Claremont, CA
Scripps College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Scripps College

Andy

Personally, the small intimate size of Scripps was one of its biggest appeals to me. Coming from a large public Southern CA high school meant Scripps was a treat. I transitioned from a school that was packing kids into classrooms like sardines in order to try to save a buck, to an open environment of small class sizes that was more than dedicated to giving each of us the education we deserve and crave. A "big picture" thing about Scripps has to be the Consortium. It's hard to define one Claremont College without mentioning them being nestled together. It's fantastic that we have our itty bitty own schools that have their own resources but share everything with everyone else. It creates this environment of small schools become medium school, without losing any of the amazing prof to student ratios. We share dining halls, gyms, pools, clubs, classes and even housing sometimes. Each school has its own abundant resources that it shares with the others, so no matter what you need, you'll find it! The Scripps Community is one that cares about each of its students. If there is any upset on campus or feelings of alienation, we can come together to discuss and work through everything. Sometimes it's like one big summer camp. Everyone talks, everyone cares. Admin also cares, a lot. We have office hours with our president and deans, we have tea with our professors and The Motley Coffeehouse as our local gathering place. Everyone that works at Scripps, works there for a reason. They are all passionate and caring and out to make college one of our best experiences. My only drawback is that sometimes I do wish Scripps was louder. We have a beautiful campus that is so quiet and nurturing, but I would love it a little bit more if more girls opened their doors, blasted music, chatted in the halls and generally ran around. We're so civilized! Let's get crazier! Scripps is academically challenging and we all love our quiet study time, but I always loved the way my hall had open doors and frequent comings and goings. I just want to say "Open up ladies! Let's have a block party!"

I've met just about every type of person at Scripps, and because we are so small and intimate, we all interact and are all friends. I would say that we are very accepting of everyone, I've never felt awkward or out of place for any reason. I think Scripps is similar to many institutions of higher learning populated by younger people, in that many students politically lean more to the left. But that's not to say that those of us who don't feel out of place. I feel as though many Scrippsies are always cute. They care about how they look and they look adorable! Sure, some people wear sweats or pjs but you can get some great fashion ideas from a lot of them. Scrippsies interact with everyone and are a good mixture of everything, it's fun!

We're located in LA and the school provides opportunities for students to buy inexpensive tickets and transportation to fun events in LA like concerts, plays and beach trips. We <3 LA and if you've never been to SoCal, it's a great way to experience it. In-n-Out is a local burger chain that is beloved by all us SoCalians, and one of the coolest things is that during freshmen orientation, Scripps gets an In-n-Out truck to cater lunch! Scripps is really detail-oriented in that sense, they want us to love our time here and make sure to provide us with every opportunity to fall in love. If Scripps were a person courting it's students, it would definitely win our hand in marriage every time.

1. I would honestly say that "Scrippsie" is pretty accurate. Every girl I've met at Scripps is engaging and intelligent; fun and lovely. Each of them does or doesn't enjoy going out to a greater or lesser extent. It's up to each Scrippsie to decide her pace, and on the whole, we're all pretty much down to have a good time and we choose how that happens. 2. I have never met one of these women. I don't even think they exist. Do they? "She would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold" if we're going with Elizabeth Bennett on this one. The only time I've had someone insist that we don't need to conform to male pronouns and words like "mankind" was a male professor trying to be sensitive or something...and we all felt a little confused. Sure there are lesbians but people are people, love who you love, and rock on about it; being at Scripps doesn't effect that. To be fair, yes we are all women, and yes we are all PROUD to be women. We love and support each other and recognize the struggles we have been through. That doesn't make us any sort of feminazi. 3. Once again, this is an extreme stereotype, and I don't know if I've ever met one. You'll find girls and boys at any school who are more eager than everyone else to get a little party crazy. It's not a Scripps only thing.

Scripps academic life is everything I ever wanted. Classes are small and shared between colleges [unless they are intro-y Scripps only freshmen-y things]. The professors know my name, know my writing, and care about me. They care if you come to class, if you participate and if you're generally ok. Many of us see professors around the campuses, in the dining halls and sometimes the gym [hahaha] and it's so nice to know that they want to say hi and they want to know how you are. They know you and care where you're going in life. Like most schools, we have general requirements. But a lot of our classes apply to those requirements and can double count to eliminate them. It's not like a school whose requirement are "you MUST take this specific history/math/science class that you WILL hate." Instead, we have general subject areas like social science, letters, foreign language, etc from which you can choose from a number of interesting individual classes. We do have CORE which is a class for three semesters that gets more and more specific. This, besides Writing 50 is the only class that will always be all girls. Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Core. I was geared up for it, because a lot of the specific sections of Core sound super interesting, but I felt a little let down. It wasn't challenging or interesting to me, but I know people who disagree. My main problem with Core is that it is assumed to be this magical make-you-think-crazy-differently class, but I haven't experienced inspiration or interest. However, it is awesome for giving all of us the same base and jumping off point in many historically important thinkers.

