Dixon, IL
Sauk Valley Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Sauk Valley Community College

Brennen

SVCC has an excellent facility that consists of one main building with all the classes seperated into different sections of the building based on their similarity.

My classmates vary from those that have recently graduated high school to 40-year-old adults that have decided to go back to school or finish a degree; it's not weird having adults in the classroom however, as they have a student's mentality and can be just as nice and easy to talk to as kids my age.

Considering that I am both a high school senior as well as a sophomore in college, that would be a tad difficult. I will graduate from Sterling High School in the spring of 2010 with a total of 46 college credits from Sauk Valley. In the summer I hope to take another 9 credits so that I will be completely prepped for the college I choose to go to this coming fall, where I will triple major in business management, business marketing, and graphic design. If I were to go back in time to the beginning of my senior year perhaps I would tell myself this: "Study hard, get good grades, and take notes in class. You won't be able to maintain your 4.0 at Sauk by slacking and goofing around. You need to keep that gpa up to continue being a member of Phi Theta Kappa."

Nathan

I've seen many people in my area that have gone straight to a University right out of high school. While I admire that they got to a University out of high school, I have seen a lot of them return to the area and attend the community college where they could have started at. I would tell myself as a senior that going to a community college is not a bad choice right out of high school. In fact it might be a better decision because of its affordability, closeness to home, and smaller class sizes. I would also tell myself that slacking in the last year of high school is not a wise decision at all. If one decides to slack in their senior year of high school then it might carry over into the first year of college, because the student is not used to the course load. If they had continued to work hard their senior year then the transition into college might have been a lot easier.

That the Learnig Assistance Center provided by the college to help students with classes is a great opportunity. I didn't think I would need the assistance in the LAC when I first started but soon realized the the LAC was a huge help whenever I decided to go in there to receive assistance.

Someone who is looking for a great education that does not want to travel far away to school. Also someone who does not want to pay much at all for a quality education that can provide great opportunities down the road.

mary

Well, first I would tell myself not to get so in depth with my boyfriend. I would tell myself that eventually people do grow up, or most of them, and how I am viewed now, as a high school student, won't matter in 2, 3, 4, 5, years. There are so many different things to worry about besides your appearance, how others view you, the car you drive and other things. I would tell myself to continue worrying about my grades, because they are what truly matter in the long run. College is different than high school, but also the same in many ways. An individual has to be independent and self-reliant in college, because there are no crutches with the teachers. You either get it or you don't but there will always be individuals to help. I would tell myself that life is hard without an education or degree, so I should be thankful for what god, my mother, and others have given to me and what they are willing to do to help me. You only get one shot at life, so don't take advantage of it.

It is too similar to high school. You have the clicks going on pretty back here. I feel that due to this there is alot of tension with other students and their fear to fit in. That should be the last thing on a person't mind when they are pursuing their career, what others think of them.

I think this school is a good start for people just getting out of high school locally who are undecided about what they want to do with their lives. Also, because I am a single, full time working mom, this college works for me. It is local to my home and somewhat secure. I feel that Sauk is a good choice for many.

My school is best known for the great faculty because they care about our education. The students are not just a number we are real people that are trying to get a great education.

Take classes that hard or that challenge you as an individual because that looks good for the colleges.

I love college because I can go to class then go home. I get to pick my classes and the times. I can go at 8 in the morning or I can go at night.

Sauk Valley Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.