Savannah College of Art and Design Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Savannah College of Art and Design

Micah

I enjoyed touring and getting a closer look at my classes and my upcoming dorm life at SCAD. I toured specific places such as the hallway that I will have my major specific classes in and memorized my schedule quickly and efficiently. I am very excited to attent this fall.

Makayla

It is a great place to live and learn. SCAD has four different locations around the world. Students could stay in Savannah, Atlanta, Lacoste, and Hong Kong. Students also have the opportunity to learn digitally as well, but most students opt for on-campus studying. It is a beautiful university in all four locations and I would love to attend.

Sophia

When I first heard of SCAD, I immediately knew it was my dream school. After touring during SCAD Day, I said, "sign me up!" Attending this school was the best decision I have ever made in my life. It really was life-changing. After being there for over a year now, my opinion still hasn't changed. The teachers, the staff, and the campus buildings are truly amazing. This school was meant to be the best art school in the world, and I don't doubt that. Our president wants the best for her students and strives to produce creative professionals. I know this school will assist me in every way possible to get my dream career.

Erica

It is a great school that is very focused on its students and helping them achieve their goals and furthering their careers. They have top of the line technology and facilities as well as security. The atmosphere is great and very welcoming to new people.

Monique

The Savannah College of Art and Design is a college that prepares you for life and the career you want to have after graduation. The professors take extreme care when they're informing you of how tough it is in a certain job field and how hard you have to work to get the job you prefer.

Trinity

My overall opinion on Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) is that I love that school! I recently got accepted to this school and I believe it's a great school if you're looking for diversity, good academic structure, and the ability to express your identity through your ideal craft. This school shows us as students that it's okay to be unique and exquisite in every way.

Jaeden

SCAD was my second choice behind Drexel's Interactive Media Program. The opportunities to study abroad with SCAD program is very appealing. I like the creative "quirkiness" of campus life. I was accepted to the SCAD HONG KONG campus, but I am going to attend classes on the Atlanta campus. I the urban setting and the facilities are out of this world. There are many reputable media production companies that hire SCAD alumni. And Atlanta's booming movie and film production industry has created a hub of creative outlets and jobs.

Meng

it's a very artistic school with real world career applications. The town is safe, there is no center campus, buildings scatters around the town, but they are walking distance, there are buses take you to different buildings, there are even security guards you can call that will take you in the dark hours if you work late in the labs,

Jill

I am an eLearning student, so I am 100% remote. Most of the questions on this review are about being on campus, so I can't speak to that, but I can tell you about the online environment, and I love it. Being able to keep my full time job while going to school on my own time has been essential. All the professors I've had have been wonderful, and very engaging. The online platform is called Blackboard, and it is pretty easy to use and is user friendly. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but it's art school, so it is going to be pricey anywhere you go really, and I would say it is worth it. I have only been in 2 quarters so far, and I feel I have grown so much as an artist and learned more than I could have thought I would in a short time.

SCAD is the worst school to ever exist they steal your money and get you in trouble for being a kid. They also steal the money you make from your art saying they own creative rights to it never come to SCAD ive never hated my life more than here all they care about is money and they have been exploiting kids dreams since 1978. I recommend if you are good at art do not come to SCAD it is not worth the money at all

Andrea

SCAD isn't for everyone. SCAD is not for the for the faint of heart or the weary of soul. SCAD can make you or break you. If you're looking for an "easy" art degree, this is not the school for you. The work is hard, and there isn't much time for a social life or even sleep. The first year or two are the hardest. The core curriculum includes basic academics like college math and English as well as foundation studies like drawing and design classes (and, yes, you have to take them even if it doesn't relate to your major). Once you've entered your major requirements, though, things change. You want to impress your professors and peers. You want to create something portfolio-worthy. This is even more difficult as you will face professors who overlook your hard work and classmates who might steal your ideas. There are wonderful professors and students at SCAD, but there are a few who try to ruin it for everyone. That's when you have to decide how bad you want that degree. If you can push through and block out the bad, you'll be just fine and probably have a great experience and find a job at the end. But if you can't... You should probably pick another school.

