Savannah College of Art and Design Top Questions

Each club or group has their own participation, however they involve the whole student body when they put on events so that everyone can come together.

Clubs and sports teams are not popular here, and only the few kids that do them care about them. No one can leave their door open because it's in the city and doors lead to outside. SCAD does bring in some good guest speakers. Johnny Cupcakes has come for two years now and his lectures are always fun. Most people stick to hanging out with people on their hall, because classes are set up so you have class with them. No one here sleeps, because we have so much work alllllll the time (teachers expect you to spend around 10 hours at least on a project, and around $20 dollars on it too). The Savannah Film Festival is a huge event that happens each year, but tickets sell out fast because it's a community event. SCAD is be no means a party school. Most people just get high in their small groups in their dorm, and then make some more art. The parties are small and in the dorms. Although SCAD is dry and 0 tolerance for drugs, it doesn't seem to faze anyone, probably because you almost never see RAs. There's only one sorority here. The girls in it are actually really nice and not typical sorority girls. But the sorority is strict. There's not much to do on a Saturday night that doesn't evolve getting high in the dorms. Everywhere in Savannah closes early. Most people bring their cars and go to the beach for a day since it's only 20 minutes away and there are a lot of surrounding beaches. A lot, a lot of people go home on the weekends, and not just the people that live in driving distance. At first you'll think the shopping is great, but then you'll realize that Savannah is small and kinda ghetto and lacks a lot of common stores. Everything is around Atlanta.

There ARE no student activities, and there IS nothing to do on Saturday nights EXCEPT drinking. Oh, and smoking pot.

The social life here mainly consists of a lot of events that bring in industry types. The networking opportunities are really good here. No greeks here, and I am glad. There is athletics and there seems to be something happening almost every day.