Dixon, IL
Sauk Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sauk Valley Community College

Bajram

It is a Wonderfull school and its is looked upon since it is an community school as well as it is cheap! it has most classes that are transferable to other universities and great staff!! I do highly recommend Sauk!! Many different opportunities and diversities to begin with, as well as being near home!

Caitlin

Sauk Valley Community College is a wondrous college, but only if you are going for a 2 year school. We do not have on-campus housing and the school is very small. I can only be here until I get my associates degree then I am going to a different college.

Ross

I love Sauk! There is so much to do, and the professors are absolutely amazing. It has that small school feel; however, there is so many opportunities for students to get involved in. Some people downgrade community college, but there is so much to do, some Universities can't even match.

Kristin

Sauk is an overall great school with plenary of resources available from computer programs to free tutoring in the learning commons and helpful staff that are always reachable(unless it’s a weekend) over the phone, through email, and during their scheduled office hours.

Lilian

Sauk Valley Community College is a small college with many opportunities to become close with the professors and students. I was not expecting to go to this school and was dreading going. However, I have been very pleasantly surprised by what Sauk has had to offer. I am now a part of the Psych Club and enjoy learning in the classroom settings with my peers and professors.

Angela

Salk Valley community college is a great little community college in our area. The staff and faculty are wonderful in helping the students. Sauk has a support a student support facility that's always willing and eager to help the students . I highly recommend Sauk Valley community college for anyone interested in a community college.

Peyton

Sauk Valley Community College is known for it's cheap tuition rates. It is a great college for a student who is paying for school on their own. I am so thankful that I live near Sauk Valley Community College because I am saving thousands of dollars by getting my Associate's Degree there instead of at a 4 year university or private school. Sauk Valley Community College is also known for the great service they provide in the transfer process. They will help you with anything you need!

If I could go back in time and give myself any advice, it would definitely be to save, save, save! Attending Sauk Valley Community College was not my choice, it was my parents' choice. I was beyond ready to bust out of this small town and run free at a big university somewhere far away. But realistically, that was not going to happen. If I could go back and talk to myself my senior year of high school, I would tell myself that Sauk Valley Community College was going to turn out to be one of the best things to happen to me. I would tell myself that I was going to meet my best friend, that I was going to find myself, and that I was going to have so much money saved for the future, so that I could really have fun when I was away at school. I am so thankfull that I have had the oportunity to attend Sauk Valley Community College and save money for my future.

A person who is looking to save money while still getting an awesome college education should consider attending Sauk Valley Community College. I love that I am getting the same education as my friends who are away at bigger universities, but for only a third of the cost! Sauk Valley Community College truly cares about their students and are always willing to help if you need anything. My counselor has been absolutely amazing while helping me with my transfer process. Sauk Valley Community College is a smart and budget-friendly choice for everyone!

jessica

My school is perfect for small town students who enjoy a competitive learning enviornment.

I would tell myself to apply for scholarships sooner, to retake my ACT, and to work just that little bit harder. I allowed myself to slack a little bit because I was going to only be attending a community college, but I didn't realize that college in itself despite the level is hard. I would of taken more college classes during high school, and developed a more well rounded profile.

The amount of prerequisite courses for some programs, and how to properly apply for scholarships.

Nathan

I have no problem with SVCC as an educational facility. It has a good library and quite a few resources at their disposal. It's a small school so get used to the faces you see but so far the administration has been better than the 4 year I attended. They seem genuinely interested in helping you succeed.

I cannot fairly answer this question. I currently don't have time for groups or activities.

For the most part the students are pretty standard small town people. We all have a kind of similar background so there is a certain sense of "togtherness" but people tend to stick with people from their hometown. However, there is a large variety of students despite the "small town" standard.

As with all schools, the competence of the staff varies. I have managed to run into professors who know their fields well, though, and they do their best to challenge their students.

The stereotype for Sauk Valley Community College generally tends to be homegrown kids afraid to leave, and otherwise people who can't make it in a 4 year. For a few people in the school this is true, but for the most part I have came across intelligent students and a knowledgeable faculty.

Sauk Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.