Santa Monica College Top Questions

Kelsey

Any kind of person could attend SMC! There is a large verity of students on campus, from High School students to Parents and elderly people thriving on education.

Brianna

Santa Monica College is a school that is a great fit for a diverse set of students. Students that tend to be more liberal and are involved in school clubs/sports thrive at Santa Monica College. Most students I've met have little tolerance for judgemental people and prefer a more friendly and open environment. If a student is looking for a college that will help them expand their horizons and meet a variety of people in close proximity, Santa Monica College would be the perfect school.

Nadiatu

The type of person that should attend this school should simply be willing to learn as well as do the work needed. There are so many different type of people that attend this school from students straight out of high school, to people over 40 that are giving school a second chance, to international students that not only have academic challenges but also learning a new language. So the type of person has to be very willing.

Anesha

Someone who wants to save money or who doesn't know exactly what they want yet should attend SMC. Obviously going to a junior college first saves money. However, SMC has so many options for colleges and career paths. If you ask the right questions and take the initiative, you can figure out what you want to do and map out a plan to get it done. Santa Monica College reminds the student that it is okay to not know exactly what you want to do straight out of high school.

Melissa

It would have been helpful to know about financial aid to pay for college, like BOG fee waivers. It would have been helpful to know how to apply for scholarships as well. Hard work is how you earn a 4.0 GPA. Setting a time limit on the amount of quality time to spend on an assignment allows you to know when to to stop and work on another assignment.

Steven

Santa Monica College is a great college that is located by the Santa Monica Beach. I would say most of the students that go to Santa Monica College are mostly international students that come from different countries. Most students who comes to college do not know what classes to choose but there is counseling services that are there to help students who are needed to choose the classes that they need to transfer to four year university There is also online counseling service available . Santa Monica college is also the number one college that transfer to UCLA.

amy

Anyone who is interested in transfering to UCLA or USC.