Sarah Lawrence College Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

Tsebiyah

Sarah Lawrence dorms are very unlike your typical college dorms. Although it is arguably impossible that you will find any two dorm rooms that are exactly the same, generally a room on campus ranges from decent sized to spacious, containing wood floors and white walls (as opposed to the white brick that can be found in some schools' dorm rooms). There are two rather scenic clusters of houses which somewhat resemble miniature neighborhoods- these houses generally contain laundry facilities (shared), a full kitchen, a living room/common area and one or two bathrooms, depending on how many bedrooms. Further into campus, on the north lawn, there are several dormitories that sit overlooking it. One building houses four dormitories- which include a set of three (air-conditioned!) apartments and many traditional style dorms with shared bathrooms at the end of hall. There are unisex halls and same-sex halls- Residence Life is essentially good at fulfilling requests pertaining to which of those you end up in. The other buildings are older, cozy buildings that contain mostly doubles or singles adjoined by a bathroom. In addition to the many houses that line Mead Way and Glen Washington Road, there is a six story apartment building that houses a large percentage of the campus (almost a third). The apartments in this building have anywhere from two to four or five bedrooms, a kitchen and at least one bathroom (again, depending on how many bedrooms). It is not uncommon for upperclassmen (and even sophomores) to have a single. They are popular and abundant for older students on campus. Triples, although not too common, do exist, and when they do the room is almost always large and spacious enough for all of its inhabitants. I love the Sarah Lawrence dorms. They are always unique, and very 'home-y', instead of retaining the look and feel of the typical college dorm. It is very easy to get comfortable and customize your space at SLC, in fact, in the first few weeks of each semester I find that I don't want to leave it!

Annaliese

A student shows us the newest dorms on SLC's campus.