Seattle, WA
Seattle University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Seattle University

Dawson

SU from when I was a freshman and as a senior now, has changed. I remember coming to the small school for the communal aspect; that everyone knew each other... sort of like high school (both the good & bad). However, SU has been on a mission to expand the campus, meaning the freshman size has nearly doubled, dorms are being built on street corners, a BIG push on D1 sports is top-priority, and most notably, class sizes aren't as small as they once were. They're trying to compete with UW and larger schools - to make their name more known. I don't blame them, but I don't think they realize many people come to SU because it ISN'T a well known or populated campus. They need to accept this and learn that it isn't a bad thing. That said, SU's heart is still there and they mean well... the students aren't your typical UW frat boys or girls; everyone has something unique to offer and very welcoming. The teachers & staff (including the dorm's cleaning & lunch ladies) know you by first name. Religion or beliefs aren't pushed on you. There's a group for everyone - the nerds, the jocks, the hipsters, the gays, the partiers (which, btw, SU DOES have - for anyone questioning our party habits; they exist, believe me). So long as you don't come to SU expecting the cliche college experience of frats, auditorium classes, and football tailgates, then you'll fit in fine... it's an overall very laid back & honest campus.

Jaimar John

If i can go back in time and talk to myself as a high senior student, I would advice myself to do better during my high school days since highschool is the foundation in preparing for college. Reading and Writing are both vital in college since most of the courses requires it. I would tell myself to practice reading lots of books since there are many readings in college and to broaden and improve my imagination so that I can write my essay assignments continously without having any headache thinking of ideas . But the most important advice I can give to myself for me to succeed in college is to be aware of deadlines. DONT PROCASTINATE! that is my golden rule since procrastinating is reallly tempting to do when there are loads of work to do in school. Procastinating would just lead me to cram and rush on my duties which would eventually result in presenting a sloppy project or assignment. some say that "it is better late than never" but believe me, it is never good to become late in anything we do. It's better to finish off whatever you can do right now than to cram tommorow.

Whitney

Seattle Universiy is a a Jesuit school but it is very open to all kinds of diversity. Though I applied to other Jesuit schools they were not in an urban setting like Seattle University and I feel like that has a lot to do with the level of tolerenace that my school expresses.

After being in college for two years, I know now that college is nothing like I expected. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself not to attach myself too much to my high school persona. Starting colleges gives you a clean slate, you can be whoever you want to be. I took me a while, but I finally started to be myself and it took college to make me realize that I wasn't being myself in high school.; I was trying too hard to impress everybody. I would also tell myself not to be roommates with my high school best friend. Though it seemed a good idea at the time it prevented me from openeing up and meeting new people, and it also ruined a freindship. If I hadn't have held on to the relationship like a saftey blanket than not only would I have retained that relationship, but I would have expanded my social circle, and thus the potential for new experiences, and been able to find out sooner who I wanted to be as a college student.

I consider myself a moderate, but the majority of students on campus are very liberal. I often feel that by their standards I am a conservative. I often don't feel comfortable expressing my political views. Seattle University is very diverse ethnically, sexually, and religiously, and I feel very comfortable expressing those views, but for some reason I tend to shy away from political discussions.

Andrea

I'm learning more about the concept of justice and its role in society.

I'm learning more about the concept of justice and its role in society.

Other outlets for scholarship money would have been nice to know about.

Tuition is the biggest struggle for me. I'm paying almost 20,000 a year most of it with loans

Jianna

My college experience thus far has opened my eyes and my world to many fascinating aspects of life, from language to politics to clubs where I feel empowered, and though in a group feel like I can accomplish things. I have learned to be patient and work with other people in groups. The most valuable thing though that I have learned is time management and about people. Time management will always be a useful a skill and as far as people go just that about who to trust and whether or not to deal with people, and how to focus on my education. College has been valuable for me to attend because my time is spent working towards something productive, which for me is saving the planet. I have been able to learn languages and meet people that have the same interests acquire people skills, problem solving skills as well as work experience and enjoying life as well. I am also in a program currently at my college called Model United Nations which is the subject I intend on majoring in. So to sum it up college offers a variety of opportunities which lead to other opportunities.

Cori

Without college, I wouldn't be a dedicated and hardworking student. Signing up for classes has taught me how to manage my time wisely and to take things seriously; applying things to everyday life and getting what I can out of it. It's up to the student to utilize their resources the best they can and to learn if they want to. We're entering the adult world and must stand up for ourselves and accomplish something if we wish to achieve anything in life. College will help me on my way to finding a great job which can sustain a healthy lifestyle for myself in the future. My parents never attended any school after graduating high school, so this is an important statement for me to make. I wish to climb higher than I ever have before and will let nothing stand in my way.

Melissa

My college experience has opened so many new doors for me. I am a business finance major. I have learned such valuable information not only about my major but where my future can take me in the last two years. I have built some amazing friendships with people and made amazing connections with some great professors. The business world is a competitive league and I have learned how to handle and succeed in so many different ways. I know I have learned some valuable lessons along the way and I am excited to see where my path takes me. I have three more years to go and I couldn't be happier with the results so far.

Christina

I have learned to work with people I don't necessarily like. I have learned to put work first, play second, and sleep third. Even though it is important to get good grades it is also important to take time for oneself so that you are happy. Seattle U is valuable to attend because it is a community inside a big city. A student gets an urban cultural education, that is personal because the school is not too big.

I wished I would have realized the study abroad programs are limited. Also all the core classes don't leave students room to pursue interests outside their major.

The lack of student involvement in athletics.

Carlito

I learned a lot about me. While I took this huge journey to learn about the world, learn about my field, and learn about the professional world, I was understanding how I fit in this chaotic world. I would do it again! Regardless of the stress, white hair, pain, and debt. :)

I wish I knew about all the free or discounted events. There are so many things to do at SU. There are so many experiences that are at one's finger tips. Shows, concerts, and plays were always discounted for students. I loved that.

You must have a strong idea of who you are before you go to SU. I think that it challenged me a lot personally to be here. There were many people who I could not relate to and who could not relate to me. I had to grow a lot and it was painful. It made me stronger. But I did think about leaving the school. But because I had a strong foundation, I knew why I went to school-I stayed and finished.

Rachele

Prior to college, I had dropped out of high school to obtain a GED. The expectations for my future were to do nothing with my life. But in college, I have become a superior academic competitor; Vice President of Service for our college Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa, I have conducted and presented my first research experiment as the first student from my college ever to do so, and have a current GPA 4.0. College was my rebirth by giving me a reason to have pride in my work and a flourishing environment for the blossoming of new constructs of creation and philosophy in the classroom and in life. In a community college, it has been also rewarding to see my exploits inspire others. College helped me to become a leader, an idealist, and to have a compassion for life that I will carry with me as I progress into my future.

Seattle University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.