Isabel

I am extremely grateful to attend a school that allows me to flourish as a multifaceted artist and creative entrepreneur.

Coreene

If you are looking into a career in the arts, there is no better preparation than Savannah College of Art and Design. You receive artistic training from world-class professors and you also receive access to international companies looking to hire SCAD graduates. SCAD offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to get the credentials needed to be taken seriously in the art community.

seraiah

Applying and also being accepted to SCAD has been an amazing experience. The advisors and staff have been extremely helpful and patient with me through this process, and I would not change it for the world.Savannah College of Art and Design is very diverse when it comes to experimenting with different majors. Students have the opportunity to try classes from different majors that might help them choose what they really want to study. This gives them the chance to learn more about other majors and develop some new skills.

Sharlee

I toured SCAD last Spring and couldn't find anything bad to say about it. Granted, it was my first proper college tour so I think I could have been easily impressed. But the tour guide covered everything my parents and I wanted to know, most of it being discussed without request. I received news of my acceptance last month and am eager to attend in the fall.

Rickey

This was my top choice out of all schools i looked at and i feel really comfortable around the people there. They have alot of activities and guest speakers as far as people from the art industry. The teachers are really open and caring , they really want you to succeed.

vincent

I went to the summer program, and it was awesome! I got to learn a lot of new techniques that I used everyday in art. I also visited their Atlanta and Savanah campus and I can see my future there!

Destinee

I am truly thankful that SCAD exists. As someone who is seeking a creative career, I am confident that I will be provided with the tools needed to find success in my life. With extensive career counseling, responsive administration, and passionate teachers; I am always getting the necessary help to be a fulfilled student!

Marilyn

I love the school however, it is almost difficult to enjoy it when you have to take out so many loans to cover it all. However, the advisors are incredibly helpful and they are always willing to make time for you. I also love that they keep up with counseling and career help for the rest of your life. I really really like the professors and they try to do everything they can to help their students.

Joseph

My overall opinion of Savannah College of Art and Design is impressive but uncertain. From the two times, I've visited the artsy school, I really enjoyed my experience there. The environment and atmosphere around Downtown Savannah seems like a place I'll enjoy. Despite some of my positive attitudes about everything the area has to offer, I'm still uncertain about my decision to committing to the next chapter of my life. Not to sound negative or anything, just the total cost and a consistent reminder of possibility being in debt brings me kinda down. Despite the potential reality, whatever my life has planned out I'm ready for the next steps and for the journey that my passion will bring me.

Hassan

That atmosphere to school is in really that good there's a lot of creative students their very spiritual people. The professors are very talented have a lot of experience. faculty focus on making sure students not just focus on their school board but their career as well.

Erin

I truly do love SCAD, I mean it has been the college of my dreams for years now. there are amazing professors and really engaging and excited classes to take! the only downside for me is the cafeteria food and the small dorms that we have to share with people we don’t know, but that comes with every college. I’m so happy that I chose SCAD and i’m proud to say that i go here.

Olivia

I have visited the SCAD Savannah campus twice now and I'm in love with it. Everyone I met was very friendly, and the freshman dorms at the Hive are nice. I really like that there's a pool for the students, I don't know of many campuses that do that. The equipment the school provides its students is top-notch, no matter what your major is. They ensure that what you use in the classroom is the same thing you'll be using in the industry. I was especially impressed with the overwhelming amount of students that get jobs straight out of college, especially considering they're all art-related careers. The only complaint I have so far is the food. I have seen photos of things found in the Hive Cafe such as raw chicken, dirty dishes (in the clean stack), sour milk, dirty mushrooms, rotten fruit, stale bread, and an array of foods that look unappetizing. This is very disappointing to me since I have visited campuses with amazing food before, and was hoping for the same experience at SCAD, especially since I'm paying a very expensive tuition to go there.