Challah for Hunger is one of our most popular clubs. We get together and make and sell yummy flavors of challah [like chocolate or cinamon raison!] to raise money for local and global organizations to fight hunger. But besides that, there are TONS of clubs for almost anything, if not at Scripps, then as a 5C club that anyone may join. We just had our first Relay for Life hosted by Colleges Against Cancer! The idea that Scripps is this isolated women's school where we never see men and if we see the light of male, we scream and explode into flames is such a myth. Because of the consortium there are men everywhere, so Scripps becomes much more of an all girls' dorm. Every school hosts 5C parties throughout the year and there are 5C activities/school hosted events 6 days a week, and usually there are 4 things to choose from every night of the weekend. Many of the relationships at Scripps are college relationships: hook ups and short relationships. There definitely are very serious relationships that last a long time [I've been in one since November, after my own personal stint of meeting guys at parties, and the same is for a few friends of mine]. I had guy friends from myself as well as his friends, and many of my friends also had inter-campus relationships. You can't avoid exes like you can at giant universities, we don't have that many places to hide, unfortunately. But on the whole, because everyone is friends, we're all pretty amicable. Relationships depend on the people entering them and their expectations. I didn't even want a relationship, but he won me over eventually. Meeting guys is not impossible and it's always fun to run around enjoying yourself for a while. Many of my closest friends are my hallmates from freshmen year. We lived together, cried together, loved together and grew together. I also have so many friends from orientation and classes, and we are all so close. There’s no stopping those friendships, and every girl I know from Scripps is the best and there for me no matter what. The 5Cs don't really have Greek life. I think we have a very small number of 5C frarorities [frat-sororities] but they aren't really big time, they don't have houses and I don't really know if they have the type of alum participation/sponsorship/connections as a large university.

I like to think that Scripps women come in all shapes, sizes and flavors. There are those of us who enjoy partying every night and those who would rather stay in with a few friends and a movie. We are pretty much a spectrum. However, I was told by a student at a fellow 5C that there are three types of Scripps woman: 1. Scrippsie--your average Scripps girl: smart, fun, cute, enjoys friends/hanging out, but isn't a crazy party animal. 2. Scrippi-nazi--crazy ultra-feminists who get angry at the use of words like "mankind" and generally hate men or are hardcore man-hating lesbians. 3. Scripper--yeah, he went there. He said that Scrippers [yes, like 'stripper'] were crazy party animals who generally had too much of men and alcohol.

Tristan

Most beautiful campus and dorms in the world surrounded by mountains and ocean 30 miles away. Womens college which gets tiring to explain to people: but is great also aided by the co Ed Claremont colleges we share classes, dining halls, and sports teams with. Get involved and anything is possible here.

Intelligent, outspoken, driven, generally tolerant and accepting.

Come visit us if you want to make your own path!

NO! I cannot stress this enough. Scripps students are diverse intheir talents, interests, and backgrounds. When are in general a very open and accepting community. All scripps women are defintely intelligent and the vast majority are motivated or fueled by a specific cause. It is a powerful group!

Great professors,mentors, life coaches who will spend time with you and care about you. I have been to my professors' homes many times. Courses are challenging and do prepare you for the real and academc worlds. Students study a good deal but still manage to multitask and have fun on the weekends and evenings. Finals time is serious and high stress for most as is the mandatory senior thesis. Be ready to attend class and participate. Students are competitive with students from the other Claremont colleges but scrippies help scrippies! My department is close knit: like a mini family we plan great events. Fav class: international economics. Least favorite: calculus (liked the professor-not the material). Most interesting: race in the us economy, you are what you eat, and the artist book.

