Santa Rosa Junior College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Santa Rosa Junior College

Jonathan

Santa Rosa Junior College is a beautiful campus with a lot of resources available for its students to achieve their academic goals. The teaching is environment is amazing for the class size tends to be relatively small or average. I like that Santa Rosa Junior College strives to maintain a low student to teacher ratio because it makes the learning experience so much easier and allows the students to ask questions and be active in lectures.

Zoe

Being an older, returning student, having lived overseas and traveled extensively, I can say with some degree of authority that Santa Rosa Junior College is one of the top notch schools in the world. All of the ancillary staff is extraordinary- there is a real caring for the student, and a strong will for our success. The professors are almost uniformly excellent, with the few who might be slightly less than fabulous merely lacking perhaps in social graces (I'm thinking of several STEM professors who might be on the neuro-diversity spectrum). The professors know their stuff, and they love to share their knowledge! The educational partnership I felt from my professors was hugely influential in my transferring with a very high GPA, which supports my continued success. I feel both lucky and privileged to have attended Santa Rosa Junior College.

They are strict but they care for the students, have so many resources within the school and outside, a lot of community involvement, support, amazing academic and community development and a lot of cool events encouraging students to join in and reach out to the community on many different opportunities

Kelli

When some people hear the words "junior college", they might subconsciously think of it as lesser than a four-year college somehow. That is not the case with the Santa Rosa Junior College. This school has passionate and eloquent professors that teach many different classes, as well as an abundance of clubs that make students feel as though they are part of something. I am very proud to attend this school, as I feel that it is truly one of the best in its class.

Ulises

The Santa Rosa Junior college is a very diverse campus with very educated and qualified instructors and professors. Many teachers have doctorates or previously taught at UC campuses. The math department is on par or above some UCs. It is a great place to study the first two years of college. It's political activism is also high as it is close to the Bay Area. It's a place where the classes can easily conform to students' lives and busy schedules. It creates opportunities to people ranging from high schoolers to freshly graduated freshman to older people returning to school.

Eden

SRJC is a wonderful school. It is clean, safe, and beautiful. The campus is large and offers many spaces for students to study, hang out, or just relax. The library is my favorite location because of the amount of computers and space it offers. The staff at all student services are helpful and friendly. SRJC also gives many scholarship opportunities making going to college even more achievable. This is by far the best community college I have ever attended and most others who have attended/attend agree. SRJC is a place for young, old, continuing, transferring, or starting from square one. Go Bear Cubs!

Bibiana

Santa Rosa Junior College is a great school. Since the first day I was there, I felt welcomed. There is a lot of diversity and everyone is friendly. I can not complain about the food, its pretty good. There is a lot of resource and support from different groups of people. I like how they also have learning communities. It is a great place to be at.

Chy

Santa Rosa Junior College is a wonderful place to get a quality education at an affordable price. A lot of the teachers have experience and know what they are teaching. Classes are very affordable per unit and often have a fair number of students. This is a great place to study for an technical degree or preparing for transfer.

Jacksonn

Santa Rosa Junior College is a very good junior college because it’s cheap and affordable. Everyone is very helpful and sweet. I think the class could be a little cheaper since it is a junior college. I’ve been at the junior college for about three years now and I’ve not had one bad comment about the school

Juan

The Santa Rosa junior college is a great place to get an education and is a great place to further your knowledge. It is one of the best junior colleges out there. It is a great place not only to get an education but it is a great place to meet like minded individuals.

Meghan

Outstanding professors and fellow students. Professors commit to their student's learning by addressing all of a students needs: financial, academic, and safety. Our campus is inclusive and offers many opportunities for students to develop the skills needed for their career and/or higher educational goals.

Leah

Santa Rosa Junior College is an amazing community college and I feel very lucky to have grown up right by it. This college has helped shape me into a proud young woman eager to change the world for the better. The professors are amazing and the STEM courses are difficult, but they definitely prepare you to transfer. They have a great transfer system, and you can apply for programs to make sure you get into the schools you want to get into such as Berkeley or other California UCs.

Addie

Santa Rosa Junior college is an amazing place to get started or aquatinted in the college world right out of high school. O give them so much credit for all they’ve done for so many generations of students. I’ve found some great councilors there and some pretty great teachers as well but there are some teachers and higher ups that just don’t seem to care. I’ve had to really be careful on which teachers and which classes I take cause it really does matter in the long run. It took me a long time to get on my feet and figure out how to go about this college because I feel like I wasn’t given the proper guidance in my first two semesters so I feel like I wasted an entire year but this also relates back to speaking with the wrong counselors. Although SRJC is a great environment and provides a lot of great opportunities, it lacks in key area that I’ve discussed with many other students. One major one is the library hours are too short and a lot of college students need to study till late. My friends and I find it difficult when they close up at 9pm even during finals week. It seems to me that they may need to prioritize there money in better ways.

