Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Shahida

The advice I would give myself is to first think of the exact major I want to do in college and prepare myself for it be volunteering in the field, job shadowing, asking individuals in the profession what they think about it. Also I would apply for scholarships every month once I start my senior year so I can start saving for college. Also I would suggest picking up a part time job so I can save up for tuition and book costs. Starting out at a community college is the best money saver. I would also look at schools that have to particualar major/field I want to go to and start comparing them. This way you know what particular schools want, how they differ and start catering your application requirements to these specific colleges' programs.

The parking is bad, it's in downtown Seattle and parking permits are very expensive per quarter.

Tuition is very expensive and financial aid still doesn't cover enough to make it affordable for middle class families.

Nadine

The advice I would tell my high school senior self would have to be when looking at colleges find a college that you can see yourself in. Do not pick a school that your friends are applying to because college starts, you will meet a new group of friends and not just the friend that you met in high school. Another important thing to keep in mind is to follow your own mind and heart rather than what your parents or fellow peers think is best. This is because they are not the ones going to college, you are. They do not know what you like nor what you want in a school, only you can determine this. The important thing to remember is to be a leader not a follower. Not only does this advice help in school, but also in life. One cannot be a leader if they are a follower.

I consider the weather and the diversity is the worst thing about the school. Seattle is known for being cloudy and always raining. It rains for more than half the year and the only time one can see the sun is when it is the summer time. Keep in mind, summertime is the only time when students are not even at the university because they are back home. Also the diversity was not as diverse as they say it was, which was a disappointment for me.

The person who should not attend Seattle University are those who are not willing to keep an open mind and learn from their peers and professors. Seattle University's goal is to care about the student first, but also value the excellence when working with great teachers who are active scholars. A person who is not willing to challenge themselves throughout their academic year at Seattle University should not attend this school because that is one of their main goals for those who are attending at the University.

Olivia

I would tell my high school self to just relax. If you stress about the transition, you're going to be stressed out. Everyone wants to adjust and make friends, so you're all in the same boat. It's going to be okay. The classes may be tougher but you'll have more independence and everything is in your hands in college. If you need help, it's up to you to get it. So don't stress, but be firm with yourself. Know what you have to do and do it. College is your time to be whoever you want to be, so make the most out of it. And remember, it's all going to be okay.

The financial aid counselors aren't always helpful so you've got to find one that is and stick with them.

The food is amazing. There are six places on campus to get food and all the food is amazing. Also, the food service people are actually cool people too. Not to mention we have a kick-ass library.

Kaitlynn

If I could go back to when I was in high school I would actually finish high school and tell myself I can do this! I have a daughter so if I never dropped out she wouldnt be here today. I wouldnt change anything really, I of course would try harder!

Sara

If I could back in time as a high school senior I wouldn't tell myself a thing. I believe that as we go through life, we learn from our mistakes. We should see each day as a learning experience. Part of maturing, is making mistakes and growing from them. When I was in high school, I did well enough to get into San Fransisco State, but I did not go. Instead, I went to Palomar Community College. Some say this was a smart move because I saved money, and some say it was a mistake because there is nothing like the real college experience. I personally think that everyone has their own path, and I went down mine in the right way. I have grown up so much since high school, that I now feel capable to make the switch to a University. I think that people need to stop looking back so much and wondering what they could have said or changed. We should all be looking towards the future and what it has in store for us. That is the advice I am giving myself now.

Ryan

It is very small, sort of like a community college.

It is very small, sort of like a community college.

Dear 2010 Ryan, A part of me wishes you could actually read this. That part of me wants to save you the pain you will shortly endure. Only if you could read this would restless nights of watching the rain fall, wishing you were somewhere else be spared. But as I realize you need to suffer to become who I am today, no advice could be given. Our two year gap may seem insignificant, but those two years are monumental. It would be selfish to give you advice, knowing that every breath you took and every step you walked would lead you to be someone else. Because the path that you are on is going to bring you through a great deal of sorrow. But through it all you will become me. And for the first time you will be happy and proud being who you are. If I could go back in time a note would be left on your bed just before you moved into your dorm. On it would be written, Your past is not your future… Your past is NOT your future.

It is not the regular college experience you will get by going to a state school.

Abigail

If I could go back in time I would tell myself about the awkward walk to class on my first day in college. I had no idea where I was going, and even though I got to the campus really early so I wouldn't be late to class, I barely made it to class on time. I would talk to myself about how to make sure I get good teachers, using the resources that are available online to make sure I have teachers that I feel like I can learn something from. From the first class I had on the first day, to the last class I had on the day of finals I learned that it is just as important to attend classes on time every day, as it is to make sure I have teachers that I can understand and learn from. It's difficult to know how to be successful when you don't have the proper tools to help you along the way and contribute to the journey, and I would want to let myself know about how to take advantage of the different resources that are available to me as a student.

Cassandra

All pretty friendly and diverse, you'll be able to find your niche.

All pretty friendly and diverse, you'll be able to find your niche.

Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Join clubs, meet new people, and expand beyond your floor. Yes, you're going to make great friends with the people who live on your floor, but it's also good to see who else lives on campus. Do hang out with your neighbors, but not too much around finals time. Stress can turn people into monsters. Things are going to get hard. Get help as soon as you can. Don't worry about what people might think of you. The psychological services here are great, and they're really willing to help you. It will get better. If you don't like what you're doing, change your major. It's your life, no one else's, and if you're not happy now, what makes you think that you'll be happy in the future? Switch to what you love to do, you won't regret it. Most of all, have fun! This is the time of your life, don't waste it.

The small classes make it easier to get help and to understand what is going on in the class. The teachers really get to know you.

Zoe

The campus is all of downtown Chicago. Also, it is interdisciplinary so you can explore many different mediums of art.

Apply for as many scholarships as you can so you can pay for college. Also, don't be shy. Get out there and make friends because there are so many incredible people with amazing stories that are just waiting to share them with you. Make sure you sign up for classes early so you can get the classes you want. Finally, study a map of wherever you are going to school so you don't get lost. Lost people are most often the ones targeted by predators because they make easy targets, so be careful!

There is no meal plan. Students don't have food they can count on being there. I personally have to budget out my money to figure out how much I can spend on food, however, it is a good learning experience.

Hana

Set a goal for yourself and set out to achieve it. You've heard it a million times before but your college process really does begin with what you make of yourself in highschool. You should really value the time and teachers there because things will be extremely difficult and foreign to you when you go to college. You will miss out on attending a university as a freshman if you don't bring up your SAT scores drastically. Apply to scholarships now! As you know, mom and dad don't have a college fund for you, so you must try your best to make ends meet and help pay for college yourself. I know it will be a difficult journey, you may cry and doubt yourself many times, but just know that people are always there to help you. You never have to go through anything alone. Communicate with your parents more, it may seem like there trying to ruin your life now, but you will appreciate the sacrifices they made for you to come to the U.S. and make something of yourself. Stay true to who you are and always have faith.

Honestly, anyone should attend. I would assume people that are not serious about their academic endeavors would be a hinderence to the community, but Seattle U is very open and accepting to a pleuthura of individuals.

The faculty and staff here at Seattle University is amazing. They are always willing to help you and truly enjoy their job. With a jesuit mission, a lot of the students here are open minded, and very friendly. As a private institution you really get to know your surroundings, professors, students, and the campus a lot more because of the small size.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.