You will not have enough time to join all the clubs/go to all the parties

1. Spoiled brats 2. Man hating lesbians 3. Socially akward women 4. The most gorgeous creatures in the world

Grace

Most of the faculty, especially in the Joint Science Department, are wonderful. Having the availability of the consortium is a big draw and is what I personally appreciated the most as well as the faculty when it came to academics. The campus is gorgeous, if too much so, but it's nice to be able to lay out in the sun in the middle of November. A large issue though is that the diversity needs to increase, or as a matter of fact, needs to exist. This includes socioeconomic status as well as racial diversity.

As said before, diversity is lacking if there is any at all. Stereotypes exist for a reason and stem from something. Minorities that are part of the student body though are strong and active. SCORE is a wonderful place and the directors are great as well. Socioeconomic status also drastically needs to change within the student body, and in my opinion the student body needs to be more aware of the lack of general diversity. The administration tries to dabble with the issue but has consistently failed in my opinion to act upon issues that come up or meetings that happen. Besides this, most students are from the west coast. Mix of private and public educations. Students here are generally good-hearted, down-to-earth people who are friendly and encouraging.

Scripps overall is great, specifically for its academics, but it still has a lot to work on. There are a lot of issues that go about throughout the year never discussed and never dealt with, though students are aware that they exist. This fault is both on the administration as well as the student body.

If you view feminist as simply believing in equal rights between men and women, yes. If you think it's a raging lunatic lesbian, then no.

Professors, even if some of them may not be the greatest, are usually there for the students and want to make sure you've learned and are learning. I speak specifically for the Joint Science Department when I say that there are some really wonderful, good people who are faculty and want you to succeed in life and in your academics. Humanities classes can be a hit or miss, though I may think this because I'm a science major. Having the consortium is a definite help to increasing available options and courses that sound interesting, and getting to know different faculty. Degree requirements are a bit much, but for the most part they are easy to fill. Specific rules regarding the race and ethnic studies requirement though need to be changed, as well as the fact that taking piano lessons or choir does not fill a fine arts requirement is a bit ridiculous. The Core sequence is a love/hate course, and in reality depends on your instructor and the students in your class, as well as what you are used to or what you enjoy learning about.

5C organizations are popular, but there are a lot of Scripps organizations as well. Challah for Hunger is extremely prevalent on campus. Dorm community has been an issue as of late, and there is sometimes a lack of students who actively keep their door open. Parties do not happen in Scripps dorms- they take place elsewhere like in the parking garage, or on another 5C campus. Dorms are generally quiet. Guest speakers and intellectual events commonly take place throughout the year, as well as special events. Last year Lupe Fiasco performed for the consortium. KSPC Radio also tends to host some indie or local musicians. Rhino Records is in the Village and also hosts a few musicians throughout the year. Meeting the opposite sex can be difficult and is one thing that I felt was portrayed easier than it actually is. It's difficult to make lasting friendships unless you play a sport, sing in an a cappella group, take the majority of your classes off-campus (which is impossible your first semester) or are partying every single weekend. People have had different experiences regarding this though.

Casey

It is hard to write a "Big Picture" just about Scripps and not about the undergraduate Claremont Consortium overall. The five colleges are so integrated that it feels more like one big campus than five separate ones. While Scripps has less than 1,000 students, the Colleges have over 5,000 people. This contrast is perfect because it makes for small classes and tight-knit communities within Scripps, but also allows for the diversity and social scene of a bigger school. If knowing everyone at your college, making best friends with your professors, and being able to walk across campus and back in 10 minutes excites you - Scripps' small size allows that. If you need a few thousand more people and other perks that a medium-sized school offers, the Claremont Colleges as a whole will still meet your needs. The best place to hang out on Scripps is the Motley Coffeehouse (progressive, feminist, student-run, fair trade, eco-friendly, supporter of the arts, etc. It represents Scripps well) or anywhere outside since our campus is beautiful. Claremont is very small. It's downtown is called the "Village" and it is within walking distance of the schools. It is quaint with several expensive restaurants and boutiques - not very student friendly. But while you won't find the college town - typical row of bars, burrito joints, and Urban Outfitter stores anywhere nearby, there are basic resources like a post office and pharmacy, and some sweet locally-owned places that are well worth checking out. If nothing else, the train station is located in the Village. It will take you to LA in less than an hour. Since Scripps is so small, it is easy for students to get to know administrators. Some stand-out offices are Career Planning and Resources, the Office of Off-Campus Study, and the Student Activities and Residential Life Office (particularly the Office of Off-Campus Study,I just can't say enough good things about them. If you want to study abroad, Scripps is a great place to do it). Some of my favorite things about Scripps are the quirky traditions that have been in place since the early 20th century. Scripps does not take its traditions lightly. We still have tea on Wednesday afternoons and "candlelight dinners' a few times each semester. Even if you're not into the nostalgia overload, you will learn to love these events because they provide you with excellent (often free) food.