Ariana

I absolutely love attending Santa Rosa Junior College. It is the perfect place for those looking to transfer into Universities or complete an AA or certificate. The Campus is beautiful and there are plenty of classes for a variety of majors and programs. The academics are the perfect balance between challenging and workable. I am able to maintain a good GPA as a full time student while also maintaining a full time job. The counselors are always there to help and there are plenty of free tutoring services to help keep those grades up. The two campuses make getting to class very easy so matter you are coming from.

Shelby

I love this school! They have a lot of resources that are very accessible and helpful to students. Our school even cares about our success. When the Tubbs fire took a lot of our housing away the school provided supplies and even money to help students. This school goes above and beyond for their students.

Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) is a great community college to start off in. SRJC sets you up for the university of your dreams and allows you to meet amazing classmates and professors a long the way. At SRJC you will make life long friends and become an excellent student, as well as a soon to be professional. SRJC may be a two year college but it genuinely has a university vibe to it.

Magdeline

I have been attending the Santa Rosa Junior College since my Sophomore year in High school, and I have always loved it! I find that they have literally anything and any class that you could possibly think of. There are hundreds of professors who love their field of study that they teach, and they are in it for the long run, to help you pass their class, learn, and love it! The professors love to get to know you and build a friendship. I have made countless friends in the classes I have taken over the year and I still see them! I took Speech 1A and met this girl, and then a year later I went to get an X-Ray and she was an intern nurse doing my X-Ray! It is cool to meet and get to know students from all over Santa Rosa. I do not play sports, but the sports teams seem to have an amazing time and do really well! There is always help at the Santa Rosa Junior College wether it be food or money, the staff is motivated and desiring to help students get through the first years of college. The student ID cards get free bus fare anywhere and always which is super awesome! There is plenty of food options on campus from cafes to salad bars! You can take Junior College classes for free in high school and get a head start o your General Ed, and there is a few scholarship opportunities to help pay after high school. I love this school and think it is one of the best!

Joseph

Although I thought I knew what I wanted to study it did not go as I thought. The school howevers, great you can easily get along with professors. If you work hard and stay on top of your work. The campus is beautiful and it is bigger than what I first thought it was.

Francisco

Santa Rosa Junior College provides a welcoming environment for students new and old. It’s an affordable option that is a great stepping stone for anyone who wants to enrich their education. The professors at SRJC are extremely friendly and want to help you understand the material. My one grievance with the JC is that it has no on campus housing, and off campus is severely unaffordable for students. Class sizes are not too big, but there are some impacted classes that are hard to get into and can make you feel stuck. Overall, the JC provides an affordable and nurturing environment that serves as a great place for people to earn a degree, a certificate, or to simply take a class.

Romesa

Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) is known for academic excellence, superb faculty and staff, comprehensive student services and beautiful facilities. Nearly 100 years old, this beloved community institution enrolls approximately 28,000 students each semester. SRJC is dedicated to making higher education accessible to all and removing barriers to our students’ success. Student life is vibrant, with over 40 clubs, conference-winning athletic teams, nationally ranked speech and debate teams, and outstanding theatre arts, music and dance programs.

John

Overall the Junior College is a great place to get your start on your way to a four-year degree. The classes offered cover a variety of subjects that you would expect from a Junior College and the availability offered are plentiful enough to allow a good course load to reach your academic goals. Safety at the school is good, with few incidents as compared to the local area. Overall I would recommend this school, but to get the best from this or any institution, ensure you have mapped out your path and have a goal in mind.

Luiz

I love Santa Rosa Junior College. The staff and faculty have been extremely helpful throughout my time here.

Amy

I have gained so much from SRJC over the years. Really invaluable experiences and a top notch education. The professors are dedicated to seeing you succeed they are personally invested in your education. And when that happens the education is worth its weight in gold!

Santa Rosa Junior College is probably the best Junior College you could go to. My classes were more exhaustive here then at a four year university. Many of my teachers were not just teachers, but professionals and their opinions and input were invaluable to my professional life. I highly recommend this school.

