Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Gracie

Seattle University fosters an environment where students are active in social-justice projects, students are involved in an array of service-oriented activities where they can grow as human beings and contribute to the community; it is evident that the mission statement, which claims to empower leaders for a just and human world, is evident through how the professors genuinely care about their students as well as the leadership classes and opportunities SU offers.

I would tell myself to ultimately not fear the unknown. What would make me fully understand this? I would have to bring my trumpet, good ol? Bessie, in the bigger picture. When I accidently play a note that is not on my sheet music, I assume that it was wrong. But, there is no such thing as a ?wrong? note. When you meet people from all different walks of life, whether you are in college or not, everyone has their own rhythm. When you are in college, it is ok to try and find your own rhythm; in the end, all of your experiences, varying from friends you have found or lost, late nights working on papers, conversations with professors, and so much more will be the foundation of your harmony. All of the notes you play connect s to the whole song. Don?t worry if you don?t know your major right away, or if you feel alone from time to time. Everything that you encounter, both the good and the bad, notes that may or not be on the sheet music, will flow and is meant to be part of your life journey.

The worst thing about Seattle University is the price of tution. The bill may deter students from actually attending; they may not be able to get as much financial aid as they would like. Although SU is generous in terms of academic scholarships and grants, it inevitably comes down to how much the students are able to pay for the quality education SU provides.

Tessa

Seattle University is ethnically, racially, religiously, economically diverse; it has a strong focus on the community and academic excellece.

Transitioning into college is a big step in a person's life, it shapes a person and their future career. Before deciding on a school I believe that it is important to make three lists; list one should contain potential majors that the student may want to pursue, list twoshould contain specific values that are important to the student, and list three should contain important location qualities that they want the school to contain. The first list is important because a student should choose a school that has several of the student's potential majors available to them. Many students begin college set on a specific major and then within a year decide to change their major. I believe that making a list of values that are central to who the student is is also important because some schools are better qualified than others to help a student maintain these morals. Lastly, the location of the university is very important because a person cannot be happy unless they enjoy their surroundings. As you can see there are a lot of considerations that need to be taken into consideration before deciding on a university.

Seattle University is a very diverse school that welcomes all races, all religions, and all sexual orientations. I think everyone would feel welcomed at my school, but I think the experience would be most beneficial forpeople who are used to being singled out for being different and want to fit in and find people like themseleves. My school is strongly based in jesuit values and therefore expects students to be welcoming of others, volunteer in the community, have a positive outlook onlife. Lastly, envirnmental protection and being green is very important to my school so environmentalists would like my school.

Seattle University is in the middle of the city, is liberal and close minded, has small class sizes, and is very acedemically based.

Most of my classamates are intelligent, talented, hardworking, and relatively friendly.

If I could go back, I would tell myself that transitioning from high school to college is going to be scary but immensely rewarding. Growing up is a big part of the transition and learning to depend more on yourself and your own thoughts and morals is key, especially in the beginning when you are just meeting people and feel alone. Calling home is not a sign of weakness, instead realize your parents still appreciate being needed and are willing to help or give advice with anything. You will meet people who want to be your friend for exactly who you are, even if you are not quite sure of who that may be. One of the most important things to remember would be that it is all right to not know exactly what you want to do, or where you want your life to end up, college is to help you figure that out. I would tell myself it is okay to let go of some things in the past but keep the memories; just because moving away and growing up may cause some friendships to dift apart, those friends were still important influences in my personal development.

Holly

I would advise myself to just do it. I am now a full time student with 4 children, and it is a struggle. Had I done it when I ws fresh out of high school it would have been much easier and I would already have a career, rahter than just getting into the schooling for the career. College is a wonderful experience and also very challenging. It is twice as rewarding as it is difficult. WIth a 3.95 GPA now, I know I could have done it then and been just as successful, if not more successful. Even being a young mom, I can show my children how much you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. It truly is a wonderful experience that you should not miss out on!

Betty

My school is very small compared to others, so the students get more time with their professors. The students get to be known on a more personal level and are given more of a personality than a number. Another unique characteristic is that it is a private Jesuit school, so the students are very active in community service and play a great role in social change to help those around us. The campus is also very small and beautiful, there is nature everywhere.

