Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Holly

I would advise myself to just do it. I am now a full time student with 4 children, and it is a struggle. Had I done it when I ws fresh out of high school it would have been much easier and I would already have a career, rahter than just getting into the schooling for the career. College is a wonderful experience and also very challenging. It is twice as rewarding as it is difficult. WIth a 3.95 GPA now, I know I could have done it then and been just as successful, if not more successful. Even being a young mom, I can show my children how much you can accomplish if you set your mind to it. It truly is a wonderful experience that you should not miss out on!

Betty

My school is very small compared to others, so the students get more time with their professors. The students get to be known on a more personal level and are given more of a personality than a number. Another unique characteristic is that it is a private Jesuit school, so the students are very active in community service and play a great role in social change to help those around us. The campus is also very small and beautiful, there is nature everywhere.

Being given the ability to go back in time would first of all break the laws of physics, but I would definitely do it if I was able to help myself by giving myself advice. The first thing I would tell myself is to take my education more seriously and stop worrying about my image, because in another 2 years I won't be talking to the same people I now call "friends." Time changes things so quickly, and we grow up and move on, faster than our minds and bodies have time to catch up. Another thing I would tell myself, is, "The most important thing is your future so you need to focus on that. You need to keep your mind on your goals, your dreams, and you need to always work your hardest and try your best so you can achieve that." Going back in time, I'd know what I know now, and that's that I let too much time go by without working towards something or being productive, I was too busy acknowledging things that are now meaningless to me. The one thing that stands the test of time is my education.

Cherie

If I went back in time to tell myself about my college experience thus far, the first thing I would say is how difficult it is living away from home. I did not realize how difficult it would actually be. Coming from Hawaii, it was more than just leaving my family, I was leaving everything I had ever known. I would convince myself that even with the difficulties, I would get through them. I would talk about the great friends I made and the many things I have done that I would not have had the chance if I stayed home for college. I would talk about the trips down to Oregon, snowboarding, and bonding with my family living in Seattle. And finally, that this is all a big learning experience; in the classroom, living on my own, and the discovery of myself. Looking back to how I was as a high school senior, living away from home forced me to grow up and mature. The last thing I would say is, despite all the challenges, I will get through them and become a stronger person.

Emilia

That it is in Seattle and is very liberal. Great resources for jobs and internships.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school, I tell myself to enroll into a running start program to take college credits. Optimally, this would mean time and tuition savings. The average college student does not have enough time to explore all the available possibilities for majors, and neither did I; that is why it makes sense to get core classes out of the way. Another important idea is to spend quality time pondering my major, other academic interests, and ultimately my career. Also, writing out a four year plan, setting out my goals and how to go about achieving them, would top my list. I would then choose the best college that would prepare me for my specific field. College is a time to transition from high school to a career, which allows one to grow and defines character. The point of my advice is that I am concerned that the average college student does not have enough time to explore different fields. After all, college is about personal exploration so taking your basic credits at a much lower price makes prudential sense.

A person who enjoys the rain, likes a small campus and small classes and is a vegitarian.

Laura

The mission of Seattle University is to not only build the mind but the soul as well.

Seattle University is the most unique compared to the other schools because they are a non-profit Jesuit catholic school .

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would change a few of things. First, I would tell myself to take my school work more seriously. I received good grades but, I know if I applied more hard work I would have received excellent grades to achieve an academic scholarship. Second, I would tell myself to join more clubs and participate in community service. I worked part time and was on the cheerleading team so; there was not much time for anything. I wish someone would have stressed to me how important it is to have some leadership experience and community service for college applications. However, I think if I managed my time better I would have been able to join more clubs and extracurricular activities. Third, I would have started a saving account just for college. College is very expensive and if I prepared myself better I would not be struggling to pay for text books. There are a lot of things that I would have done differently during my senior year from being more active in school events to starting a college savings account.

Samnang

My school is a non-profit Jesuit private school built around the idea of providing academic quality.

If I could go back in time talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to plan everything carefully to not waste time. I would tell myself to take all the tough classes at my running start college because tough classes are even tougher at a university. Instead of working, I would tell myself to there are many loans available and money would not be a big issue. Lastly, I would tell myself that the transition to a university will be tough, but perseverance and time management is needed to endure through it.

The best thing I consider about my school is the small class sizes (roughly 30-40 students per classes) and how there are four classes a week as opposed to three from other universities. Additionally, the campus is relatively small and parking is not a problem.

Rebecca

I would want to make sure I was completely sure about where I wanted to go, despite where other people I would be graduating with were going and despite the cost of the school. Both of those factors impacted my decision greatly, but looking at it now I have come to realize that I came to higher education for just that--education. Peoples motives for going to a university are going to vary, and I just wish I would have assessed exactly what mine were about before commiting to go somewhere.

I'm from a smaller town compared to Seattle (the city I'm from is over 200,000 people but doesn't compare to Seattle at all), so the big city element was a little dunting and scary at the beginning. I wish I would have fully known the policy about automobiles on campus for freshman and sophomores, seeing as how those two groups usually aren't granted parking permits due to limited space.

This school is really diversity-oriented, so someone who is open to discussing practical problems facing the world and our generation would like it. Although it's a Jesuit university you don't have to be Catholic to attend and there is no religion that is strictly inforced, although at times prayer is said, so if that element makes someone uncomfortable than I wouldn't recommend the school. SU is situated on the edge of downtown Seattle as well so it's a very central point in the city. A small campus, with a lot of possibilities.

Caitlin

My school is a Jesuit university, so it relates religion into most of the classes that students take. The university focuses on making each student a better all-around person by establishing core values along with making each student take classes from each of the main academic programs. Everyone must take at least one math and science class, along with two theology and philosophy classes. Social science and fine art classes are also part of the core work that must be completed before students are allowed to get into their major's coursework.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and have fun because the next four years will be very tough. I would tell myself to find my passion and stick with it because that is where you will find joy during the rest of your life. Another thing I would tell myself to do is to focus on getting better time management skills. As an athlete, managing classes, practices, travelling, and still trying to have at least somewhat of a social life is one of the hardest things to do. The most important thing is to have fun and try new things because time goes by very quickly, and sooner than you think, high school and college will be over and it will be time to step into the real world and start the rest of your life.

I wish I had known how challenging the classes would be compared to high school. Also, I wish I had known how to manage my time in a more organized way, especially being an athlete.

Kyra

If I were to go back in time to talk to myself as a senior in high school I would begin to research more about independent living. I became a fully independent student once I left for college, I had to start college with no support from my family while starting something new and exciting in a completely different state. I also would have visited the colleges before I chose which one to attend. This was difficult for me to do because of financial restrictions in high school but it would have changed the entire move in process and new student experience. i would also warn myself not to become "overly involved" in extracurricular activites that take away from my studies. I would encourage myself to continue the programs that meant the most to me and that gave back to the community.

The community that is formed between students, faculty and staff. They are more than caring and friendly but are also enviormentally conscious and love social justice and community service=)Seattle University is a 4 year catholic university (jesuit) and it has a current stident population of around 500 (including graduate students) so the classes are no larger than 30 students.

Currently our school is undergoing construction to recieve a new library and learning commons, it can be sometimes distracting and can interfere with sleeping if you are nearby it in the dorms. The construction is only taking place until Fall 2010

CHARDEE

I would tell myself to make the most of the time I have in college because I can only do it once. Join more clubs, study harder, make more friends, and enjoy myself because the working world is nothing like the college world!!

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.