Carolina

Santa Rosa Junior College provides a supportive and engaging environment that encourages its students to reach for opportunities and thrive. The classes and instructors are extraordinary and never over crowded. They provide countless resources, online and in person, to make college life more manageable. SRJC is incredibly committed to providing guidance and opportunity to all students equally. I feel very fortunate to live near the campus but often hear of students coming across state, country, or continents to attend SRJC. I highly recommend this college and am very satisfied with the experience I have had there so far.

Jazmin

Santa Rosa Junior College is a safe environment and classmates are accepting of others and professors are a great help and want you to succeed. Not only that but they help you find online pdfs of textbooks and try helping students in retrieving a textbook for a low price.

Erika

SRJC is a great school! We have plenty of fantastic teachers, you just have to check out ratemyprofessor.com to make sure you take classes with teachers your style. There’s a generally friendly atmosphere and a library with tons of space and resources. And the campus is absolutely gorgeous!!

Daniel

I attended SRJC from 8/15/2013 to 12/19/2016. I will miss this school. This school gave me a purpose. This school gave me a life. Despite my mental limitations I have obtained 63 units all completely online. There were times I wanted to give up. They encouraged me. I live over 200 miles from the campus. I did the impossible. I took classes that explained a lot about myself, classes that motivated me, classes in subjects that I always found interesting and wanted to attend, and finally, classes that will help me for the rest of my life. Their distance education program is top notch and I highly recommend it.

Tai An

Great! It's a nice place to study and learn. Teachers and friendly and students are nice. I'm looking forwards to graduating from here. So far I haven't encountered any problems. There has been plenty of help and support available. I like this place.

Louis Grant

Linda Schoen (Media 4 Tyrant) Is A 100% First-Class Quality Abuse Of The Power, Rude To Others, Apathetic, Heart-Empty, Negative Attitude, Condescending Burn-Out Syndrome, Diabolical, Abrasive Callous Arrogant Monster That Quit Caring For All Students A Long Time Ago In The Past And Only Does The Position For A Salary Which Needs To Be Corrected Immediately!!!

Bekah

Santa Rosa Junior College offers a higher education at an affordable price. The instructors and students take the courses be seriously, and strive to create a soaring academic space. The only downside would be the student involvement as a college. The students lack a sort of community feel, but that could also be because it is a junior college.

Mary

This is a review of their online accounting program and why it is the worst educational experience in my entire life. 1.) They utilize an isolated LMS called Canvas to house their online classes. The software is clunky, confusing and I waste more time trying to figure out where the information is for my class than actually learning. Some teachers make elaborate Canvas classrooms with way too many links and it is like a maze trying to figure out expectations, due dates etc. Canvas doesn't send me notifications to my email or phone either. 2.) There is no instruction. Online school means you teach yourself the curriculum. Can someone tell me what I'm paying this college for if I'm teaching myself out of the textbook? 3.) Teacher response rates are varying degrees of bad depending on the teacher. Sometimes I have gotten NO response and sometimes it takes days for my instructors to respond. If you hit a problem with your work and can't proceed, good luck with that because it's going to take a day to get a question answered by your professor before you can move on with your work. 4.) There is no structure and you're on your own. Teachers can change up due dates to any day of the week with online school. Thanks for that because I work full time which is why I signed up for online school and when you make things due every week on different days, it's really hard to keep track of. 5.) YOU TEACH YOURSELF OUT OF A TEXTBOOK!!!!!!!!!!! One last time......What am I paying for?!

Brian

The Junior College is the best school I have attended. It is very enjoyable, but is not easy. If you want to succeed, you have to work for it. Laziness does not pay off. That being said, the teachers are extremely supportive and friendly, and I would recommend many of them to my fellow students.

I love attending the Junior College. As a senior in high school, I applied to many Cal States and Universities and was accepted to many but decided to stay home and attend the JC for financial purposes. I love the campus, have been blown away by how accessible and helpful my professors are and overall so happy I chose this path and school. We have great professors who want their students to succeed and most people who attend the JC, didn’t chose to go there for the parties or frats, but to genuinely learn.

Madison

The Santa Rosa Junior College is a fantastic school. They offer great resources and there are almost always groups respectfully advocating for their beliefs and rights on campus meaning there are plenty of opportunities to speak your mind and find your group. The teachers are fantastic, welcoming, knowledgeable, and kind. The SRJC provides a very safe environment on a beautiful campus.

Kiana

I feel that it’s a great school, students are nice, and it is a simple campus so it is easy to get around. The instructors are very helpful & driven to teach their students. They have regular office hours to help those that are I need and are extremely understanding. It’s a diverse environment. I love the Santa Rosa junior college.

