Scripps College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Scripps College

K

Scripps College was the right place for me. Located in the tucked away suburbs of Claremont, I found an entirely different environment than what I'm used to. I'm a very shy and introverted person and I met my best friends here...the housing assignments were amazing for me. I grew so much academically because the classes are as rigorous as they get and the professors are so close. Senior THESIS is as intense as it gets. You'll find the quiet wallflowers, unafraid to own their feminism, and the charismatic faces who can't run away from the F-word faster. Honestly, Scripps is not very racially or economically diverse. I was often the only non-white, non-upper middle-class person in the room, and I noticed the most my freshmen year. First year is when we are entering college with our high school assumptions, so of course, it was the hardest to meld with such different kind of group. Scripps has an Admissions Advisory Board and FirstGen program for Low SES students of color like me. That's where I found community and the most support. These programs enabled me, they gave me a sense of belonging and made it so that I could fully love and enjoy my experience as a Scripps.

Melony

I really love the campus and the environment. The students are extremely friendly and there's always someone willing to extend a helping hand if needed. The professors are also very approachable and are more than happy to help you understand the material and talk with you more if need be. It's an all around wonderful place and I'm happy to attend!

Fia

There is so much that Scripps is not. We don't have much of a sports scene, our dorm life could be better, and the campus itself tends to be quiet, especially on the weekends. Scripps is definitely not for everyone, but I love this school and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Though I have only spent a year at Scripps, I believe that my time here has shaped me into a more open-minded and confident young woman. In many ways, Scripps is a traditional liberal arts college; it is a small, residential school, with a tight-knit community. Classes are excellent. Students are thoughtful, driven, and creative, which makes for exciting class discussions. Professors are brilliant, but also unpretentious and great at teaching. Scripps also offers the resources of a much larger school, as it is part of the Claremont consortium of liberal arts colleges. We share many resources, including clubs, classes, dining halls, a library, a counseling center, and a health center.

Mindy

This is a sad place with a nice facade and no soul - full of activists including professors and administrators. The president and board are totally incompetent. Tuition keeps rising because they know the rich will pay for their white children to attend while those in need continue to suffer. This is a bad place. Find another college to attend and don’t waste your money,