Schreiner University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Schreiner University

cristina

Schreiner University is a great small school for students to succeed. Many overlook it since it’s a small school in the hill country but I personally think it’s a wonderfully school since it’s small, professors actually care about your success compared to other huge schools.

Noah

Schreiner University is a home away from home. Students come here to be a place where they can better themselves and become the best version of themselves without getting lost in the sea of random people. You can gain so much experience in life because you can get involved in so much and have such a personal connection with people in all areas of campus.

meredith

There plenty of opportunity to focus on yourself, social life, academics and to be involved. The university does a great job keeping a sense of community alive and providing opportunities for students to be involved practically anywhere. Students are able to take on work-study positions at SU that best fits their schedule and can even help them learn and gain experience in their field of study.

Valentina

I do love Schreiner! It has being a great opportunity to me as an international student. I love the community and the faculty. There are some things to improve but overall a great college experience!

Kamden

Schreiner is a great place if you are looking for a home like feel. There are so many different thinks that you can do from getting involved to having a lead position in the school. I feel like everyone knows everyone because of how small the campus is which is a good think because it brings us closer together.

Jenna

Schreiner is a place where students come to grow as people. Being a small student body the University provides the ideal support system for students to become their best selves. Being a Schreiner student means becoming part of a Schreiner family. I personally love this small, brick house school, the classes, the professors, and life long friends that I have made while here.

faith

It’s great wish they heard the students

Sharon

The campus and atmosphere are nice. It's only 30 minutes away from where I'm currently living. Though I would like to spread my wings and attend school in a new place, it's comforting knowing I can be close to family if I choose to be. The rooms are okay, for such a large all included tuition I expected a little more, but I guess that's just how college dorms are.

julissa

I think Schreiner is a great school. It is a private University so it is a smaller campus. Having a smaller campus means you get more one on one from professors. I also like the tight knit communities you can form. I do have to take out various loans in order to come here, but when I think about the level of education I am receiving f makes it worth it. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The school provides text books. There are multiple places to get food on campus so it's never boring. The school likes to hold certain activities like karaoke nights, coffee houses ect.. The school is only an hour away from San Antonio which provides big city life for weekend adventures. Overall I have really enjoyed my experience with Schreiner and I wish other people knew more about it.

It is a really wonderful place. The smaller campus and student body is awesome because you can meet practically everyone, staff too, and instantly feel a bond. The staff are amazing and literally saved my life, allowed me to get well and now come back. Everyone genuinely cares about each other, creating a great environment to learn and live in.

Julyssa

Schreiner University is an amazing school. All professors show interest in what they do and are always there when you need them. Schreiner makes you feel at home and like part of a family.

Krystal

Schreiner is a great university with relatively small class sizes whose professors are very welcoming, friendly, and available to their students. There may be one or two professors who are not very good at communicating with the students but the same problem is to be had at other, bigger colleges. Schreiner University has a friendly student life environment that allows for personal growth for all students, no matter their background or if they live on or off campus. It also has a great gym-type facility with a pool for those students who like to stay fit. The university surrounds approximately a one-mile loop that is great to run around after the gym closes at night (for the night owls) or early in the morning before it opens (for the early birds). Everything is relatively easy to find, and if you get lost, there is surely someone close by who would be willing to help give you directions. As I stated earlier, Schreiner has a very friendly population, who are mostly open minded, and welcoming to all kinds of people, even to those of the LGBTQ community.

ashley

Alright, Schreiner University is pretty awesome. It is a private university with fair prices and plenty of opportunity for financial aid! I love the nature-esque atmosphere on campus, where there will always be at least one type of critter watching you. It's a vast difference from my home in the desert. The food, let me tell you, is not amazing by any means (that's coming from a girl who loves mommas cooking though). When it comes to housing, it is more than I could've hoped for. Campus housing comes with a small kitchen, living room, and 3 roommates to keep you company. The most important feature to me is personalized education. In my home town, typical university classes are over 200 students! If you ask me, that sounds like the poor professor has too much on their plate to even memorize names. At Schreiner, they make it a priority to have no more than 25 students per class, which I find amazing! Overall, I would love to continue attending Schreiner University! It is my dream school with small class sizes and amazing instructors/staff, but I require outside scholarships to continue my journey here. I hope this review is helpful in providing my Schreiner Experience for UNIGO.

it is a great experience, it is really expensive and could use some renovations. also they could go to cut way back on the number of students they accept because housing, especially for upper class man is currently at capacity.

Schreiner is a very welcoming and open-minded place, especially considering it's a small, private university. Intellectual debate and discussion is encouraged and promoted. Academics are held to high standards, and the professors are always willing to go the extra mile to help. It's very easy to make connections here. The school is very future-oriented, focusing on getting students a job or internship. All in all, Schreiner is an excellent university.

Cynthia

There are good small sized classes of about 14-25 students. Class professors are available before and after class. The dorm rooms are a decent size and there are a couple of choices to pick from. There are also some choices on meal plans and they are all pretty good choices. During my college visit, the admission counselor for the area I live in was present and answered all questions. He made himself accessible and made many trips to my hometown to make sure that anyone interested in the school received all the information that they needed to make their choice on college.

Leslie

Schreiner University is a small and unknown to most. I love how small and safe I feel here despite coming from a huge high school and city. The teachers are amazing and you can tell they care about the students. Overall the academic help you can get here, you can not get anywhere else.

Shelby

Save your money, and your time and go somewhere else. Somewhere more diverse, with things to do, and opportunities to grab.

Axel

As I visited Schreiner University I had a great experience. I planned on attending the university to continue my education after high school, and with the visit it has given me more reasons to intend to. The community and people upon the campus were so kind and welcoming, great academics and more. I do hope to get enough help to pay for my career plans I plan to tale on the university.

Abigail

It is an amazing campus and wonderful staff and faculty. Sure there may be some bumps in the road, but everyone is willing to help!

Jazmin

Schreiner University is a small campus that is always kept neat and clean. Its grounds are always kept immaculate and its buildings are pristine. The academics are very good and the faculty and staff are always very nice and helpful. There are lots of campus activities to be involved in and safety is a top priority with campus security easily accessible. All in all, I would say that Schreiner is a great school with "opportunities as big as Texas."

Maddie

Schreiner University is such a great college. The community is unbeatable. Professors are almost always willing to help you even when its not their office hours. Everyone is so welcoming and willing to help you succeed no matter what the cost. I like how the class sizes are small because you can really learn to your full potential.

It's not as good as they like to make it out to be when you're touring the campus. The food sucks, there aren't enough professors for some degrees, and a lot of the professors aren't all that good. Some give you so much work and act like their class is the only class you have.

cameron

I love that the campus is in the hill country. It brings a beautiful sight to the campus making it feel like its a one of a kind. The administration are nice and great to work with. I do wish it was slightly cheaper for books we don't get to keep. Other than that the campus is amazing.