Being given the ability to go back in time would first of all break the laws of physics, but I would definitely do it if I was able to help myself by giving myself advice. The first thing I would tell myself is to take my education more seriously and stop worrying about my image, because in another 2 years I won't be talking to the same people I now call "friends." Time changes things so quickly, and we grow up and move on, faster than our minds and bodies have time to catch up. Another thing I would tell myself, is, "The most important thing is your future so you need to focus on that. You need to keep your mind on your goals, your dreams, and you need to always work your hardest and try your best so you can achieve that." Going back in time, I'd know what I know now, and that's that I let too much time go by without working towards something or being productive, I was too busy acknowledging things that are now meaningless to me. The one thing that stands the test of time is my education.

Cherie

If I went back in time to tell myself about my college experience thus far, the first thing I would say is how difficult it is living away from home. I did not realize how difficult it would actually be. Coming from Hawaii, it was more than just leaving my family, I was leaving everything I had ever known. I would convince myself that even with the difficulties, I would get through them. I would talk about the great friends I made and the many things I have done that I would not have had the chance if I stayed home for college. I would talk about the trips down to Oregon, snowboarding, and bonding with my family living in Seattle. And finally, that this is all a big learning experience; in the classroom, living on my own, and the discovery of myself. Looking back to how I was as a high school senior, living away from home forced me to grow up and mature. The last thing I would say is, despite all the challenges, I will get through them and become a stronger person.

Emilia

That it is in Seattle and is very liberal. Great resources for jobs and internships.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I tell myself to enroll into a running start program to take college credits. Optimally, this would mean time and tuition savings. The average college student does not have enough time to explore all the available possibilities for majors, and neither did I; that is why it makes sense to get core classes out of the way. Another important idea is to spend quality time pondering my major, other academic interests, and ultimately my career. Also, writing out a four year plan, setting out my goals and how to go about achieving them, would top my list. I would then choose the best college that would prepare me for my specific field. College is a time to transition from high school to a career, which allows one to grow and defines character. The point of my advice is that I am concerned that the average college student does not have enough time to explore different fields. After all, college is about personal exploration so taking your basic credits at a much lower price makes prudential sense.

A person who enjoys the rain, likes a small campus and small classes and is a vegitarian.

Laura

The mission of Seattle University is to not only build the mind but the soul as well.

Seattle University is the most unique compared to the other schools because they are a non-profit Jesuit catholic school .

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would change a few of things. First, I would tell myself to take my school work more seriously. I received good grades but, I know if I applied more hard work I would have received excellent grades to achieve an academic scholarship. Second, I would tell myself to join more clubs and participate in community service. I worked part time and was on the cheerleading team so; there was not much time for anything. I wish someone would have stressed to me how important it is to have some leadership experience and community service for college applications. However, I think if I managed my time better I would have been able to join more clubs and extracurricular activities. Third, I would have started a saving account just for college. College is very expensive and if I prepared myself better I would not be struggling to pay for text books. There are a lot of things that I would have done differently during my senior year from being more active in school events to starting a college savings account.

Samnang

My school is a non-profit Jesuit private school built around the idea of providing academic quality.

If I could go back in time talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to plan everything carefully to not waste time. I would tell myself to take all the tough classes at my running start college because tough classes are even tougher at a university. Instead of working, I would tell myself to there are many loans available and money would not be a big issue. Lastly, I would tell myself that the transition to a university will be tough, but perseverance and time management is needed to endure through it.

The best thing I consider about my school is the small class sizes (roughly 30-40 students per classes) and how there are four classes a week as opposed to three from other universities. Additionally, the campus is relatively small and parking is not a problem.

Rebecca

I would want to make sure I was completely sure about where I wanted to go, despite where other people I would be graduating with were going and despite the cost of the school. Both of those factors impacted my decision greatly, but looking at it now I have come to realize that I came to higher education for just that--education. Peoples motives for going to a university are going to vary, and I just wish I would have assessed exactly what mine were about before commiting to go somewhere.

I'm from a smaller town compared to Seattle (the city I'm from is over 200,000 people but doesn't compare to Seattle at all), so the big city element was a little dunting and scary at the beginning. I wish I would have fully known the policy about automobiles on campus for freshman and sophomores, seeing as how those two groups usually aren't granted parking permits due to limited space.

This school is really diversity-oriented, so someone who is open to discussing practical problems facing the world and our generation would like it. Although it's a Jesuit university you don't have to be Catholic to attend and there is no religion that is strictly inforced, although at times prayer is said, so if that element makes someone uncomfortable than I wouldn't recommend the school. SU is situated on the edge of downtown Seattle as well so it's a very central point in the city. A small campus, with a lot of possibilities.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.