Gustavo

Santa Rosa Junior College is an amazing junior college to go to. Faculty is super friendly and approachable, buildings are beautiful, and everyone feels safe walking around campus due to on-campus police officers that patrol the campus. My favorite thing about SRJC is when they have music playing at the quad. This typically happens on a Wednesday and it's great for those who like to do the boogie-woogie!!

Danielle

The Santa Rosa Junior collage is challenging academically. They have multiple programs of study. There is no on campus housing and housing in Sonoma county is very expensive. The class sizes are a good size which makes it hard to get into some of the core classes. But there are options of sitting in a class to try to get added.

Yasmin

SRJC is a campus full of diversity and motivated students. The campus is beautiful and offers various places to study underneath the towering oak trees. The class sizes range from small intimate classes to lecture sizes. The professors genuinely care about the students and strive to motivate you to keep going. I wish I didn't have to say farewell but it's time to transfer onto a 4-year university.

Kaela

I love santa rosa junior college. There is always something going on and something to go do. They give so many class options and our sports mean a lot to our school. Professors are very educated and our academics is very intense and taken seriously. There are many places to go for help and if you need to talk to someone the office is very helpful. Santa Rosa Junior College wants us to succeed.

Fiona

It’s overrated. It’s hard to make friends here and not students are not involved in campus life-they just go to class and go home. There’s a lot of clubs but most are not very active. Also, it often takes way more than two years to graduate-I’ve been here four years and I hate it. It’s finally my last year though and I can’t wait to leave.

Autumn

the Santa Rosa Junior College is a greta place for graduated high school students to go if they don't quite know what they want to yet. It is also great for saving money and adults who are coming back to school. The campus is nice and clean. Most of the faculty, is helpful and efficient.

Tamara

As a community college, Santa Rosa Junior College (SRJC) has an incredibly diverse and inclusive student population. While it is true there are students who attend the school because they were not academically strong enough to get into any other college, my experience is that this is the minority. Most of the students I have met fall into one of three categories: 1) they are very successful high school students opting to take more rigorous courses than those offered at their schools, 2) they are "returning" students who choose to continue learning well into their careers, or 3) they are recent high school graduates who decided to turn down their admission offers to 4-year universities in favor of saving money by attending SRJC first. The three groups are well integrated, and you will find yourself treated as an equal among people decades older and/or younger than you. Unfortunately, you will have to deal with the stigma of being a "community college" student, but the fact of the matter is your education will not suffer if you choose to attend SRJC over other schools. I transferred to the UC system and found that classes were, for the most part, quite easy compared to the courses I had taken at SRJC. They are particularly strong in the physical & life sciences, foreign language, math, and there are excellent opportunities for music majors. My experience has been that the social sciences are a bit weaker. The faculty at SRJC are stellar. All of the instructors I have taken courses from had terminal degrees in their fields, and since they aren't focused on writing grants for research, you get their full attention. Small class sizes mean every teacher will know your name. SRJC isn't for everyone. There is no Greek life, and there are not as many clubs as you would expect for a college with so many students. Most people live at home with their parents or are well beyond "college-aged," so there isn't much of a party scene. Also, if you are certain of your career path and know that you want to be involved in research, keep in mind that this is not a research institution, so you will not be able to participate in research until after you transfer. If your dream is to be part of the "college scene" represented in movies, you will be disappointed at SRJC. Otherwise, I would highly recommend the school.

Zehua

I think the facilities and academic aspects of the school are very good. Most of the professors are very approachable and patient. Even individual professors come to class sick and correct exam results very quickly. The shopping mall is in ​downtown is within 20 minutes' walk from the school without its own car. There are many bus routes to the city center at the school gate. So it's not that hard to get around the school. In catering, I think there is still room for improvement. The school also does not provide on-campus accommodation, so you need to rent your own house outside, but the housing price in the whole Santa Rosa area is relatively high.

Lyzette

It’s a great junior college to go to straight out of High School. It’s a great transition, as there are counseling classes available for incoming freshman to get introduced to the college life. There is also a great Health Services offered on campus for a very, low and affordable cost. Parking can be a challenge at times, it always best to show up early (especially for morning classes). There are many good joints within walking distance which is always a plus!

Santa Rosa Junior College is an amazing college but they have a problem with sexual assault and parking. In the past year, there have been numberous reports of sexual assault. Every semester that I take in person classes, there is a huge parking problem every morning where I sit for 30+ minutes waiting for a spot to open up before my class starts which is stressful. The academics are great but some things definitely need improvement.