Santa Fe University of Art and Design Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Santa Fe University of Art and Design

Amber

Great campus with passionate teachers and great school life. Although the food isn't the best, the classes are small and focused on what you want to do in your field. Most students are friendly although some are cocky. Housing is decent but they have a slight issue with ants getting into the dorm rooms. You won't find another school like it!

Shawn

It was more Self-Design, from where my knowledge came from. Though, the professors are always more than willing to support/mentor projects because of the small class size. The reason as to why I give a low rating is because Laureate did not properly manage their resources, and are closing the school in a year. They gave 2 months notice to the entire school, and faculty/staff were fired left and right.

Kevin

I am an older student returning to college after 23 years of professional life. My main reason for choosing this school was its relative low-class size and quality of facilities available to students. I am in the film program, and in the summer heading into my junior year, the Film School here hooked me up with a large, Hollywood movie production where I interned for 8 days and had the opportunity to work alongside such Hollywood A-List celebs as Tommy Lee Jones, Rene Russo, and Morgan Freeman. I was able to watch up close the writer-director of the film "Bull Durham" direct on set, and I came away with not just great professional experience but established professional contacts via Linked In with Hollywood Producers. The film program here at SFUAD has not let me down! I've still four more semesters to go before completion of my degree, and I am already on the short-list of students to get the opportunity to work on 'above the line' roles such as Editor, Producer, Writer, Director, on large budget film production the school sponsors every year, and participate in a personalized mentor program with an established feature film professional. I couldn't be more excited to see what NEXT year will bring!

Belinda

This university is extremely diverse, the professors and students make this university a fun place to be. Creativity is encouraged and the staff push you past your comfort zone and limits to help you succeed. The campus is the perfect size for a small school, collaborations are encouraged with other majors which makes becoming successful one step easier.