School of the Art Institute of Chicago Top Questions

Kenneth

Passionate and highly creative people who are self-driven should attend this school. Make sure to have a very developed and clear system of emotional and financial support. Develop a sense of self, and cultivate a realistic attitude. Follow through on your commitments, and maintain a peaceful home environment where you can work and study. It is essential for those coming from a difficult financial situation to work with materials that are reused or affordable. Take advantage of your creativity, and innovate. Self-driven people with clear vision succeed the best at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago.

Krystle

Anyone looking for a new perspective on how to approach art and design.

Adrian

Someone who is willing to be challenged not only on an artistic level but on a personal one as well. There is a lot of what we bring to our college expereince that is the result of our limited life's experiences, but at the Art Institute so much of that was turned inside-out by the instructors as well as your fellow students. If you want to reinforce what you already know, I would suggest another school. But if you want to have your understanding of art and you within the art world the Art Insitute is perfect.

sara

The kind of person that should attend my school is one who is self-motivated and artistically ambitious. This school offers opportunists and chances for a student to succeed with his or her life as long as that student is driven and goal oriented. To be open minded and okay with mixed diversity and culture, if not already accustom to the city life, a student also needs to be able to live in a high volume environment. Finally a student also needs to have the ability to be inspired by every thing around, to be creative with all their scenes.

GraceAnn

SAIC is a school made for individuals to celebrate and find their individuality. You have to be secure in your own independent identity to thrive, but once that point is reached an individual can reach their potential. Someone afraid of hard work and creativity need not apply.

somebody who is looking to expand their vocabulary in the language of making art. Someone who has previous experience with art .

Miguel

There is no specific type of person who should or shouldn't attend SAIC. SAIC is very diverse and welcomes anybody. However, one with an artistic background and a desire to further their artistic ability as well as open vast career oppotunities would be well off in this school.

mary

An artistic, creative, driven person. Someone who knows what they want out of life, and how much effort and perseverance they have to put forth to follow their dream. SAIC is very competitive. A person who wants an interdisciplinary, conceptual approach to their art practice is very important as well.

Anne-Marie

one who is self-motivated, experimentally-minded, and conceptual.

The best people in the world, obviously.

Bill

People that take art seriously and really want to pursue it for the rest of their life.

Someone who is serious about about college and wants to excel in a career.

Art Students who want the best education possible in their field.