Created by Alison Cantor (Scripps '10) in Spring 2010 for Media Studies 148 (Scripps) - "Introduction to Video" All content filmed in and around the Claremont Colleges. All interviewees are Claremont Colleges students.

One thing Scripps needs to work on is improving the sense of community in the dorms and on campus. Scrippsies are very passionate people, and we come in with our racial/sexual/religious/political identities and values on our sleeves. I love that most Scripps students are active and not apathetic, but the diversity of values and identities can fragment the student body. We have many small, tight-knit groups on campus, but little sense of solidarity as a whole student body. In my experience, finding your group can take some effort (it's pretty hard to meet people in classes) but if you are pro-active about getting involved with activities you care about, you shouldn't have a problem. And once again, there are four other colleges full of people to be friends with if you're not having luck at Scripps. Scripps' diversity is growing and I think our administration is making a great effort to be as accepting as possible to students from all walks of life. While I think the majority of students are white, middle to upper class, not extremely religious, and middle to left in politics, we have visible and growing communities of students that do not fit this mold. In terms of how image-conscious Scripps students are, that defintiely varies from social group to social group too. Look into a class and there will probably be a mix of sweatpants and sundresses.

We have students that fit into all three of these categories but they are by no means the average or most common Scripps student. The roots of the stereotypes are easy to find: 1. Scripps is known for its programs in the arts and the humanities and is academically challenging. Naturally, we attract a fair share of artsy and studious individuals. Many of who like to read. A lot. And really enjoy their classes. 2. Some Scrippsies like to have fun and go out on the weekends. And maybe on weekdays too (the Claremont Colleges have an official, school-sponsored party every night of the week except for Monday). 3. We share this stereotype with all women's colleges. Scripps (along with all five Claremont Colleges) has a visible and welcoming queer community. There are many resources for queer students and different LGBTQ organizations you can join. It's a pretty awesome place for LGBTQ students but it's also a great place if you're straight too.

Most Scripps classes that I have taken have been very small and based on discussion. Homework almost always involves extensive readings and papers. It is easy to meet and get help from your professors, and I have many friends who still stay in contact with old professors just because they really like knowing them. However, I am not a huge office hours-goer and I still get along just fine in my classes. The three semester CORE program is mandatory and often groaned about but it does have its perks. My Core 2 and Core 3 classes were quirky and wonderful ("The Science and Poetry of Sleep" and "Human Dolls" [about the representation of the human form in art])and the Core 1 reading list includes some really important historical academic works. CORE is also great because the classes are Scripps-only. Most classes at Scripps, because of cross-registration, are co-ed. Co-ed is cool but personally I really like all-female classes. I think a lot of Scrippsies have found that this environment makes them less self-conscious and more comfortable participating in class, which is great when you are just starting college. And, if nothing else, CORE 1 provides a fail-proof ice breaker during the 1st semster of your first year. The amount of time that students study really varies based on their major and their personal priorities. I know some girls who are constantly studying and I know people who do significantly less studying than me. All somehow succeed academically to some degree so I think it really depends on the person and their specific academic situation. In general, I don't find students to be competitive or overly focused on grades. We have high standards for ourselves and like to do well, but we like to lead exciting lives outside of our classes too. Once again, I can't rep the consortium enough. I am a self-designed major (yes, Scripps does allow students to self-design majors. It's not extremely common but also not hard to do) within the Media Studies department and a Gender and Women's Studies minor. Both departments are 5-College, which means I can take classes for my major/minor at any of the schools. Even if you have a Scripps-centered major, you can still take plenty of classes at the other schools. In two years, I have already taken classes at four out of the five schools. So even if you have academic interests that are not found at Scripps, they are likely available to you within Claremont.

