Scottsdale, AZ
Scottsdale Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Scottsdale Community College

Claire

Going back in time to myself as a high school senior, I think the best advice I could give myself is to have an open mind. Be willing to make friends with unusual people, be ready to take classes in new and unusual subjects, and accept the experience as it is. The time will pass regardless of how much I take from it, so keeping an open mind will teach me to learn a lot more each step of the way. Also, I would tell myself to take advantage of every opportunity that looks enticing. I know that often I choose to stop and wait a while before making a decision about something, but college goes by so quickly that I didn't have much time to wait. I found it is important to take bold steps and be willing to step out of my comfort zone in order to get the best experience. Stop waiting for someone else's approval, and just go for it.

I think the most important thing to know before going to college is that it is okay to feel lonely. It is okay to be scared, and it is okay to feel like you just want to leave and go home. After being at college for an entire year and discussing the first year experience with my peers, it seemed unanimous that everyone felt this way in the beginning. If I had known that I was not the only one feeling like this, it would have made the transition process much easier.

I think the worst thing about my school is the same as the best thing about my school: it is enormous. This makes it much more difficult to find the group of people that you fit into perfectly. At the same time though, this means that there are many more options for you to experiment with until you find the perfect group. It also makes choosing classes, meeting with advisors, and getting to know professors much more difficult; however, once you find your niche, the connections that can be made in such a large school are worthwhile.

Emmaly

The artichoke as its mascot.

The artichoke as its mascot.

If you would like to save money for your first two years at a college while you're only fulfilling your prerequisites and general education, community college is a perfect option. SCC is great because of the way the advisors keep MOST of their students on track, the professors are AMAZING and tuition is affordable.

Ronnie

My classmates are very helpful when it come to giving feed back on assignments. The teacher has the classmate next to you grade it, then you can fix the errors before giving her the assignment.

I would give myself the advice of show up every day and to take every writing assignment to the writing center for a totur to check it so you have the best paper when turning it in to the teacher.

That the teacher don't care if you come to class or not and that you have to have displine to come to class every day. Also if you come to class every day you would pass the class with at least a c. Now if i would of knew this i would of came to class every day so i would of been at a university by now.

Austin

The thing that is unique about Scottsdale compared to other schools is that it has many different great programs to offer. Also the campus just got remodeled and the new buildings are very impressive and eco friendly. The buildings make students feel more important because they are brand new and create a possitive learning enviroment for students. Another thing that is unique at scottsdale is the free tutoring for each subject matter. The tutoring is very helpfull for students because it helps them understand the material better and succeed in their classes.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior the advice I would give myself is to apply to as many scholarships as I possible can. I have stated this because there are a lot of scholarship out there just waiting for students to apply. Unfortunately some scholarships are not rewarded to students simply because they are lazy or don't want to put any effort or time to work at something that will eventually help them pay for college. I thought that if I had a good GPA throughout high school was enough for scholarship opportunitys to find me without any effort on my part. I was wrong because in real life people must work hard to get something in return. This is why I would remind myself to never give up on the scholarship search because there is so much money out in the world just waiting for hard working students to receive what they deserve.

The kind of people who should attend this school are people who want to have a good college experience without paying to much money for it. Scottsdale has many good programs at the campus. The top program there is the film program, so if a student wants to major in film and don't want to pay thousands of dollars in tuition. They should attend Scottsdale Community College.

michael

my school is small hands on and student orientated

my school is small hands on and student orientated

they vary in age and degrees, are usually not academically superior

I would tell myself to enjoy my last year under my parents household and all the time that i got to spend with my mother and brother; also to start saving as much money as possible for college. In school try to get all straight "A's" and apply for grants and scholorships much sooner than i did. And finally, i would move to tucson instead of scottsdale and start establishing myself in tucson, rather then attempting to move in a year or so. Now i live on my own, go to a community college as a full time student, work 30 hours a week and live on my own right out of high school. I wish that i would of had more money to pay for college and told myself to enjoy my senior year and to really soak in all the time that i had with my family before i moved. Just to prepare more for college and continue to strive for the engineering degree no matter what.

Knowing the things I now know I would advise myself to not complain about how hard my English teacher was my senior year. Although it was difficult and I could never seem to get a grade which seemed satisfactory to me, I couldn't be any more thankful for that class. It was because that teacher expected so much out of her students and never let us slack off that I got an "A" in my English 101 class and find my 102 class to also be a breeze. I would also tell myself to be more outgoing at making friends outside of my own little clique because when you go to a school 200 miles away from home you have the option to be quiet and make very few friends, or to be outgoing and make a lot of new friends. And in college people don't care if you were a princess, brain, athlete, criminal, or basketcase in high school. So all the time spent to get into a specific clique is just time that could have been spent on far better things. College isn't about what you were then, it's about who you are now.

The small class sizes and the teachers who actually show interest in their students and care about their well being.

More classes could be offered at a wider variety of times.

Ashleigh

I would force myself to apply for scholarships instead of appling for financial aid. I would also talk myself out of attending Arizona State University. I would also tell myself to get more involved with organizations on campus because I left ASU after 5 years with a bachelor's degree and I don't have any fond memories or friends from those five years.

I like that Scottsdale Community College is small and provides a more personnel experience than the one I received from Arizona State University. I also like the specialized courses which attracted me to Scottsdale Community College for my Certificate in Crime Scene Technology.

I do not have a statement to make for this question. I haven't experienced any problems at Scottsdale Community College.

Scottsdale Community College is a beautiful campus with a caring staff. I feel that the staff goes the extra mile to help you succeed. What I love most about the campus is how clean and resourceful it is. I can get all my work done in the class room and and truly understand the concept of the assignment. I am even able to finish my projects before the assigned due date. Even though the campus has been around for years it still looks brand new. I just love the entire vibe of the campus I really enjoy attending SCC.

I am in the Interior Design program at SCC and I feel lucky to have such talented and respectful classmates. I have never been in an atmosphere where the students all help each other with projects. It is really amazing to know that we all can work together as a team. I feel empowered to know that the classmates want to see each other succeed.

The first thing I would do is prepare and research. Next I would have been more involved in clubs and programs. The best advice I could give to myself would be to stick with my decisions no matter what anyone said about my career choice. The first two years are just milestones and once they are passed the experience is truly rewarding.

Lexus

I would tell myself to focus on getting ready for college, apply for hundreds of scholarships, and research schools that interest you. Do not settle and go after your dreams, never feel discouaraged to try something new. You have so much life left to live so if you can focus right now on getting a career and a higher education it will only benefit you in the long run. Time flys by so do productive things with your life and enjoy every minute of it because life is short. I would say believe in yourself and have confidence to achieve whatever goals you set forth for yourself. Embrace your induviduality and encourage others to do so as well. Enjoy college and all the exciting adventures that await you.

I believe a person who is ready for a higher education should attend college. Someone who wants to enrich their minds and spend time doing something productive and useful. Along with that, I believe the student should enjoy what they are doing and love being a student.

A person who does not have the will or passion to learn. A person who isn't ready to take the next step for a better future. I believe all people should go to school but if you are just not sure if you can handle it then I suggest they wait until they can give it their all.

Diana

They are attentative and willing to learn

They are attentative and willing to learn

I will advise myself that there is enough time to study and get good grades no matter what.I will advise myself the new method i found that helps stduying be less stressful and still have time to have fun

Some classroom are old. Learnin in small cramp class that are hard to learn, like the board is too far or there is not enough ligts for the students to see what is being written on them.

Scottsdale Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.