Scottsdale Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Scottsdale Community College

Nikolas

Scottsdale Community College is a great community college! From what I've been told it's ranked 4th in the nation which means it has to be a great school to attend. The environment is nice and the teachers here are more than willing to work with you.

Kierstin

Scottsdale community college is great! There are plenty of resources I find impressive especially for a community college. Everyone on campus is very nice and friendly. Not many big clicks but Arts and Sports are appreciated at this school. Faculty is great! Classes are excellent. Love the food and the landscape is beautiful. Great location and cost. Love this school great vibe. Parking is hard sometimes but not like at a uni.

Luis

The school has a great friendly environment. Orientation really set all the comfort and helped students feel relaxed. Many great classes going over many fields of study. Wonderfully sized classes and teachers who are always happy to help with whatever the need might be. Very active as well with Native-American culture as it is the one college in America on Native American land.

Efrain

My overall opinion of Scottsdale Community College is that the teachers are there to actually teach you to become the best you. When we are ahead of any topic, we discuss personal life skills and also discuss current events to get perspectives of all students and how we can overcome those obstacles and how they may impact our lives through economic, societal, and environmental perspective. Arizona may be a bad place for many teachers, however, at SCC, I believe the teachers have given me a new found love for educations that my previous schools didn't.

Eileen

It is a very small community college but I have had nothing but good experiences with the professors and administrators. Scottsdale is a cute area but the surrounding area is on the rez so it is pretty empty farm land. The classes are small usually around 20 students. The required courses get a lot of students who don’t care but the higher you get the more focused the class is.

I love the school and the environment, the professors are all great and everyone is really nice there. There isn't as many social events and not many clubs or extracurricular activities that I know of. The classes are really great and are small enough that you get one on one time with the teachers.

Sophia

The campus is beautiful. They have a variety of activities to do on and off campus but you have to be proactive and become involved in those communities. The teachers are also wonderful. You should always "rate your professor" before committing to them because it can make or break your semester. I do not think they provide housing of any kind for students but I do notice there are lots of ads for those seeking roomates on campus.

Troy

Class sizes are usually small with approximatly twenty students at most in one class. Professors love what they teach and are radient when teaching and discussing their courses. Very affordable and highly recommended community college. There are plenty of clubs that are interesting that are welcoming to new students.

Cierra

It's a great school for any individual planning on entering the arts. It is highly encourage to take part in tutoring, office hours, and any/all student resources. Great hands-on, affordable college. I would recommend Scottsdale Community college to anyone looking to enroll in college.

Xitlalli

I feel the school is reliable, safe and very informative. There is plenty of time for one on one advising with professors for students who lack in certain learning areas. Not only is this school informative about colleges and universities; it is very informative about outside of school issues. Have very affordable classes and an easy process of admission. Recommend this school to all upcoming college freshmen.

Originally, I only decided to attend school at SCC because of the more affordable price. After a couple of years, I have come to be very grateful for my decision because I turned out to really love it. I have met some of the most supportive and amazing teachers here and I feel like I am receiving a great education. The smaller class sizes, the qualified instructors, and the helpful resources are only a handful of benefits that any student receives from Scottsdale Community College!

Alejandro

Scottsdale Community College is really great, I can take the trolley to and from class. The Teachers are always there to help whenever needed. We can go to the counselors for any financial advice or other. We have enough time without any rush to complete our assignments.

Sabrina

Scottsdale Community College has been a wonderful place for me to transition into college life. Class sizes are great, mine have always been between 15-40, making sure you are capable of getting that one on one time if needed. My professors have all been wonderful! Masters in their subjects, set an agenda for the semester and stick pretty close to it and more importantly provide plenty of time for you to come and get some help and clarification. SCC offers a variety of classes and has a great nursing program! Counselors have been wonderful in helping me create a game plan for my major and also showing me pathways to transfer to a university after two years. SCC offers tons of resources and materials to help you make a smooth and pleasant transition into college!

John

I love Scottsdale Community College. It has the best Film and Theatre department in our district. At first, I thought it was odd having an Artichoke as our mascot. However, I then learned the story behind it; at SCC, we don't want to choke the art out.

Evelyn

Literally the best Maricopa Community College. Every teacher there teaches with a passion. The classroom sizes are amazing and every student is friendly. I've been fortunate enough where I can explore many of the departments SCC has to offer and every single department is amazing. All the head of dept. care for the students and their learning environment. I am so lucky to be at SCC.

Alexandra

I have completed one semester at Scottsdale Community College. Overall I have enjoyed most of my classes. The honors program is amazing and gives away a ton of scholarships each year. I am enjoying taking my honors classes here and then transferring to an in-state university. If you are transferring make sure to check the university 4-year plan and transfer credit guide to make sure they take your Maricopa Community College class! This is extremely important because there's a ton ASU, UOA, and NAU do not accept. For example business classes at SCC only transfer as electives. Make sure to get involved here and enjoy your time. The class size is small which is a benefit for knowing your professors. This will ensure good recommendation letters if you are a good student. They offer a ton of classes universities do take as well so its a great way to save money. If you qualify for FASFA or receive a scholarship here you should defiantly go here for a year or two.

Jake

I go to this school for its stellar film program. Every single professor is here to teach and equipped with industry experience to back their lessons. The students are dedicated and ready to learn. Along with that, the amount of equipment we have access to is incredible. We have RED cameras, C100s, all sorts of Zeiss lenses, J.L. Fisher dollies, and so much more. We also get the opportunity to shoot on 16mm film. This school has the most supportive staff, friendly & dedicated students, and so much opportunity for quality knowledge. Not to mention, this is a community college, so it is SUPER inexpensive. The amount of equipment the students have access to mixed with the incredible amount of opportunities to freely create is unmatched by any film school. The school is very focused on DOING instead of textbook knowledge. Though there is a little bit of theory that you can learn, most of the things you learn happen on your own sets, practicing what you want and creating the things that you've always wanted. It's an incredible opportunity for everybody and there is nothing bad that I can say about my experience here at SCC.

Daisy

Scottsdale is a very great area with beautiful scenery. The graduation rates are not the highest, however, Scottsdale Community College holds high academic standards to not only the students, but the teachers as well. The library is massive and so much technology is available for continuing our education as students. Our athletic teams are kept to high standards as well, and very supportive and thankful for all teammates, coaches, and staff.

Blake

My overall opinion of Scottsdale community college is that it is a blissful and euphoric campus to be on. The student body I have come across show exemplary aptitude for success, which is shown by the drive to learn found in each student. I find that political intercourse can be found in the most estrange of places. ( not just the local cafe) The campus is recently built, so most if not all equipment is up to date. Being a scientific and Arts school I believe to be better suited for predominantly academic endeavors.