There are SO many clubs and activities both on Scripps and on the other Claremont colleges. From political and social activism to arts/music to sports - you can probably find a club you'd be in to. There are a fair share of Scrippsies involved with Claremont-Mudd-Scripps sports teams (we are the Athenas) but not a lot of enthusiasm for athletics as a whole. We probably get most geeked about acapella concerts and dance recitals than for any sports games. We also have guest speakers come often to campus and the event calendar is usually bursting. The problem is that most Scripps students are too busy to attend these events. That can be frustrating if you plan events but it's certainly not the worst problem in the world. Dating at the Claremont Colleges usually involves hook-ups and short relationships. Long-term relationships do exist though, they are just not as frequent. The school is small, but not small enough to make things look hopeless when you break up with someone. There are definitely enough potential partners around Claremont, but yes, you probably will end up having some romantic overlap amongst your friend group. That is just inevitable at small colleges. The party scene at Scripps is pretty non-existant but there are parties at the other campuses almost every night of the week. I think most people go out 2 or 3 times a week. Thursday and Saturday are the biggest nights. Weekday partying doesn't happen often but is available. There is alcohol at the parties, but there is also a lot of sober fun to be had too. Although some complain about Scripps' lack of a party scene, it can be nice to go out to the other schools, have fun, and then come back to the peace and quiet of Scripps' campus once you are done. Plus you don't have to worry about vomit in the toilets or red cup debris in your dorm.

I think there are three main Scripps stereotypes: 1. artsy bookworms 2. party girls 3. lesbians

Jackie

I love that Scripps is part of a consortium. This allows you to take classes at other campuses, use a variety of facilities that does not belong to Scripps (dining halls, gyms, sport fields, etc.), and meet a lot of people. Since Scripps is an all women's college, I enjoy having four co-ed schools in the consortium. This means having men in your classes, at parties, and around campus. Even though Scripps is a small college, the other four colleges gives it a large university feel with the benefits of a smaller school. Also, Scripps is located in Claremont, CA. Claremont is a beautiful city and the college is very close the the village, a great place to go to dinner, get frozen yogurt, or just walk around.

I was part of an Asian American club at Scripps where we had a sponsor and events for all of the Asian Americans. Although I did not participate much, I found all of the women welcoming. I do not think anyone would feel out of place at Scripps regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. There are groups for every kind of person! I feel like Scripps is relatively diverse. Many students at Scripps are out of state or international. There are different financial backgrounds and political views too.

Of course Scripps has women who fit into these categories, but there are a lot of women who do not. Because Scripps is a woman's college, many people assume these things are true. However, I do not think the majority of women at Scripps fit into these stereotypes.

The classes are very small and all of the professors know your name. I took a Spanish class with only nine students. My favorite class was calculus 2 because I had an amazing professor who truly cared about the students and loved what he was doing. Most professors at Scripps are extremely helpful and available. They all have office hours where you can ask questions or just visit with them. Some professors even host events outside of class. The classes are challenging, but they are not impossible. You will often hear students discussing lectures or any academic material outside of class. Also, there are quite a few general education requirements. However, I think most of these are helpful and the classes are geared toward getting a job. The only class I did not really enjoy was core because I did not think it was relevant to my major or any of my interests.

There are a lot of different groups and organizations at Scripps (some are shared with the other colleges in the consortium). I'm involved in cheer and admissions. Cheer is a 5-C club and it is a lot of fun to meet women from other colleges. The athletic events are somewhat popular (we share our athletic team with Claremont Mckenna and Harvey Mudd). Since we are division 3 in most sports, it is not extremely competitive. One of the great things about Scripps is that it is a pretty quiet campus and we only have 2 parties a year (although these parties are usually big and crazy). However, if you enjoy going out and having a good time, there are always parties at the other Claremont colleges. Basically, if you want to party, you can, but when you want a quiet place to sleep, you have that too. If you aren't into the party scene, Scripps also hosts many sober events (with free food!) such as carnivals, movie nights, and more.

Scripps students are often stereotyped as feminists, lesbians, or "easy" women. Urbandictionary.com explains more of these stereotypes.

daniel

College is a lot different than high school. Your freshman experience will definitely make an impression on you. Without doubt, though, the most dramatic freshman year is for those living away from home. What can you expect as you head off into the wonderful world of higher education? The first thing you'll notice is the workload. It will be heavier and more intense than you ever experienced before. The major challenges of college work are the large volume of reading, the short deadlines, and the writing, writing, writing. You'll be away from the comforts and friendships your home provided for you over the previous years. But you'll be making a lot of new friends. Believe it or not, your college friendships will be among the most satisfying and long-term of your life. It's always exciting to discover how wonderfully diverse college relationships can be. You may even start to think about your future. Be on the lookout for role models. Going to college is as much about finding out who you really are as it is about getting that degree.

