Scripps College

« See more reviews of Scripps College

Scripps students use their eloquence and extreme artistic talent to fuse together a diversity of interests and skills and influence with what can only be called beautiful knowledge.

There is no typical Scripps woman, but my classmates are generally passionate, intellectually curious, and desire to change the world in some manner.

Overally competitive students, who are mostly sheltered and know little about practical living without the aid of their parents.

Focused, studious women who enjoy questioning accepted values and systems not only by thought but also through action.

My classmates are dedicated, smart, driven, artistic, and gifted.

Hardworking, passionate females with a variety of ambitions

I can't. They're all completely different.

Intelligent, motivated, intense.

Amazing

The student body is not very diverse, and most students are upper-middle class, Caucasian, and heterosexual. Which is not to say that EVERYONE is, and Scripps does make an effort to admit diverse students. The SCORE office is home to racial, religious, and LGBT support clubs at Scripps. Scripps makes an effort to be welcoming to all students, and within the student body people are generally accepting. The student body is fairly relaxed, and their is not much grade competition. Students do not brag about their grades or about how well they are going to do after college. Students usually go to class in t-shirts and jeans (or some equivalent depending on the weather) and have good relations with their professors. Most students have a close group of friends, but I would not describe them as 'cliquey'. Most students are politically aware but do not shove it in each others faces, and in general Scripps students have liberal leanings.