Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

MIMBOUABE

The stereotype of students at my school is international students; they are believed to come from rich parents/families. I don't think this is accurate because a lot of them won a scholarship to study abroad, so their parents are not able to assist their need here in the US.

Seattle University is a very competitive college and for my major, it is very competitive. However, there are great teachers and advisers who go beyond their duty to ensure that all students who need help are got it. Class participation is commonly encouraged and my favorite part is lab where I can put into application what I read in books.

Kim

I wish I had known there were so many hills to walk up to get to places on campus.

The most frustrating thing about Seattle University is the dinning hours for our campus.

Aubriana

I believe cultural diversity and opportunity for the future are what my school is best known for. My school has such a variety of students that are open to their diverse gender and sexual identity, race and ethnic backgrounds, and lifestyle choices. The great thing about Seattle Univeristy is that every student is so open to each other's background, where discrimination and bullying rarely exists. Also, with our successful and challenging course curriculum, I feel very fortunate to be presented with multiple opportunities with finding a future occupation, along with internships, connections, and opportunities in years to come.

College is hard. I came to this school for the wrong reason and if there were any advice I could give myself as a high school senior, it would be to go to college with the goal of getting an education. My original goal when coming to this school was to find myself as an independent person as well as try new things without my parents on my back. I didn't realize until this school was almost taken away from me what my real purpose here is. Yes, this school is expensive, which means you just have to try harder to stay here. This school offers so much towards your education and every faculty member is so willing to help you with whatever you need. Take advantage of every resource this school offers. You are capable of achieving so much, don't throw it all away for the sake of partying. Freshman year is exciting, but focus on your studies and do your best. Don't be nervous, you're going to be great.

I never could imagine a student that shouldn't attend Seattle University, simply because of our openness to each and every student. But, if there wasn't a student to attend here, I would think a student that came to this Univeristy for the sake of partying and escaping responsibilities. In reality, this school costs money and takes a lot of hard work to get admitted into here. If a student has such values as not working hard, little motivation, and living for the weekend, then they really don't deserve to waste a spot amongst such elite students.

Change your mind, and change it often. College is the time to truly explore what deeply moves you. The choices you make will feel as if they are the biggest challenges you will ever face, but trust me, they get harder! In every decision you make, whether it be your friends, your classes, and all the little things, choose with your heart. It is okay to change your mind, as long as you follow your heart. If you make a choice and it was wrong, you can feel confident owning your mistakes because you knew at that moment, that decision was true to your heart. Do not settle for something that does not fill you, because there is room for mistakes! Do not look back and say “I should have”, look back and say “I did”.

Seattle University is a thriving community of passionate students, faculty, staff and alumni. Students at SU share passions and it is easy to meet like-minded individuals. The campus is in the middle of the city, but has lots of trees and gardens. The people at SU truly care about the environment and each other.

Our class sizes are small, usually under 30 students. This allows students to build genuine relationships with professors and other students. This creates opportunities to form strong ties with classmates who are in the same career field and gives you the chance to ask for personal letters of recommendation for professors.

Queenelle

Being located in the the metropolitan Pacific Northwest means every student in this school is within walking distance to great eateries, great shops, and great local organizations. As a school that really stresses social justice, the community at this school finds ways to make sure that students are aware of what's going on in the world and presents many opportunities for students to be involved.

Kasey

I would give myself the advice to breath, deep breaths, in and out, and remember that change is good, even when it hurts. I would remind myself that people really aren't as scary as they seem, that no one can tell that your right side is paralyzed or that you even have a disability at all, and even if they can tell that your fingers are abnormally stiff, they will not judge you for it. I would remind myself to be kind to everyone, even the people who get under your skin, because they might be the person you need help from later on. I would remind myself to smile. I would tell myself that if you just trust in yourself and ignore those thoughts about how your answer in class isn't good enough, you'll be one of the best students and your professors will tell you so. And finally, I would tell myself to not be afraid, to not hide in my room, but to go out and explore, join clubs, ask that boy out, and dance, even though your right arm is stiff and you don't have control over it. Just dance.

Alicia

Seattle University's probably most well-known for its overall accepting community (prominently its activeness in LGBT awareness) and drive for becoming as economically friendly as possible. Being right at the center of Seattle, the college is known for being conviently placed at the heart of Seattlelite activity. Capitol Hill, where the college is technically located, is never absent of amusement and is a perfect area to bolster a student's social life.

During the last leg of high school, of college ambassador visits, frantic applications, and FAFSA deadlines, I've been bombarded by "practical" advice: "Don't forget about your GPA", "Even if you've been accepted by your college, you can still fail!", and other intimidating words of warning. With the surmounting pressure to succeed or to crash and burn, piece by piece, I've generally forgotten that I was my own person, that I was anything but a product of a system out of my control. But if there's one thing that college is filled to the brim with, it's freedom. High school conforms you, forces you to become someone you can no longer recognize because you're afraid of the grief, afraid of the pain that comes with being what makes you, You. Graciously, college says, "To hell with that! Your destiny is yours to decide and what you choose will be of your own free will." So enough of the "yes man" and become "my own man". Do what you want to do, eat what you want to eat--dance like nobody's watching!

I wish I knew the exact cost of attendance. While Seattle University is an absolutely wondeful campus, the tuition was a bit more than I was expecting (as it is a private college). The college does attempt to give out financial aid but it still seems a bit too much for me and my parents to handle.

Siri

What I made the mistake of in high school was concentrating too much about what other people thought about me. I attended Bellevue College for about 2 years before transferring to Seattle University, and going to college and stepping out of high school changed my perspective on this. I realized that the only person who can and should make me happy is myself. If I can't be happy with myself and the efforts I put forth in my life, it makes it much harder to succeed, socially, mentally, and physically. The other day, I was talking to my boyfriend, and I said, "I am not trying to lose weight to make you happy with who I am. I am trying to lose weight because it will make me happier with who I am." That is something that I never would have done or said at 17 years old. Worrying about what other people think about you only stresses you out and feeds into negative thoughts.

The kind of person who takes themselves, their schoolwork, and their world and culture seriously.

What I love most about Seattle University is not only is it environmentally conscious and politically sound, but it also has small class sizes. It allows students to interact closely with the teacher and other students, and succeed.

Joanna

Seattle University seems to be known for its diverse and accepting community. Seattly University is also known for its small class sizes and how much it focuses on each individual student to lead them to sucess.

Seattle University is unique in many diffrent ways. One thing I love is the fact that so many people care about your well being, professors are always there to help you and other administrators and staff are always willing to help. The student body is also great. The attmosphere of Seattle University is very accepting and diverse. This university is great place to center youself and find who you want to be with wonderful people at your side to help you.

Going into college I was not exited for any aspect of it, I was scared that I was not smart enough for a private university and that I would never be able to make friends. I knew that my high school education was not good despite the fact that I was in AP classes and I had the mentality that the only reason I was accepted into Seattle University was because of my ethnic diversity. Now that I have completed my freshman year of college I can say I had a great experience and made some of my closest friends. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself it is ok to be scared but do not think you are not good enough for this opportunity. Seattle University chose me for a reason and now I see that it is a big opportunity that I very much appreciate and an experience that I have so far loved. Another advice I would give myself is to not be so shy. Coming form a small judgmental town I now appreciate living in a city like Seattle where everyone is open and accepting.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.