Orange, CA
Santiago Canyon College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Santiago Canyon College

Jannel

SCC is a great school, but needs to help some of their professors become more engaged with their students. There seems to be a disconnect there. Also, SCC needs to work on helping their transfer students be more readily prepared for the transition process.

Chloe

I love Santiago Canyon College. One of the biggest things that I love is that you never have to worry about parking. The counselors are amazing and are available for walk-in appointments. They offer tons of classes and will often open extra classes if all the sections are completely full. this campus is in a nice area and I always feel safe walking around. My professors have (mostly) been very kind and helpful. Great selection of online classes. I would highly recommend this campus. Also, SCC offers a scholarship for high schools seniors, so many get a year of free tuition.

Heather

This campus provides a lot of oppertunity, but it is up to you to pursue it. Because it is a community college it ranges when it comes to people and their motivation. Motivated people are easy to find if you get involved with clubs on campus. Professors are absolutely outstanding! Just be sure to use ratemyprofessor.com to make sure you get the best one possible.

Santiago Canyon College is a hub of education in which students come, learn if they so choose, and then leave. The average student here has the opportunity to be active but can also easily skate by with minimal effort. The nature of the campus as a "commuter school" means that few relationships are formed from student to student or student to professor. The opportunities are plenty but the bar is low. As soon as class is dismissed any semblance of academia is thrown to the wind and students leave as soon as possible. I enjoy the school but would appreciate it more if there was more of a connection between students outside of class. Perhaps this is too much to ask of a community college or any school with no on campus housing which inherently allows for a more interconnected community, but the notion of ongoing intellectual conversation and scholastic presence would be the cherry on top for this college.

Kiara

It was a pretty nice college if you like a calm environment. The view is incredible from the hill top and the night time are wonderful. There isn't a lot of food options, but near by, if you go down chapman, there are some food recommendation. I would recommend it to everyone really.

Alana

All the professors take time during their office hours, and many even have three or more office hours a week. All of them tend to respond quickly to email (I've had 16 professors so far). The general student body isn't very active outside if class--it's a community college--but there is a core group of students who participate in many of the schools' activities. The ASG (Associated Student Government) makes sure to have many events per semester, which can be as awesome as just giving out free Italian ice, because why not. Bonus: classes that aren't required across majors (eg. English 101 and 103) rarely have 30 or more students. It's even common to get classes with 15 students or so.

Marisol

My classmates are very friendly and sociable; it is great to have people with whom you can contact to help each other on class assignments.

I really like that the campus is small. It is currently expanding but that is a good thing because future students will be able to take advantage of new facilities and more class offerings. Because it is a small school, we get smaller class sizes compared to other schools. The teachers are really helpful and are easily accessible during their office hours.

I would tell myself to not get discouraged by others. I was not as fortunate as other students who got support from their parents and teachers. Throughout my high school career I was told that I would not even make it out of high school. I have always struggled with school, but I feel that if I had received the help and support I needed I would have been more successful. I decided to go to a community college straight out of high school because I was not presented with more options. My high school math teacher told me I was "not going to go anywhere" with my life, my counselor refused to let me retake my Algebra 2 course because according to her "you're going to community college, you won't need it". Even my mother discouraged me from applying to the Cal State system; saying "you're not going to get in anyway". I found out the hard way that everyone was wrong. I am working hard towards my career goals and I am doing my best to prove them wrong. I can succeed if I set my mind to it.

Breanna

Some are very helpful but others seem to not care that they are there for higher education. Some treat it as though they are still in high school.

The only thing I would change about my senior year of high school would be to take a science class. I know that because I haven't taken one in what will be two years, I will have a hard time remembering everything. If I would of taken one then I could of started off at a higher level of science in community college. I was too caught up on wanting to get out of school early that I didn't bother to take that extra class.

A few members of the faculty are somewhat rude and unhelpful.

Gerardo

My school is Santago Canyon College. It is located in between Orange Hills and Anaheim Hills. It's a beautiful campus with lots of great staff that are willing to help students in any possible way they can. It's a small campus but it feels like you know everyone here.

Santiago Canyon College is best know for its Forensics team, I believe its top 10 in California among all colleges.

If I coul go back to the time when I was a High School senior, I would say many things to myself. I would tell myself to start planning for college right away and not wait until the last minute to apply. Alsa, to apply to more than one school in case my first choice is not available. The most important thing I would say to myself would have to be, to encourage myself to continue working hard to maintain a good academic standing and to start saving for college.

Nadia

My school is a place to grow both mentally and socially.

My school is a place to grow both mentally and socially.

My school is best known for it's wonderful professors, couselors, staff members, and students. It is a small campus but offers a wide variety of courses. The staff is very student orientated and focuses on helping students achieve their goals and dreams.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words will never hurt you." I really should have payed attention to this quote throughout my high school journey. If I were able to travel back in time and revisit myself as a high school senior I would like to have been more confident about myself as well as the future. Throughout high school, I was unsure about the educational path I would choose, whether it be attending a university or community college. I was pressured by peers and teachers to aim for a four-year university, but now that I look back at my final decision, attending a community college first was the correct choice for me. I also would have liked to have been more confident in myself. After graduation a weight seems lifted. All cliques disinigrate and people tend to uncover their true being. I would have liked to have been unafraid and more positive with myself and gut instinct.

Santiago Canyon College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.