to be really knowledgable. They have been working in their respective fields and being successful in them. They have a lot of information to give you, if you decide to take it seriously.

The administration can be slightly dumb sometimes, they just don't seem to understand the problem that you have. Which means that they don't know how to help. And the housing requirements are a little wonky.

Julia

Someone who is open to creativity and being an individual among friends is best suited for Santa Fe University of Art and Design (new name). They have to be the kind of person who enjoys the simplicty in life and wants to achieve goals in the art of their choice by being around those that understand them and want to see them do well. A person who wants to be a part of an actuall community, not a number, but a name and a face.

Individual creativity molded into a fantastic assortment of life through art.

Joycelyn

A very outgoing, friendly, positive bubbly person does the best in our school. Everyone is very, very friendly and goes out of thier way to make you feel at home. The town is great and has a tremendous amount of opportunities in the culture department. I felt right at home. I am from the south and my home town is known for its hospitality and friendliness. Being at the College of Santa Fe was very much like being in my home town.

I have learned a new independence and self reliance. I am 1500 miles from home and have had to manage my own finances and handle my own issues for the first time. It has been a trying time but also a very rewarding time. I have met many people and made many contacts in the field I have chosen which I believe will take me far when I am done with college. My teachers, for the most part are awesome and have encouraged me as a person and as a student. They have helped me tremendously in auditions and in my classes. I have also learned that it is not always someone else's fault but usually my own if I fail to perform as expected. The first semester was rough but I have learned a great deal and know that the upcoming semester and the rest of my college career will go much smoother. I have a greater respect for the performing arts and realize the talent, dedication and hard work it takes to make it. I have also realized that I want to work with the directing and production as well as performing aspects of Theater and film.

We are a fairly small school and a true family. Everyone knows everyone else and there is a lot of support between the students. The school throws many mixers, particularly for the incoming freshman so that they can meet everyone. Regardless of the discipline you choose all departments work together in many ways and the school is very encouraging, very hospitable, liberal and has some truly awesome programs. Many of the other schools I looked at had a very clear division between the various majors where students did not mix. The staff and faculty encouraged this.

Santa Fe University of Art and Design administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.