Lisette

College has been a rewarding experience. It has matured me and allowed me to dream again. I have acquired the ability to set goals for myself and achieve them. College has filled a void in my life that has prevented me from reaching my full potential. Coming back to school from the workforce was a challenge at first, but once I began to develop the discipline and the desire to learn, school became a powerful tool that I needed to succeed in life. I know now that having a college degree can break some of the road blocks that I faced out in the work force. I would like the opportunity to earn a college degree, continue to achieve an advanced degree and eventually start my own eco-friendly business in the future. I want to use my business to promote a healthy lifestyle and create environmental awareness so our children may live in a healthier cleaner world. College will be the key to unlock the doors for my success and help me to realize my dreams in life.

Sophia

Scripps College is best know for providing women with a strong liberal arts education, teaching them to think critically, live independently, and build community. The campus is well renowned for its lush trees, secret gardens, and beautiful architecture. The faculty and staff are both committed to ensuring that Scripps women succeed- academically, socially, spiritually. Scripps truly creates a nurturing environment that allows women to become the best that they can be and realize their full potential. Scripps women continue on to become leaders in whatever professional field they choose to go into.

Although I am only in the second semester of my freshman year at Scripps College, I can already identify changes in myself. Although I have always been an independent person, living far away from my family has given me confidence in my own abilities. Intellectually, I have become a critical thinker, a stronger writer, and a vocal student in the classroom. The community at Scripps has allowed me to form invaluable friendships that will last a lifetime. The faculty and staff are truly committed to creating a nurturing environment so that I can explore who I am and discover new layers of myself. Through courses that use intensive reading and writing to develop critical thinking skills I approach the world in a new way. The small classes foster tight bonds with fellow classmates and the chance to work closely with professors on papers and projects. Ultimately, Scripps College has given me the opportunity feel confident in my own abilities.

The fact that Scripps is a women's only college can make it difficult to meet men, despite the fact that the other colleges surrounding Scripps are co-ed.

Giselle

Overally competitive students, who are mostly sheltered and know little about practical living without the aid of their paren...

Overally competitive students, who are mostly sheltered and know little about practical living without the aid of their parents.

I would give my completely shocked self a hug. Then I would proceed to say: "Dear Giselle, you need to understand that though you are escaping a bad situation at home for a better one in college, you are NOT going to have the same college experience as everyone else. You do not come from the same background, financially, emotionally or educationally. You do not have the same support system that they do. But just because you are coming from a harder place does not mean they get to make you feel that you are worth any less, no matter your g.pa.. You've made it this far because you are a brilliant minded person with a lot of character and strength, and you should not let anyone - teacher or student - make you feel any differently. You are going to confront more obstacles than you thought, especially because Scripps College promised to be a home, but will more often manifest itself as a snobby, undiversified student body, anchored by a bureaucracy that wants you to feel appreciative of the pittance they give. Despite the many heartaches, you need to remember: everything will be okay in the end. I promise."

Anyone who is disadvantaged or underrepresented in higher education (ie: economically disadvantaged, racially underrepresented or dis/differently abled).

Jasmine

Wednesday Tea The Motley Coffee Shop Beautiful Campus Green Lawns and Palm Trees Comprehensive Humanities Department Great Study Abroad options

Dear Jasmine, I want to prepare you for your transition into college life and everything that comes after. The most important piece of advice that I can give you is for you to make a set of goals for yourself at the beginning of the year. Knowing what you want out of your college experience and recognizing that some flexibility is necessary will allow your transition to go smoothly. The goals will give you a direction and being flexible will allow you to try new things. There will be many times when you aren't sure about the path you are on, in these times I suggest that you seek advice from friends, family, or someone who you trust has your best interest at heart. This will reduce stress on your part. Remember that you are young, and this is an amazing new journey for you to embark on. Nothing in life goes exactly according to plans and that's alright, as long as you are confident in the decisions you make everything will work itself out!

If you prefer discussion based classes and a large humanities department then Scripps College is for you. If you are comfortable with introductory courses, CORE to be precise, that are not inclusive to all cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds, then you may be comfortable here. The model Scripps woman is white, upper middle class, and enjoys sundresses, tanning on the lawn, and Wednesday Tea, a Scripps tradition. Scripps will be a big adjustment to anyone from a racially, culturally, ethnically, etc. diverse town.

Scripps College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.